San Diego, CA 92109
• Dedicated customer service manager with 3+ years of experience in a hospitality setting. Consistently achieve high customer satisfaction rankings, improvements to the bottom line.
• Respected builder and leader of customer-focused teams; instill a shared, enthusiastic commitment to customer service as a key driver of company goal attainment. Lead by example and ensure the execution of all quality, safety, security and operational policies.
Areas of Expertise & Training
Success in completing Facilities Operation and Management course, Event Management course, Entertainment Management course, Ceremony & Protocol course
Customer Satisfaction Enhancement
Personable with High Profile Clients
Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel
Power Point & Visio Completed numerous courses in customer service with Restaurant Associates, Platinum Service
FROST & SULLIVAN Rockville Centre, NY 2011 to Present
Event Coordinator, 04/11 to Present
Assist in the coordination of ten 200 – 400 person conferences in the United States and Europe. Manage all aspects of the events from initial briefing to reconciliation while meeting strict deadlines and excelling in time management. Planning of all logistics, allocate rooms and setups needs, coordinate Audio Visual, manage hotel block, organize and lead onsite team.
• Maintain a calm and flexible approach to handling all situations
• Create assignments, timelines and plan of actions while incorporating the needs and objectives from departments
• Coordinate, develop and manage marketing for each event including and never limited to: brochures, signage and flyers
• Maintain client relationships and act as their liaison to ensure all sponsorships items are monitored, achieved and delivered
• Research and negotiate with all outside vendors as well as oversee all event supplies and inventory
RESTAURANT ASSOCIATES, COMPASS GROUP Manhattan, NY 2010 to 2011
Executive Events Coordinator, 2010 to 04/11
Events Reservationist, 06/10-11/10
Promoted to Executive Events Coordinator position in 2010 with Compass Group at Bank of America. Responsibilities include producing catering production sheets for the chef, tracking of catering sales, client relations with high priority clients in the bank, booking and carrying out of events/conferences. Staffing, ordering of rentals, liquor and food cocktail receptions, and dinner events. Use of EMS, Hospitality Suite Manager and Hospitality Suite Mailer. Foster an environment in which guests enjoy high levels of service and employees are motivated to deliver top performance.
• Delivers a high level of concierge services to guests
• Manage guest arrivals, coordinate large groups and accompany to conference rooms as appropriate
• Work with Corporate Planners to coordinate guest visits and anticipate special needs by maintaining consistent lines of communication between clients and Time Warner Conference Center team
• Ensure that all conference rooms are properly maintained and prepared for each meeting
• Maintained and carried out all catering orders and group events on the Executive Dining Floor at the Bank of America Tower. Supervised and managed in set up and breakdown of parties.
POLKA DOT EVENTS Manhattan, NY 2008 to 2010
Event Planning Assistant, 2008 to 2010
Assistant to owner, Tracey Goldstein. Strategized on client walk-thrus and oversaw until event completion. Assisted in initial concept development all the way to full- service planning & design.
• Assisted Coordinating numerous weddings ranging from 100- 300 guests located in the New York area
• Developed personal inventory of wedding equipment including décor, transportation and entertainment
• Effectively communicated with and directed numerous guests and vendors at formal functions
• Effectively multitasked by coordinating many vendors and organizing guest activities simultaneously
Johnson & Wales University
Providence, Rhode Island – Bachelor of Sports Entertainment/ Event Management
Concentrations: Entertainment Industry and Psychology
Bachelors Degree with a 3.48 GPA 2006 – 2010
Dean’s List 3.48