** ****** ****** ****, **** Lake, NJ 07828
Product development position in the specialty chemical industry that emphasizes a broad background in formulation and process.
• Solid knowledge of polymers and additives used for adhesives, sealants, coatings and cement-based products.
• Extensive experience in product research/development and product applications.
• Adept in evaluating and solving customer related problems.
• Results driven team player and leader possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Designed, developed, and directed product development research projects. Researched new product opportunities. Increased sales of the major product line by 100% within three years.
• Interacted with customers, vendors and consultants to guarantee timely delivery of quality services, which lead to increased sales.
• Coordinated and supervised a multidisciplinary project team to reduce raw material and process costs. Contributed approximately $1MM in cost savings per year.
• Functioned as a key person for the import and export of products and systems knowledge worldwide, which fostered broader product exposure.
• Conducted internal quality audits at plant facilities in conformance to ISO 9001 Standard.
• HPLC/GPC, GC, FTIR, Wet Analysis, Particle Size Analyzers, Rheometers, Color Computers, Instron, Weatherometers, Design of Experiments, ISO 9000, Statistical Process Control, Total Quality Management.
October 2007 – July 2012 Technical Director, DRITAC FLOORING PRODUCTS, LLC., Clifton, NJ
• Manage laboratories with 5 professional staff. Responsible for QA/QC and Technical Service.
• Developed and commercialized several new products in the following areas: Water-Based Latex Adhesives; Polyurethane and Modified Polyurethane Adhesives and Membranes; Modified Silicone Adhesives; Acrylic Water-based Coatings; Epoxy and Polyurethane Coatings, water-borne and water-based. New and improved products accounted for 20% of sales within two years.
JOSEPH STEPHANICK PAGE 2
July 2002 – July 2007 Senior Technical Marketing Chemist, ELEMENTIS SPECIALTIES, INC., Hightstown, NJ
• Provided technical support to sales and marketing through customer-directed research projects and application development.
• Product technologies included defoamers, surfactants, rheological additives, colorants, clays and organoclays utilized in adhesives, sealants and building construction products.
• Participated in customer visits, which included technical presentations, product demonstrations and field trials.
• Provided product training to the sales staff and distributors.
• Assisted in the publication of product brochures and technical papers.
May 2000 – May 2002 Consultant, MAY NATIONAL ASSOCIATES, INC., Lakewood, NJ
• Developed and improved processes and products for adhesive and sealant applications.
• Implemented quality program based on ISO Q 9001 Standard.
• Reduced cost on products and processes that contributed approximately $100 M in savings per year.
April 1993 – October 1999 Technical Director, Research and Development/Technical Services/QA CHEMREX, INC., Shakopee, MN
• Managed laboratories, 35 professional staff and a budget of $3,000,000.
• Developed and commercialized several new products in the following areas: Concrete Grouts and Mortars; Architectural Coatings, Stuccos and Water Repellents; Solvent and Water Based Adhesives; Polyurethane and Modified Polyurethane Adhesives, Coatings, Membranes and Sealants; Silicone Sealants; Epoxy and Polyurethane Adhesives, Coatings for Industrial applications. New and improved products accounted for 40% of sales within three years.
• BS, Chemistry, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ.
• BA, Biological Sciences, Kean University, Union, NJ.
• American Chemical Society
• Adhesive and Sealant Council, Inc.