San Diego, California 92177 Email: ******@*******.***
I am seeking a position with a reputable company, in pharmaceutical, medical or ad sales. My goal is to be an asset and apply the skills of sales, account management, event management, territory management and promotional marketing, as appropriate.
Promotional Specialist (Marketing Events Consultant), Nov 2002 – present
BDS Marketing (and other Event Management/Promotional Marketing companies) – San Diego, California
• Work as a Market Development Manager, Event Coordinator, Field Manager, Event Manager, Market Representative, Experience Representative, Tour Manager, Brand Ambassador and more; manage Marketing Events by promoting awareness and implementing marketing strategies to create/maintain relationships, provide marketing tools, support/drive sales, train staff and run events.
• Work as a Merchandiser and Mystery Shopper; merchandise products by understanding plan-o-grams and resets, able to work independently and handle a variety of products/locations, work movie/new release promotions and ‘shop’ for companies where consumer input is requested/activities are reported.
• Work as a Promotions Expert/ Product Specialist; Follow instructions to work as part of a team or independently, based upon client/staffing needs and marketing objectives, where reliability, adaptability, pleasant attitude and appearance are key. Duties include: canvassing, gorilla marketing, demonstrating (food/beverage, toys, technology etc), promoting credit card application sign-ups, encouraging contests/other registrations, sampling, data collection, etc; the goal is to get attention and promote for events, increase sales and amp-up awareness. Job titles include: Product Spokesperson/Model, Product Specialist, Event Staff, Talent, Sampler, InStore/Product Demonstrator, Nightlife/Bar Promoter, and more.
• Client/event/on-site location list includes but is not limited to: Motorola, Sony/Intel, Westfield Shopping Malls, Nokia, LegoLand, Aol/Burger King, Pantene, MiraMar Air Show, Red Baron Pizza, Emergen-C, Daytona Bike Week, Discovery Channel, Cingular, Wrigley’s, Mattel, Hasbro, Mercedes, McDonalds/Powerade, Unilever, Garnier Fructice, Carhartt, JVC, NVidea, DVD Play, Buick Invitational, Staples, Cialis, Svedka Vodka, Jose Cuervo Tequila, AVP Tournament, Petco Park, MBNA, Coors Field, Air Force, AGD Convention, Lierac, Vichy, CVS/Pharmacy, Buick, Fiesta Del Sol, Nespresso, US Open Golf, American Express, Nexxus, Costcos and more.
Advertising Representative/Consultant, Oct 2001- Nov 2002
National Directory Company – San Diego, California
• Prospected on potential yellow pages advertisers in designated territory; met both revenue goals and objectives.
• Implemented ‘consultative selling’ strategy, to successfully obtain/maintain clientele; effectively managed time/organization to build a client base of yellow pages advertisers.
Account Executive/Consultant, 1998-Oct 2001
VoiceStream Wireless/CGC, Inc. – Englewood, Colorado/Chula Vista, California
• Developed relationships within companies (200+ employees) and became their contact for new product(s)/information; implemented special corporate benefits programs.
• Realized over 80 per cent of quotas, in an incredibly competitive market with 5 nationally recognized competitors; proactively sought/created new business.
Education and Professional Development
Bachelor of Science in Marketing, University of Colorado at Boulder
• University of Colorado Alumni Association Member
• Chamber of Commerce Memberships
• Attended and presented numerous sales and marketing trainings
Skills and Significant Accomplishments
• High School Valedictorian
• University of Colorado Resident Adviser (liaison between students and C.U.)
• Speak Spanish (Hablo Espanol)
References Provided upon request