**** ************ ***. *********@*****.***
Lakeland, Fl 33810 787-***-****
Obtain a position in health care related areas, where my knowledge and interpersonal skills can provide incentive to your company.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience as Ophthalmic Technician.
• Superb knowledge of ophthalmic medical terminology, anatomy and physiology of the visual system. Knowledge of refractive errors, diseases affecting the eye.
• Ability to develop and implement effective patient scheduling/appointment system and coordinate the flow or necessary documents and referral services.
• Sound knowledge of ophthalmic equipment and sterilization techniques.
• Trained in Botox, Restylane, Fine Lines and Perlane.
• Basic knowledge in facial, reflexology and body massage.
• Talented educator with established ability to teach, inspire and direct students while keeping high interest and success.
• Certified Teacher in School of Tomorrow program.
• Computer knowledge (Power Point, Microsoft office, Excel, Internet Explorer browser, Mozilla, Window XP/ Vista/7, Medicmax, Dr. Notes
• Excellent ability to work under pressure of busy workload.
• Sound interpersonal skills to establish and maintain comfortable and cooperative working relationships with physicians, patients and co-workers.
• Solid skills in working independently with minimal direction.
• Positive attitude and highly energetic personality.
• Self Starter and fast learned.
• Spanish language
Sciences Teacher, Family Christian Academy, Ponce, PR., August 2005- May 2008.
Instructor in the L.E.C.A.S. system. Professor of eight and twelfth grade science classes. In charge of the graduating class and the Scientific Fair.
Ophthalmic Technician, Ophthalmological Group, Bayamón, P.R. August 2004- July 2005. Dra. Magda de Pool
Assist patients, Preliminary Test; Measure and record vision; Administer eye medication; Visual Fields; Autorefractor; Orbscan II (vrs 3.12); GDX vcc (vrs 5.4.1), Biometer; IOL Master; OCT; Provided assistance to patients on the correct use of contact lens; Assisted doctors in the operating room. Maintain optical and surgical instruments
Ophthalmic Technician, Auxilio Eye Care, Torre Medica Auxilio Mutuo Hato Rey, P.R. June 2003 – July 2004. Dr. José Raul Montes, Oculoplastic Ophthalmology; Dra. Giselle Martin, Glaucoma specialist; Dra. Magda E De Pool, Pediatric Ophthalmology. Preliminary Test; Measure and record vision; Administer eye medication; Visual Field; Autorefractor; Topography, Pachymetry, A-scan, B-scan, Tonometry, Lensometry; Trained to: Botox, Restylane, Fine lines, Perlane, Irrigation, cutting stitches; Provide assistance to patients on the correct use of contact lens; Processed surgical authorization from the medical insurance companies; Purchased office and clinical materials. Experience working with three doctors at the same time.
Medical Center, Rio Piedras, P.R. May 2003.
Experienced with children and adult patients; preformed preliminary test; equipment management; assisted to medical residents.
Veterans Hospital, San Juan, P.R. March 2003.
Experience in ophthalmology clinic; perform preliminary test; equipment management; assisted to medical residents.
Auxilio Mutuo Medical Tower Hato Rey, P.R. Dr. William Townsend.
Perform preliminary test; angiographies and retinal photos.
Metropolitan Hospital, Guaynabo, P.R. Dr. Gustavo Hernández.
Experience with patients with Glaucoma and perform preliminary test.
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, Guayama Campus, 2011. Suma Cum Laude.
Certificate in Techniques in Reflexology and hot stone massages. Emma’s Beauty Academy, Juana Díaz, 2005.
Associate Degree in Ophthalmic Technology, University of Puerto Rico, Medical Sciences, Rio Piedras, 2003. Magna Cum Laude. President of the Ophthalmic Technological Program.
Available upon request