BOBBIE J. LAWRENCE
**** ****** ****** *****; Houston, TX. 77088
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive experience as a Certified Teacher Assistant in an early childhood classroom in the public sector.
• Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with children and adults.
• Developed and maintained professional working relationships with co-workers, students, parents, office and custodial staff.
• Performed honest, productive, reliable, and punctual employment.
• Assisted children with special needs in inclusion classes.
• Worked with students to develop positive classroom behavior.
• Demonstrated dependability, flexibility, and responsibility.
• Utilized singing as an effective tool in teaching.
• Focused on teaching students principles to help in academic achievement.
• Demonstrated patience and understanding while managing difficult children.
• Employed five years in the secretarial/clerical field.
• Honored as Teacher of the Year at The Tiger Trail School, for outstanding performance.
• Successfully coordinated fundraising for The United Way Campaign on campus for several years and raised over $2,000, toward helping children, families and seniors.
• Distributed food to Food Pantry recipients.
• Elected as Vice President of PTA.
• Organized Parent Volunteer Program. Coordinated reception for parent volunteers.
• Served as Board Member of Home Owner’s Association.
The Tiger Trail School, Spring Branch ISD, Houston, TX 1992-2011
• Assisted with teaching and actively engaging students in learning music, art, and computer classes.
• Instructed students daily during health fitness exercises.
• Involved students in interactive, hands-on and fun activities, during class.
• Trained students how to develop positive classroom behavior through transition activities.
• Redirected students with emotional or behavioral problems using visuals and
• Taught students in large and small groups during literacy and math.
• Supervised students during breakfast, lunch, and recess; also on field trips.
• Managed behavior of students on the bus in the morning and in the afternoon.
• Welcomed and received students upon arrival at school.
• Demonstrated to students with disabilities how to use special equipment.
Houston Community College, Houston, TX.
Accelerated Certified Program (ACP), EC-4
Bishop College, Dallas, TX.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Office Administration