Pharmaceutical specialty representative with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to present complex data and scientific information in a clear, concise and professional manner. Analyzes sales and market data for assigned territories and proactively implements sales strategies to meet and exceed sales goals. Excellent trust and rapport building as well as sound business judgement. Differentiates products from competitors by delivering features and benefits and selling with conviction. Strong aptitude to learn computer hardware and software. Flexibility to quickly adapt to change. Capabilities include:
· Passionate and results driven · Relationship building
· Strong analytical capability · Consultative sales style
· Managed care understanding · Negotiation skills
KING PHARMACEUTICALS, Bristol, TN 2005 – 2007
LIGAND PHARMACEUTICALS, La Jolla, CA (Acquired by KING PHARMA 3/07)
Specialty Representative, Pain Division (KING PHARMA)
Called on Anesthesiologists, Pain Medicine, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Rheumatologists, Orthopedic Surgeons and Oncologists. Territory included Cincinnati metro and some Northern Kentucky promoting Avinza® and Skelaxin®.
· Worked in a leadership capacity with three overlapping primary care counterparts in key specialty physician offices, providing guidance in both sales approach and product knowledge.
· Fulfilled role as Avinza® lead for Cincinnati Key Opinion Leader selection and local speaker program budgeting (approximately $15,000), scheduling, implementation, and follow-through.
· Maximized all managed care opportunities with pull-through initiatives in the face of Medicaid and BWC challenges.
Pain Specialist (LIGAND PHARMA)
Called on Anesthesiologists, Pain Medicine, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Rheumatologists, Orthopedic Surgeons, Oncologists, Internists and Family Medicine Physicians. Territory included Cincinnati metro, east to West Virginia, and some Northern Kentucky promoting Avinza® and Skelaxin®.
· Consistently exceeded the nation in market share and quota accomplishment in 2005 and 2006.
· Selected by District Manager to attend and work the AAPM Convention in San Diego, CA in February of 2006 as a result of effort and positive attitude at National POA.
· Launched, through education and implementation, in the top 30 physician offices, Avinza® Chronic Pain Network, the most comprehensive pain management resource kits designed and available to physicians, their offices, and their patients.
· Demonstrated teamwork during co-promotion arrangements, first with Organon and then with King Pharmaceuticals.
ABBOTT LABORATORIES, Abbott Park, IL 2001 – 2005
Anti-Infective/Cardiovascular Representative 2003 – 2005
Called on Family Practitioners, Internists, Allergists, Pulmonologists, Infectious Disease Specialists, Pediatricians and Emergency Medicine Physicians. Covered the Cincinnati metro and Northern Kentucky market promoting Biaxin XL®, Tarka®, Omnicef Oral Suspension®, Synthroid®, Tricor®.
· Consistently exceeded the nation in market share and quota accomplishment for primary product Biaxin XL® in 2004.
· Achieved 2nd highest market share in the nation for growth-product, Omnicef Oral Suspension® in 2004.
· Presented Tarka® utilizing in-depth clinical and reprint selling, resulting in consistent market share growth.
· Worked collaboratively with partners of our newly formed POD to effectively grow share for ALL Abbott primary care products, including new responsibility for conversion from Tricor® 160 to Tricor® 145.
Anti-Infective/Gastrointestinal Representative 2001 – 2003
Called on Family Practitioners, Internists, Allergists, Pulmonologists, Infectious Disease Specialists, Pediatricians and Emergency Medicine Physicians in promotion of Biaxin XL®, Omnicef Oral Suspension®, Synthroid®, Co-promotion of TAP Product, Prevacid®.
· Consistently exceeded the nation in market share and quota accomplishment for primary product, Biaxin XL®, with the district being the only one in the region to achieve Rx-treme, a very lucrative incentive, in 2002.
· Worked collaboratively with TAP sales force to make Prevacid® the #1 written PPI in the nation in 2002.
· Utilized managed care and market knowledge to establish and grow relationships with targeted providers.
MEDICA, INC., Cincinnati, OH 1996 – 2001
Disease Management and Operations Manager
· Managed the process of 16 primary care offices, for the American Diabetic Association Provider Recognition Program involving 1,000 patient lives.
· Managed the development of a Medica-wide Asthma Care Program involving 700 patient lives.
· Formulated and presented the 2000 and 2001 annual budgets for Finance Committee and Board approval.
· Reviewed all major communication to be distributed internally to 325 primary care and specialty care physician members and externally to payers, hospital systems, and patients in the community.
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
B.S. in Business
· Marketing Concentration
· Spanish Minor