Currently, I am seeking an association with a company that can benefit from my expertise as an assistant with excellent organizational and communication skills, an outstanding work ethic, and the ability to work equally well in both team-oriented and self-directed environments.
Bachelors of Arts Degree Hamline University-MN-2004
Associates in Science Degree Inver Hills Community College-MN-2002
Computer: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access, Word Perfect, Lotus Notes, Time Matters, Westlaw, Pro-Law, Lexis-Nexis, Adobe Photo Shop, and Internet Research.
Type: 65 wpm Alpha-Numeric: 14,000 kph
SECURITY OFFICER (Indio)
General Security Service, Inc. – Riverside, CA 02/2007 - 04/2008
• Conducted store surveillance against theft and property damage.
• Requested customers parked in emergency zones to move their vehicle.
• Patrolled perimeters of parking lot for suspicious activity.
• Filled out Daily Activity Reports completely and accurately.
In Home Daycare Provider - Indio, CA 09/2005 - 08/2007
• Scheduled children activities; reading, writing, and drawing.
• Prepared lunches and snacks.
• Created programs to assist parents in child development.
Lynch, Crowell & Associates, - Palm Springs, CA 03/2005 - 08/2005
• E-filed documents to Superior Court of California, County of Riverside.
• Prepared briefs for litigation: real estate, family law, business law, worker's compensation, personal injury and probate.
• Maintained attorney calendars.
• Scheduled depositions.
• Scanned all incoming documents and input client information into database.
• Arranged hotel accommodations.
• Filed, organized, and indexed discoveries, pleadings and correspondence.
• Coordinated initial appointments with prospective clients.
Ajilon Employment Agency - St. Paul, MN 12/2002 - 08/2004
• Answered, screened questions or directed telephone calls to office personnel.
• Reviewed legal documents and forms for conformance to specific requirements set forth in applicable legal codes.
• Provided written summaries of research papers, documents, and case law.
• Conducted legal research.
• Assisted in trial preparations.
• Typed, distributed interoffice memos and client correspondence.
• Opened and distributed incoming mail.
U.S. Foodservice, Inc. – Eagan, MN 04/1989 – 09/2002
• Provided clerical support to presidents, vice presidents and senior partners.
• Screened and appropriately resolve external and internal telephone inquiries.
• Coordinated meetings, conferences, teleconferences, luncheons, and tours.
• Recorded and distributed minutes taken at executive level meetings.
• Typed, proofed documents from instructions, drafts or transcription.
• Scheduled domestic and international travel.
• Arranged hotel and rental car reservations.
• Generated Power Point presentations, graphs, charts and diagrams.
• Created company newsletter, marketing brochures and flyers.
• Compiled statistical and technical reports for distribution.
• Researched competitors and market trends and reported results.
• Provided written correspondence and accurate record keeping.
• Processed check requests and expense reports.
• Opened, sorted and distributed incoming mail.
• Prepared mail each afternoon for USPS or FedEx overnight shipments.
• Submitted requests for financial and data usage reports.
SUPERVISOR - SALES
• Supervised clerical sales staff.
• Developed orientation manuals for new sales employees.
• Forecasted quarterly sales and dollars reports.
• Designed Excel spreadsheets to track inventory.
• Typed, proofed, and distributed quarterly business reviews for sales.
• Developed mailing lists using Mail Merge.
• Maintained files on auto mileage and insurance coverage.
• Placed repair orders to fix printer, copier and fax equipment.
• Coordinated furniture, computer equipment, phone lines, and voicemail.
• Ordered office supplies as needed for the department.
Minnesota Jaycees, Inc. - Burnsville, MN 10/1988 – 03/1989
• Provides telephone coverage for all manager/department calls as required.
• Maintained ledgers for advertisements in newsletter publications.
• Recorded and processed additional insurance funds for sponsored community events.
• Compiled and transcribed meeting minutes taken at the Board of Directors
• Composed and typed letters, agendas and correspondence.
• Processed incoming and outgoing mail.
• Created mass mailings for members of the Minnesota Jaycees Foundation.
• Provided information on the fundamentals of scheduling events.
• Completed and assembled group insurance quotes for third-party administrators.