Seeking a position as a Health and Wellness Coordinator can help me to improve my education and experience in wellness and health promotion, eventually improves my ability to contribute to your organization.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Accomplished post graduation program in Work place Wellness and Health Promotion in Centennial College, Toronto
• Obtained B.Sc. Nursing degree in Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, INDIA.
• One year experience in neuro intensive care department.
• Conducted seminars on chronic diseases like Hepatitis-B and Diabetes prevention in public health centers.
• Worked as a placement student in SMARTRISK, a non profitery organization intended to prevent injuries in CANADA.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Telugu.
• Ability to understand various cultural beliefs and practises.
COMMUNITY NURSING (CLINICALS) AUG---DEC08
• Increased awareness on polio disease and worked in co ordination with National Polio Organization, INDIA.
• Conducted camps on polio eradication and distributed drugs in the community.
• Conducted community family visits to collect data regarding chronic diseases like Diabetes, Hepatitis-B, Heart diseases.
• Acted as a team leader in environmental pollution conference.
STAFF NURSE AUG09---JULY10
Nizam’s institute of medical sciences, India
• Worked as a staff nurse in neurology and neurosurgery department for one year in a specialized, multidisciplinary hospital.
• Acted in collaboration with other health care team members like doctors, physiotherapists, technicians, administrators.
• Participated in mental health awareness program in the neurosciences department.
• Developed awareness on brain stroke disease by preparing postures, pamphlets.
YOUTH TEAM ASSISTANT (INTERNSHIP) JAN12---APRIL12
• Conducted research on Mental Health Awareness and services in Canadian Universities.
• Developed newsletters for SMARTRISK schools and stakeholders.
• Conducted awareness campaigns and prepared educational materials for parents so as to educate their children regarding risk management.
• Analysed and evaluated pre school survey results and prepared spread sheets.
• Solved Change related issues within the organization and helped employees to overcome the issues through counselling and team building activities.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Work Place Wellness and Health Promotion SEP 2011-MAY2012
Centennial College, Toronto, ON.
Course work included: Health and Wellness Concepts, Coaching and Communication skills, Health Promotion, Program planning, Mental Health Management, Professional Skills and Development, Research methodology, Organizational development.
NIZAMS INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AUG2005-JUNE2009
Course work included: Communication skills, Nutrition, Anatomy and Physiology, Medical and Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Gerontology, Psychiatry, Paediatrics, Obstetrics, Gynaecology.
FIRST AID &CPR: HCP Level, Red Cross, Canada.
Extra Curricular Activities: volunteering in Sai Baba Temple, Scarborough, Toronto.
Computer Skills: MS Word, MS EXCEL, PowerPoint, Internet, Video Presentation.
Languages: Fluent in English, Telugu and Hindi.
References available upon request