Mission, TX 78572
• Extensive hands-on experience as a Field Engineer and Project Manager in a production/services environment.
• Strong Supervisory and Technical skills, from design to implementation in manufacturing and services.
• Outstanding record of success in overseeing testing installations, start-ups and projects.
• Strong pro-active problem solving, communication, negotiation, and presentational skills.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification team member and leader.
B.S. Electrical Engineering, University Of Texas - Pan American, Edinburg, TX, 2000
AAS, Computer Technology, Texas State Technical College, Harlingen, TX, 1991
C++ Programming Courses, Texas A&M International University, Laredo, TX 2002
PPAP / APQP / DFM / DOE / SPC / 8D / DFMEA / PFMEA / SPC/ 5S / Six Sigma Green Belt / ISO 9001/ TS 16949 / Lean Manufacturing (Kaizen) / Control Plan / Plastic Injection Molding / Bilingual English-Spanish / Budget Analysis and Estimation / Team Leader/ Project Management/ Logistical Support/ Strong Root Cause Analysis
Employment and Accomplishments
Ely & Associates Of Texas LLC. Houston, TX November 2011 – May 2012
Consultant: Well site management, safety, and cost control
• Gained customer trust for implementation of new stimulation designs.
• Helped bring down costs for materials and equipment.
• No recordable HSE incident on site.
• Established working relationship with all service companies on well site.
• Supervised logistics and equipment maintenance to ensure a safe and efficient job.
Halliburton Energy Services Laredo, TX April 2010- November 2011
Field Engineer: Well site management, safety, and quality supervision
• Gain trust of district manager to supervise multi-million dollar service projects.
• Led team to get better equipment maintenance and support.
• Identified personnel to lead materials and logistics management.
• Moderated issues with customer on site to get job done.
• Started implementation of 5S.
• Implemented new procedures for efficiency in the filed.
Alps Automotive/Total Electronics McAllen,TX/Reynosa, MX Feb 2009 - Dec 2009
Quality & Process Manager: Product supervision of supply base and manufacturing.
• Enforced quality policy and resolved long outstanding issues.
• Audited supply base for conformance of customer specific requirements.
• Initiated a change from reactive to proactive problem resolutions.
• Lead team for continuous improvement and measurement metrics.
• Helped supply management team to support Purchasing, Process, and Advanced Engineering team.
• Trained engineering team on new testing methodologies to better detect in house failures.
• Initiated new proactive support policy from supply base.
Lucio Nunez-Salinas page 2 of 2.
Texas Instruments Inc., Stafford, TX Dec 2003 - Jan 2009
Field Applications Engineer: Field application support and implementation
• Initiated Safe Launch Program to prevent start up issues and help root cause analysis.
• Designed and implemented JTAG based PCB for micro controller testing.
• Wrote testing workshop guide for customer training.
• Led proactive support of customers to reduce PPM levels for long outstanding issues.
• Part of the team created to reduce PPM levels from >300 to <10 within 1 & 1/2 years
• Member of team that obtained “Pinnacle Award” from Delphi Automotive for best supplier of the year.
• Helped obtain new business by establishing communications from customer engineering group and sales engineering.
• Recognized by Siemens Automotive as best supplier turn around and obtained new business from efforts to better our quality.
Delphi Automotive Systems June 2000 - Nov 2003
Product Application Engineer: Product application and program manager
• Led new product launch team.
• Member of the team recognized by General Motors for best supplier.
• Led team for cost cutting effort at production sites in Mexico and at customer
• Led team in root cause analysis in manufacturing related issues.
• Coordinated testing of new/revised products with components group.
• Managed quality documentation of product life cycle.
• Helped develop capability studies for production process.
• Assisted customer to analyze and solve quality related issues.
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Villanova University Oct 2009
MS Excel Advanced Training South Texas College Jun 2009
5S Certification Texas Instruments Oct 2008
Customer Quality Assurance Texas Instruments Apr 2007
Semi Conductor Manufacturing Texas Instruments Apr 2005
Lead Safety Certification Texas Instruments Jan 2004
EOS/ESD Certification Texas Instruments Jan 2004
OSHA Certification for Occupational Employees Jan 2004
Lean Manufacturing Techniques Delphi Automotive Systems Sep 2002
Quality Systems Delphi Automotive Systems Sep 2002
Team Building Skills Delphi Automotive Systems Sep 2001
ISO Certification Delphi Automotive Systems Aug 2001
Six Sigma Manufacturing Techniques Delphi Automotive Jun 2001
Production Management Course Delphi Automotive Jul 2000
Available upon request