Joseph E. Rottman, P.E.
**** **** ******** **** ****, Littleton, CO 80125
Engineering Manager with experience in leading engineering departments in complex problem solving. Proficient at project management with excellent inter-employee communication and team building ability. Adept at project and employee supervision and mentoring. Excels at client relations and building markets. Skilled at making presentations on technical subjects to large audiences.
• Structural and Civil Design ∙ Budgets & Schedules
• Plans and Specifications ∙ Concrete, Steel, Masonry & Timber
• Conflict Resolution ∙ Construction Management
• Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado
• Registered Civil Engineer in the State of Arizona
Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Centennial, CO 2003-2009
Engineering Manager. Administered the American Concrete Institute’s (ACI) certification program for the state of Colorado. Responsible for new product promotion.
• Technical contact and resource for state, city and county government
• Served as the industry liaison to the Colorado Department of Transportation
• Developed the marketing plan for the association
• National liaison for six ACI committees
• Wrote and administered over 100 continuing education programs for architects
• The certification and promotion events grew by 90% under my leadership
Public Works, Design & Construction Management, Denver, CO 2001-2003
Senior Engineer, Project Manager. Supervised capital construction projects for the City of Denver. Construction and design management duties include: hiring design professionals, review of project plans and specifications.
• Awarded construction contracts and managed project budgets
• Construction inspection and quality control
• Developed the five-year and annual construction budgets
• Administration of change orders and pay applications
Typical projects included; police and fire stations, auditoriums, post-tensioned facilities and the remodel of the county prison.
Center for Astrophysical Research in Antarctica, Williams Bay, WI 1991-2000
Engineering Director; Supervised engineers, scientists and technicians working on the construction of a state-of-the-art observatory at the South Pole. Typical projects included; new science laboratory buildings, dormitory buildings and telescope tower structures.
• Assigned projects to staff for the preparation of project plans
• Bid and awarded construction contracts, project administration on-site
• Responsible for budget, schedule, design and construction
• Coordinated all logistics of personnel and materials
Antarctic Supports Associates, Englewood, CO 1990-1991
Supervisor, Engineering Services; Directed planning, design, scheduling, construction and budgets for all projects at the three United States Bases in Antarctica. Hired and oversaw a complete multi-disciplined engineering and support staff of twenty two people.
Typical projects included; new dormitory buildings, roads, fuel storage facilities, water and wastewater distribution systems, science laboratory buildings, communication facilities, the decommissioning of the nuclear power station.
• Hired professional engineers and technical staff
• Planed and budgeted on all projects (annual scope over $30M)
• Started the planning for the South Pole Observatory
• Coordination all logistics of personnel and materials in Antarctic
Chatfield South Water District, Littleton, CO 1996-Present
President, Board of Directors: This is an elected position that directs all operations of this newly formed water district. The District was formed to supply reliable, potable water to a group of 150 rural homes that were experiencing difficulty with their water wells. Under my direction, the district planned a water system, worked out a contract with Denver Water and completed the project on time and under budget.
• Determined domestic and commercial water requirements and purchased water rights
• Contracted the construction of the pipelines
• Negotiated an easement with both the U.S. Corp of Engineers & the State of Colorado
• Obtained government grants and construction loans
• Coordinated the district boundaries with Douglas County
Walker Parking Consultants, Englewood, CO 1985-1989
Project Manager: In charge of design and construction of multi-million dollar parking structures.
• Structural & Civil designed ∙ Seismic & finite element analysis
• Drawings & specifications ∙ Post-tension and precast concrete
• Construction administration ∙ Project budgets & schedules
B.S. in Civil Engineering from Colorado State University with a concentration in structures and physics. Also completed graduate work in business and Engineering at the University of Colorado, Denver.
• American Society of Civil Engineers
• American Concrete Institute
• Structural Engineers Association of Colorado