AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / AIRFRAME AND POWERPLANT MECHANIC
My name is John Taylor. I am looking to gain aviation mechanical/technical employment. I recently graduated North Valley Occupational Center for Aviation, (Van Nuys, California), where I achieved above average grades and maintained an excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Comfortable working alone and as part of a team.
• Works well under pressure and can remain focused.
• Superior accuracy in charting and other documentation.
• High level of integrity.
• Knowledge of basic computer applications such as
• Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet, and the Internet.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• FAA Mechanics License with Airframe and Powerplant ratings – 10/2011.
• Airframe and Powerplant Certificate, North Valley Occupational Center for Aviation, 05/2011.
• Technical Mathematics for the electrical trade – certificate – University of Tennessee, Knoxville, US. 03/2008 – 07/2008.
• Intermediate Construction Award – distinction. Bolton College. 06/2005 – 06/2007.
• Graduated high school 1989, Bury Church of England High School, England.
Signature Flight Support – 7240 Hayvenhurst Place, Van Nuys, CA 91406.
Line Service Technician 07.03.2012 – NOW.
• Refueling (Jet A and Avgas/100LL).
• Lavatory service.
• Marshaling arriving and departing aircraft.
• Park and tow aircraft on ramp area.
• Assist with wing walking
• Assist customers/crew with baggage, cargo.
• Provide shuttle service for customers/crew.
• Assist with general cleaning duties from ramp, building and customer areas.
• Provide ground power units for aircraft.
Dringenberg Manufacturing, 745 North Grand View Ave, Covina CA 91722.
04/2012 – 07/2012.
Volunteering – sheet metal fabrication. Cutting, bending, shaping, brazing,
oxy-acetylene torch, grinding, deburring sheet metal products.
Plasmet LTD, Manchester, England. 02/2006-06/2007
Heavy Goods Driver, Class 1
• Responsible for the safe delivery/collection of industrial roofing products from various customer sites throughout the UK.
• Checked and inspected incoming and outgoing merchandise.
• Logged pertaining information into computerized processing system.
• Worked in packaging department to pack, check and dispatch products to customers.
• Worked with management to relay information to other departments.
Bowden Distribution. Essex, UK. 06/2001-02/2006
Heavy Goods Driver, Class 1
• Responsible for the delivery and collection of general haulage throughout the United Kingdom – included days, nights and weekends.
• Responsible for the safe collection/delivery of hazardous materials driving up to, and including, 44 ton, articulated trucks over long distances.
• Held hazardous goods license (including first aid requirement).
• Held tankers license.
SOS Products, Manchester, England. 01/1996-05/2001
Service Engineer (mobile)
• Responsible for the servicing, maintenance and troubleshooting of medical gas devices (namely oxygen) and related equipment throughout the United Kingdom, aboard naval vessels and cruise liners.
• Responsible for, and managed, a 24 hour emergency call out service for Her Majesty’s Prison Service throughout England and Wales.
• Organized meetings/question and answer sessions with clients for the demonstration/instruction of medical gas and related emergency medical equipment.