Los Lunas, New Mexico 87031
Plant management and production management experience in high energetic explosives manufacturing and assembly. My expertise is in all areas of manufacturing including assembly lines, multiple area manufacturing, research and development, new processes development, facility ramp up and production control management.
I strive to be an energetic team Leader with a passion for total company success through continuous improvement, lean initiatives and employee empowerment.
Lean Manufacturing Facility /Maintenance Manager
Cost Reduction analysis New Product Introduction / R&D
Planning/Organizing Materials / Lean Manufacturing / Kan Ban
Manufacturing Management Multiple teams / Multiple manufacturing areas
AEROJET, Socorro, NM 2005 – Current
A world-recognized aerospace and defense leader principally serving the missile and space propulsion and defense and armaments markets since 1942.
Objectives: Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
Managed multiple teams with a staff of up to 60 team members in high energetic explosive manufacturing.
20+ years experience in manufacturing and management.
Program management responsibilities for the automotive airbag / Car manufacturer programs.
Program management responsibilities for high energetic assemblies of warhead and weapon systems.
Warhead sections are manufactured for Government / military contracts.
Experienced in team building, interviewing for success and leading the team through six sigma practices and using the Toyota production system methods.
Management responsibility for multiple projects manufacturing class 1.1 and 1.3 explosives / propellants.
Management responsibilities in building a solid propellant manufacturing facility and locating and installing manufacturing equipment.
Implemented support facilities and established mid / max inventory warehousing.
Developed lean manufacturing processes and part delivery systems including line side delivery, Kan Ban and Part accountability.
Managed shipment schedules for on time delivery to the customer.
Implemented one piece flow on the production line, achieving a 30% profit increase by reducing the time consumed making the parts.
Metrics created and used daily to establish and track build rates, scrap rates, labor efficiency, hours per unit, barriers and cost per unit.
• Increased production throughput by 25% in less than 6 months by implementing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma practices. This resulted in increased profits (profits in excess of $350Kper quarter in 2011 / 2012.
• Developed training named “Best in Class” by Ford Motor Company.
• Maintain daily / weekly / monthly metrics and team performance charts.
• Leadership skills include, Lean manufacturing practices, Kaizen / Toyota production system methods, six sigma methods, root cause analysis, accountability, production goal oriented, strategic planning, task oriented and strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• 20+ years experience in plant assembly line operations including production, process flow analysis, level loading the assembly line, part delivery, KanBan, station validation (daily), preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, receiving inspection, JIT inventory, cycle count, and line balance inventory.
• Experience in dry chemical propellant manufacturing including chemical mixing, slugging, granulating, tableting, and mixing in both dry and wet machinery. Also in tooling care and punch / die evaluation, cast pour experience with high energetic explosives, high compression molding.
• Specific focus on cost reduction and implementation of lean manufacturing principals and techniques to optimize profit and reduction of reject parts in processing.
• Priorities set to meet high Safety and Quality standards.
• Specialize in continuous flow, one piece flow manufacturing and establishing 5S and standard work criteria in the manufacturing areas.
• Expectations of the shop floor are audit ready at all times
• Experience as the hiring Manager, Trained in effective interviews to acquiring a skilled work force.
• Led training and successful practices for implementation of ISO9000-2000 requirements.
• Created and submitted proposals for new opportunities.
GENIE INDUSTRIES, Moses Lake, WA 2002 – 2005
A world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of aerial work platforms. Employs 2500 people and generates sales exceeding $800 million annually.
Supervisor/Warehouse / Parts Delivery
Supervised a staff of 28 Team members including water striders, forklift drivers, recieving inspection.
Trained employees in lean manufacturing techniques and principals.
Developed and managed a delivery system to all assembly line areas. Parts delivered “Just in time” to produce quality Aerial Work Platforms.
Reduced waste and increased quality on the production lines by using Mini Rapid Improvement Process (RIP) Workshops.
Managed the receiving / inspection area for an incoming part load of over 10,000 parts per month. Achieved 6 total inventory turns per year.
Implemented and managed a Preventitive Maintenance (PM) program for 96% up time on machinery. This reduced the cost of repair by 24% in the first six months for a budget savings of $45K
My goal is zero (0) lost time accidents; Safety is priority 1!
Materials department budget was met each year within 2% of target.
General Dynamics Ordinance and Tactical Systems Moses Lake, WA.
Propellant Operations Supervisor 6/93 to 8/02
A world-recognized defense leader principally serving the munitions and space propulsion markets.
Managed propellant processing systems including chemical mixing, fabricating tablets and granules for the automotive airbag systems.
Managed multiple shifts that included day shifts, swing shifts as well as grave yard shifts. Managed approximately 60 team members.
Facilitated continuous improvement teams while implementing lean manufacturing principals.