Ladson, SC **456
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUPERVISOR, LEAD TECHNICIAN
Supervisor, Technical Operations, Senior Desktop Technician
Energetic team leader with extensive expertise in computer operations, management, organizational development, program management with IT and non-IT corporations. Subject matter
expert proficient in BlackBerry, smartphone etc. configuration. Participates actively in team building, assisting staff management with problem resolution, especially with C-level executives. Customer- focused and active with conflict resolution and enhancing productivity of diverse groups of employees.
LITTON LOAN SERVICING, Houston, Texas June 2008 – December 2011
Leading national mortgage servicer.
Help Desk Supervisor
• Primarily responsible for day-to-day operation of Help Desk operations.
• Supervised team of 13 Help Desk / desktop technicians.
• Conducted monthly one-on-one sessions, team meetings and provided direction on escalations.
• Handling account management of BlackBerry devices with T-Mobile and air cards with Verizon.
• Team successfully met Key Performance Initiatives (KPIs) for 23 out of 24 months.
PINNACLE TECHNICAL RESOURCES, Dallas, Texas September 2007- May 2008
Technical business solutions provider.
Senior Desktop Technician
• Lead technical resource for complex North American BlackBerry, smartphone and PDA configuration project for BP’s Houston headquarters. Extensive database management and client follow-up ensured project finished ahead of schedule and under budget.
• Second-level hardware support for supporting IBM Help Desk in combination with GTSWeb database. Active in ensuring hardware standards and software licensing set by BP concerning Dell laptops and desktops. Virus support, telephone support and inventory management rounded out daily duties.
• Gulf of Mexico desktop and application support for rigs.
COMPUCOM, Houston, Texas August 2005 – August 2007
IT infrastructure services, Application Services, Software Services, and Hardware Services.
• Instrumental in server and desktop setup of new Wachovia Bank branches in Texas and Florida.
• Responsible for inventory deployment.
• Communicated discrepancies in inventory to project manager. Trained technicians on HP server setup, Dell XP desktop imaging, virus patch installation and POS terminal setup and maintenance.
• Post-installation follow-up provided to Operations Consultant and selected employees.
INSIGHT, Houston, Texas September 2005 – October 2005
IT solutions designer
Technical Site Lead
• Provided technical support and supervision for Chase Texas Desktop / Laptop XP Conversion Project. Supervised four technicians in remote bank branches with Dell desktop imaging project.
• Prioritized asset deployment per branch.
• Project completed ahead of schedule. Initiated follow-up with affected departments after scheduled deployment by means of survey.
BURNETT STAFFING, Houston, Texas May 2004 – May 2005
Staffing, Direct-hire, and Training Specialists
Network Migration Technician
• Worked on production team at BP jobsites migrating network operating systems to Dell Windows XP desktop and laptop customers.
• Adhered to daily migration schedule and communicated progress across departments.
• Provided written and verbal instruction to appropriate personnel concerning legacy applications. Insured smooth software and hardware changeover to insure project finishes ahead of schedule, maintaining predetermined productivity levels.
VERIZON WIRELESS, Houston, Texas January 2005 – May 2005
Wireless Data Coordinator
• Second-level technical support for WAP, DHML, and other Web and data-related wireless phone issues.
• Heavily involved in configuration and training.
• Helped to manage call queue to insure timely and accurate technical customer service.
• Instrumental in maintaining appropriate level of communication with management to insure service levels are being met consistently.
CDI Engineering, Houston, Texas May 2004 – November 2004
Network Migration Technician
• Heavily involved network migration project throughout the United States with major oil company.
• After initial contact made with customer, responsible for providing one-on-one network, Dell desktop, and software support.
• Follow-up consisted of one-on-one training sessions to ensure smooth handover and enhanced productivity across disciplines.
G.D.P.C. Technical Services, Houston, Texas March 2002 – May 2004
Contract Systems Analyst
• While operating a sole proprietorship, actively used local and wide-area network skills with Houston-based Xerox sales agent in the areas of multi-function business machines, in addition to network scanning and data storage functions.
XEROX Corporation, Houston, Texas 2000-2002 June 2000 – March 2002
• Performed various network integration projects with Information Technology departments in the Public Sector in southeast Texas in order to enhance productivity with digital printing and network scanning solutions.
• Created and maintained a busy technical schedule that included active communication with c-level executives.
• Actively participated in pre- and post-sales cycle to insure smooth network transition with IBM software and IBM hardware, UNIX and Linux, NT Server, and Novell NetWare.
• Trained network personnel in the use of bridges and routers in school districts and various forms of government.
TEKsystems, Houston, Texas March 1998 – March 2000
• Consulted with various Information Technology departments to perform conversion from Token Ring to Ethernet topology; installed and maintained network servers, insuring adequate security.
• Maintained security for remote dial-in accounts on NT servers.
• Insured client community became proficient with Lotus Notes through Help Desk training.
• Maintained current version on server and insured backup and recovery of data on a timely and as-needed basis.
• Provided second-level software support for Microsoft Office and Outlook for remote Help Desk connectivity and other network-related issues. *
• Used HP-UX 10.20 to integrate transportation management software into NT 4.0 networked environment.
• Created documentation that included use of UNIX, NT Workstation 4.0 and terminal emulation software.
• Classroom training and meetings held on a request basis.
BMC SOFTWARE, Houston, Texas March 1995 – March 1998
Systems Administrator II
• Served as Windows NT 4.0 Administrator, migrating corporate office from Novell 4.1 to NT 4.0 servers.
• Used basic UNIX administration skills to assist in backup and recovery of servers.
• Computer operations experience included DNS and TCP/IP implementation on NT servers and mainframe host. Utilized Legato backup system to archive Novell server data. Used HP-UX 10.20 terminal to insure servers and PCs were properly backed up to IBM mainframe.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Associate In Applied Sciences, Business Technology April 1989
National Education Center, Bryman Campus South, Houston, Texas
Microsoft Windows MCP, NT Server
TEKsystems Training Center, Houston, Texas
• ITIL v3 Foundations – November 2010
• Novell NetWare curriculum
• Internetworking Bridges and Routers
• Windows 7 (in-house)
Theocratic Ministry School (Watchtower Bible and Tract Society) 1969 - present
Weekly, continuous training classes designed to train Jehovah’s Witnesses to be effective preachers and teachers in their world-wide ministry
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
Network / Desktop Migration
BlackBerry / Smartphone / PDA support
Exchange / Outlook Support (end-user)
Help Desk / Call Center
Regional Building Committee – South Carolina #2 May 2012 - Present
General Labor – Building Construction
Participating in construction work with building of new Assembly Hall in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Future volunteer projects will include Assembly Hall Technology department purchasing and managing of technology-based assets and volunteering with the Patient Visitation group of the Hospital Liaison committee, visiting hospitals and visiting with fellow believers who are infirm and facing serious medical issues.
Regional Building Committee – Texas #8 August 2009 – December 2011
Technology Lead – Design and Engineering Department
Insured team of volunteers were active in helping Kingdom Hall construction volunteers to access their engineering drawings remotely. Held classes on VPN usage for volunteers and first-time PC users, maintained accounts on server.