• Experience with environmental multi media compliance including air quality, water, waste management, planning, audits/ inspections & reporting.
• Experience dealing with local, state & federal environmental laws, rules, regulations, governmental agencies, environmental compliance, planning issues.
• Compliance- NPDES/ UST inspections, SWPPP compliance, SPCC/ emergency response, waste management/ HW & plan/ prepare/ review BEP’s.
• Air quality - emissions/ source testing/ sampling, permitting/ registration, compliance/ regulations, emission control/ reduction, rule review/ analysis.
• Research/ review policies/ CEQA documents/ planning projects, procedures, pollution sources, emission reduction, data tracking/ analysis/ management.
• Hundreds of audits/ inspections completed & over 100 training (500 personnel) sessions with on time completion at clients’ facilities with no NOV’s.
• Positions: program manager, project engineer, environmental specialist/ consultant/ liaison/ coordinator. Interaction with diverse professionals groups.
• Community involvement, public meetings/ hearings, public comment/ interaction, presentations, technical documents, data analysis, reports review.
• Good communication/ interpersonal/ organizational/ analytical skills, detail oriented, multi-tasking, routine interaction with governmental agencies.
• Knowledge and use of PC/ computer/ MS applications, excel, word, access, power point, databases, internet and office equipment.
Metropolitan Water District (corporate) –Senior Environmental Specialist (consulting contract- Apollo Professional) 2007-2008 Los Angeles, CA
Assure environmental compliance at MWD facilities (treatment plants, Dams, power plants, pumping plants, fleet, construction/ maintenance, etc). Negotiate with regulatory agencies on compliance & advise field personnel on regulations/ technical info to assure compliance on multiple projects.
• Prepare & submit air quality permits/ renewals, permits conditions/ emissions, review & comment CEQA requirements, maintain data base, track permits.
• Prepare and submit hazardous materials business plans/ chemical inventory/ emergency response, update data base and submit to appropriate CUPA(s).
• Track AST/ UST CUPA permit status, hazardous materials inventories/ DTSC compliance, track water treatment compliance/ discharge/ lab analysis.
• Develop procedures for implementing compliance, review on existing/ pending regulations including AB32 & pro-active environmental measures.
City of Lomita- General Planning Advisory Committee- community involvement (2005 – 3/07) Lomita, CA
Identify city planning objectives and adopt goals/ policies for general plan elements. Review and comment on land use, economic development/ revitalization, CUP’s, mixed use, transportation, city infrastructure/ services, budgets, environmental/ CEQA documents review/ impact studies, conservation measures.
• Review & research technical documents/ EIR’s/ graphs, data analysis, statistics and adopt strategies, guidelines, goals, objectives to meet planning policies.
•Attend meetings (council, community, SBCCOG) interact with city departments & government agencies; listen to input/ concerns of public/ residence.
AEI-CASC Engineering/ Consultants- Environmental Inspector (marketed as Environmental Scientist, 50% home office) (2006) Irvine, CA
Coordinated/ perform daily inspection of commercial/ industrial facilities & construction sites to ensure compliance with RWQCB/ NPDES/ SWPPP/ BMP’s & site operations requirements. Provide educational information and training regarding compliance, pollution prevention, erosion/ sediment control.
• Meet inspections deadline, issue compliance/ non- compliance reports / NOV’s to facilities, local municipalities and regional board on findings.
• Review of SWPPP, site storm water management plans, BMP’s practices/ documents, process operations, HW/ materials storage. Marketing.
Delta Environmental Consultants - Environmental Compliance Auditor (2004 - 2006) (100% home office) Aliso Viejo, CA
Implement newly adopted governmental regulation (CCR) at clients facilities to ensure compliance with SCAQMD, SWPPP, SWRCB/ UST’s, CUPA’s, SPCC, HW storage/ manifesting, records review, permits, financial responsibility, operations, EMS/ EIS/ monitoring certifications, tracking software.
• Inspect/ audit facilities, data/ records & issue reports to client/ appropriate authorities & implement any required follow-up corrective action.
• Training/ presentations to site employees on operations, compliance, pollution sources, emergency response, employee safety & monitoring procedures.
• Daily communication with managers, owners, clients, compliance coordinators and governmental regulators regarding environmental compliance.
South Coast Air Quality Management District / Superbtech - Air Quality Specialist (Contract Position) (2003 - 2004) Diamond Bar, CA
Responsible for remote air monitoring stations operations & control to determine air quality impact from area industrial sources for the SCAQMD.
• Data collection/ management (EMS/ EIS, SCADA) & pollutant concentration analysis to determine compliance with SCAQMD & NAAQS requirements.
• Facility monitoring- determine compliance with facility permit requirements, non attainment areas, special projects, JUPITER emissions tracking software.
• Documentation of air pollutants (CO, NOx, O3, THC, PM10, PM2.5) using CEMS/ atmospheric/ meteorological/ electromechanical, instruments, analyzers, gas blenders, sampling/ conditioning system, data acquisition/ transmission, computer remote interface & issue daily/ weekly/ monthly reports.
Addecco (United Water) - Industrial Pretreatment Compliance Inspector (2002) Burbank, CA
Inspect industrial users’ pre-treatment operations prior to discharge to assure POTW was in compliance with NPDES, WDR requirements Assisted users/SIU with the discharge permit application and review BMP’s, SWPPP, SPCC, MSDS, waste management documents and encourage source reduction.
• Performed inspection/monitoring of process and storm water/ waste/ treatment control, analyzed data and issued reports regarding compliance.
Honeywell Int’l (Allied Signal Aerospace) - Senior Engineering Lab Technician (Tech IV)/ HS&E Committee Member (1998 - 2001) Torrance, CA
Operational R&D, engineering, qualification, acceptance testing to assure compliance with DOD, governmental &industry specifications/ requirements.
• Data tracking/ management, report/ failure analysis, corrective action, SPC, program, review/ approval of test/ operation procedures & technical documents.
• HS&E- HS&E program planning/ meetings, development & implementation of facilities’ energy conservation/ monitoring program, storm water monitoring/ BMP’s/ containment, hazardous waste/ inventory, emergency response/ EPCRA, audits & interaction with public & governmental agencies.
United Tire Recycling/ United Carbon Corp.- Environmental Consultant/Technical Liaison (1996 - 1998)Woodland Hills, CA Assist with environmental compliance regarding air, water, waste/ recycled material, CIWMB, CUPA’s, CEQA as they relate to governmental regulations.
• Assisted with planning, program planning/ development of recycled material based pyrolysis plant, material storage/ processing, waste issues & manifesting.
• Determine product applications for customer needs, marketing of products. Communicate technical information to clients, board members, attorneys, etc.
CTL Environmental Services - Program Manager, Air Quality Compliance (1991 - 1995) Signal Hill, CA
Resolve clients’ air quality compliance problems, issue reports to clients/ governmental agencies & make recommendation/ advise to achieve compliance.
• Department operations, program/ projects planning, marketing, proposals, protocols, scheduling & coordinating of events relating to air pollution/ air emissions/ HAP’s/ toxics. Routinely communicate with clients, regulators (SCAQMD, CARB, EPA, etc). Attend meetings/ hearings on compliance.
• Equipment/ facility inspections, monitoring, sampling, data/lab analysis, documents/ report reviews, process/ mass emissions calculations, spreadsheets, etc..
R & W Consultants - Project Engineer- Environmental Compliance (1990) San Diego, CA
Advise & assist clients on permit & compliance issues relating to air quality, emission control, process/ process control, emissions inventory/ HAP’s. Negotiate terms of compliance with regulatory agencies, routine interaction/ meetings with governmental agencies, clients, vendors, industry groups.
• Determine mass emissions rates, data collection, report/ test review, data analysis (lab, test & report), calculations, toxics inventory, report writing.
• Assist clients with permitting, site planning, design, plant layout, flow charts, capture technology/ emissions reductions and pollution control problems.
Energy & Environmental Research Corp.(GE Infrastructure)- Environmental Compliance Coordinator/ Instrument Specialist (1988 - 1990) Irvine, CA
Plan, develop and implement SCAQMD compliance & emissions testing program. Perform facility inspections, scheduling & coordinating of testing events. Assist clients’ (EPA/ DOE, refineries, power plants, AFB’s, etc) with engineering (baseline, R&D) testing & air emissions/ control equipment compliance. Ongoing communications/ meetings with clients & governmental agencies (EPA, SCAQMD, CARB, APCD’s) regarding compliance issues.
• Writing protocols (testing/operation), equipment set up/ operations, testing, data collection/ analysis, review technical documents and report writing.
• Part of a team that designed, constructed, operated of a number of mobile CEMS units. Routine meetings/ interaction with governmental agencies.
California State University Long Beach Long Beach, CA
BS, Public Policy
University of California Irvine Irvine, CA
Certificate in Environmental Science with a specialty in Strategic Environmental Management
Certificate in Environmental Science with a specialty in Applied Environmental Management
University of California at Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA
Coursework included Urban Land Planning and Engineering
American Technical Institute (Trade School) Midway City, CA
Coursework included Electronics/ Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation, and Process Control
Harbor Community College Wilmington, CA
AS with coursework in Environmental Science, Geology, Industrial/ Engineering Technology, Math (calculus I&II)
Environmental Coursework Included but not limited to:
• Land Planning- CEQA/ NEPA process, scoping, impact studies endangered species, watershed planning, historical preservation, wetlands, etc.
• Chemical & Physical Principles of Environmental Management- aquatic & terrestrial ecology, atmospheric, water pollutants/ wastewater
• Biological Principles of Environmental Management- environmental contaminants/ medicine, risk assessment, toxicology, biological systems
• Environmental Chemistry- organic & inorganic, aquatic/ water/ atmospheric/ soil chemistry
• Legal and Regulatory Framework of Environmental Management- CERCLA, RCRA, EPCRA, HM’s, Title V, NESHAPS, TRI, SPCC
• Environmental Assessment and Auditing- due diligence, phase I&II, property assessment, brownfields redevlopment
• Political and Social Dynamics of Environmental Management- CERCLA, RCRA, OSHA, public relations, sustainability
• Site Assessment and Remediation of Environmental Contaminants- remedial investigations/ actions, baseline studies, geology
• Health Risk Assessment- health/ ecological risk assessments, risk management, Title V/ air toxics/ HAP’s
• Waste Management- RCRA, DTSC, DOT, TOSCA, CERCLA/ superfund, HWCL’s, OSHA/ CAL OSHA
• Urban Problems and Trends- Land planning, conservation, source reduction/ recycling, pollution prevention
• Geology- composition, soils, watersheds/ groundwater, atmospheric contaminants, multi- media studies
• Anthropology- Biological/ cultural studies, archaeology, artifacts, human behavior
TRAINING and LICENSES:
• HAZWOPER, 40 hours training- 8 hr. refresher needed • HS&E Total Quality Training
• UST Designated Operator License- renewal needed • Aerospace Equipment Acceptance Testing
• Statistical Process Control training • Certified Electronic Technician
• Waste Management Training • FCC Radio Station Operator License
• Enhanced Vapor Recovery • FCC Radar Endorsement
• CPR, First Aid and BBP Certification- renewal needed • Teledyne Instrumentation Certification
• SCAQMD Rule 461 (Gasoline Transfer and Dispensing) • Defensive Driving Training