Frisco, TX 75034 http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikehinkler email@example.com
Sales Hunter / Sales Management / Business Development / Account Executive
IP Networking / Software / Internet / Optical Transport / Broadband / Video / DPI
Telco Tier-1/2/3 / CATV & MSOs / Enterprise / Higher Education / ISPs
Summary: • Highly successful in 4 innovation startup companies, building and exceeding corporate revenue goals, strengthening company financials to: obtain additional funding (Overture), improve acquisition value (Cerent/Cisco), stabilizing them for long-term growth (Procera).
• Key Sales Director instrumental in building the NASDAQ IPO offering (AVNX). Increased startup's sales from $8 million to $70 million in 1 year, which was
• Self-Motivated with Technology expertise including Software as a Solution, IP networking, carrier Ethernet, triple-play networking, DWDM, and optical transport.
• Outperforming sales leader - from zero sales to #1; by capturing 2 national accounts that remain the company's largest customers (Overture Networks).
• Business acumen and training from leading businesses like Cisco, Lucent, and NEC to manage the complex negotiation processes & win multi-million dollar deals.
• Delivered first PO of $200K of $M’s in the western US region, by identifying new potential customers and accelerating the approval processes.
• Added 2 NEW large strategic accounts in 1 quarter, while generating an additional $4 million in business with a flagship account (Cerent/Cisco).
• Extensive professional network and rolodex of executive contacts with a deep understanding of market transitions and customer expectations.
5/2009 - VP of Sales & Business Development
Present Jiuzhou JENA Corp. [JV between Jiuzhou Electric Corporation and AuBay Services Corp.]
Dallas/Fort Worth Area Information Technology and Services
Successful Business Development & Sales of Set Top Boxes, Video Equipment, and Consumer Electronics in North America for Over The Top (OTT) & IPTV service providers.
1/2008 - Director of Sales & Business Development
4/2009 Procera Networks Inc. Startup Company; 51-200 employees; PKT; Computer Networking
Sold & promoted advanced Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) Software and Hardware Solutions, developed more than 20 new customers.
Customers included enterprise clients, college & universities (as an example, Harvard), Telco’s, a Tier-1 MSO and other managed channel sales.
2006 – 2007 Regional Account Manager
Orchestrated new sales opportunities of $120 million, learned to develop ecosystem partners.
Michael R. Hinkler – 2
2005 – 2006 Regional Sales Manager / Account Executive
ECI Telecom Inc. (Optical & Broadband Access)
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Telecommunications industry
Business developed new Western US region, gaining 4 new key accounts; changing internal processes & procedures to quicken new product introduction and new account wins.
2003 – 2005 Regional Sales Manager
Startup; Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Telecommunications & IT industries
Secured top 2 clients (MCI/Verizon and WilTel/Level 3 Comm.) for significant financial stabilization of company needed for continued startup funding and overall growth.
1999 – 2002 Senior Sales Director, North America
Avanex Corp. IPO [NASDAQ: AVNX]
Start up ; Public Company; 501-1000 employees; Telecommunications industry
Built new multimillion-dollar revenue streams with service providers & manufacturers to enable a successful IPO . [AVNX]
Increased this startup's sales from $8 million to $70 million in 1 year.
As top Regional Sales Director, was promoted to manage all of North America sales team.
1998 – 1999 Strategic Account Manager, South Central US
Cisco Systems / Cerent (purchased by Cisco)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CSCO; Computer Networking industry
Achieved 145% of quota; added an additional $2 million in new business in one quarter.
Developed 6 new tier 2/3 customers for multiservice transport gear.
Maintained a loyal multimillion-dollar MSO customer base (Charter Communications) during a period of huge market transition.
1997 – 1998 Regional Account Manager, South Central US
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ALU; Telecommunications industry
Captured $2 million in a new sales pipeline during one quarter, exceeding quota.
1996 – 1997 Account Manager, South Central US
Pirelli Cables and Systems
Delivered $140 million in sales during a technology transition to a DWDM architecture.
Awarded the company's Presidential Award for best sales in Optical Transport Division.
1991 – 1995 Sales & Marketing Executive
Key member of Verizon/MCI team, delivered record-breaking $200 million (2 years sales).
Introduced new technologies and new purchases to strategic customers – broadband carrier access, point to multi-point wireless, and optical transport solutions.
Set pricing packages to increase revenue by 15% and overall net margins by 25% on DCS’s.
Education: BBA degree in Business Management, LeTourneau University, Longview, TX
Associate’s Communications & Technology, CCAF // FCC General License, Master Instructor