Juan Carlos Ricatti
Weston, FL *****
General Sales Management & Business Development
Senior sales and management executive with 25 years experience delivering and sustaining revenue and profit gains. Bringing extensive experience and knowledge of International distribution channels by blending culture with deliverables. Adept at negotiations with decision makers on many levels. Consultative sales style, demonstrated ability to build revenues in new territories and expand opportunities with current customers, strong analytical problem-solving skills and exceptional leadership abilities . Clear focus on customer service, relationships, and creative strategies for solving challenges and executing on opportunities. Willing to travel.
Strong Relationship Building
Strategic & Tactical Planning
Long-term customer relationships
Profit & Loss Management
Extensive business travel within U.S, Canada, Mexico, E.U. and Latin American markets, including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica and Paraguay.
Fluent in English and Spanish. Conversant in Italian.
“Juan is one of the most positive, self-motivated, energetic, and talented people that I know. His passion and consistency in delivering what he says he will have made for a productive business relationship of many years. I highly recommend him.”
– Scott Scherr, founder, president and CEO, Ultimate Software Group.
Business Development Manager - Americas 2007-Present
LOESCHE AMERICA Inc., Pembroke Pines, FL
Responsible for new equipment sales and market development activities for the American subsidiary of this 105 years old German manufacturer of grinding mills for the cement, coal and aggregates industry.
• Secured a new equipment order of $8.6 million, with a new emerging Latin American firm, within first six months of tenure.
• Full marketing plan development and evangelization of uncharted Latin American markets for an innovative new-equipment-concept on the production of solid fuels.
• Currently on final stage process to secure another multi-million-equipment order with two Central American outfits.
GM/ Director of Sales 1998-2007
CONVENIENT ADDRESSING SYSTEMS, Sunrise, FL
Directed all sales and marketing activities for the largest postal equipment and software distributor in South Florida. Managed strategic sales development and planning, competitive analysis, market positioning, new business, product introduction and development, distribution quotas, building and maintaining client relationships, departmental management, administration and proactive leadership.
• Drove 59% sales increase in 2006 over 2005 through promotional campaigns, expansion of product line, and clarifying value proposition.
• Earned Prestigious “Dealer of the Year” Award from dealer magazine five consecutive years.
• Acquired high-profile Sun Sentinel/Chicago Tribune news account in 1999 and managed implementation. Through consultations, installed turnkey direct marketing system that helped them to acquire new subscribers, increasing its revenues five-fold over a 5-year period.
• Won Argentina’s National Post Office account; instrumental in the re-design and mechanization of a formerly manual process for managing bar coding changes on mass mail distribution; designed new machine for automation; resulted in reduction in headcount from 80 to 5.
• Developed business proposition and competitive positioning, based on value rather than price. Increased product margins by 9% in both 2005 and 2006.
• Successful in reversing declining sales trends that we experienced, like most B2B marketers in the 3 years following 9/11.
• Personal sales exceeded $3.2 million, when have historically reached $2 million annually.
President / GM 1982-1997
NOVAPET, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Grew a manufacturing/import-export distributorship from 5 to 210 employees. Oversaw the manufacturing of premium pet products at plant locations in Argentina, Costa Rica and Paraguay. Developed the business vision and objectives for the 210-person organization. Through a partnership and operations management team, directed the operations of multiple locations overseas. Handled all branding and marketing aspects of business.
Responsible for overseeing a national network of independent manufacturer representatives - Training, promotional programs and support for the rep organization sales force.
• Acquired a portfolio of nationally recognized accounts, including Hartz Mountain, Nabisco, Nestle, ConAgra, Pet Supermarket, Eckerd Drugs, Albertson Supermarkets, and Costco.
• Designed and developed entire line of premium pet products, including packaging design, catalogs and brochures. Filed 20+ product design patents.
• Showcased products at European tradeshows, successfully establishing new accounts in Canada, Germany and France.
• Directed sales and manufacturing operations nationally and internationally.
• Owned a 7% market share of industry in a 57 million-dog market population.
• Negotiated long-term contracts with distributors and mass retailers in the United States.
• Established quality assurance guidelines and processes at international plant locations.
• Took company public in 1993 – merged successfully with ITC, Inc.
Instituto Universitario Aeronáutico - Buenos Aires, Argentina
B.S. Product Design Engineering
Leonardo Da Vinci Design School - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Marketing and Advertising
Harvard University, - Boston, MA
Program on Negotiations for Senior Executives, July 2001
Fluent in English and Spanish. Conversant in Italian.
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SalesLogix. Internet Savvy.