Experienced Performance/Design Engineer with strong technical and project management skills. Reputation for providing creative solutions to challenging technical problems. Proven abilities in working directly with customers, training, and verbal and written communications. B.S. in Electrical Engineering. Particular areas of technical expertise include:
Network Performance RF Optimization
Site Design / Modifications Metrics Analysis
Baseline Drives Leading project teams
12/2007 – 07/2008
Sprint Las Vegas, NV
Sr RF Engineer
• Provided direction and guidance of 900 rebanding involving identification and modification of over 57 critical high interfering sectors and 900 Quad activation to over 123 sectors within network
• Prepared RF network design to address loss of over 126 channels in Las Vegas coverage area
• RF network design involving site modification proposal for an inclusive review of 38% sites targeted in addition to other sites totaling over 100 plus sectors to address high interfering and boomer sites within network.
• Created tracker to manage changes associated with 900 rebanding plan
• Identified, prepared and provided solution for poor RF quality areas with use of either trouble ticket system, switch data from operation management center and/or Vortex, Invex, Agilent, Windcatcher equipment
• Utilized link budget to balance forward and reverse link paths per design requirements
• Determined sites/cells required for resource augmentation per 900 rebanding plan
• Submitted 2nd T1 removal list of 45 sites as cost saving measure
• Pinpoint hardware issues related to chronic drops involving incorrect downtilts, antenna misorientations and/or misplumbing sector configuration thereby improving KPI and customers’ experience
06/1999 – 03/2007
Sprint/Nextel Orlando, FL
Performance/Design RF Engineer
• Performed system design review/analysis, development, and maintenance of cellular and in-building operations with RF Design, frequency planning and system optimization
• Extensive link budget analysis utilized to maintain/improve design integrity such as review of receive sensitivity, noise figure, C/I+N, insertion losses, feedline losses and antenna gain in system. Helped maintain/improve balanced path efficiency between base station and mobile unit.
• Implemented fixes to troubled cluster cells by adding or removing neighbors, adding radio resources, adjusting and allocating proper slots to traffic channel(s) as well as adjusting handover hysterisis and/or threshold parameters
• Collaborated efforts with design team on best fit per site modifications which included one or combinations of the following: converting existing omni to sector cell, new sector orientation, antenna change and/or centerline reduction
• Applied design theory and skills with utilization of Wizard and real-time data for best placement of new sites. With existing sites, determined and adjusted power and/or antenna tilts to achieve optimal design and performance.
• Have a great understanding and application of microwave path analysis, interference analysis, inter-modulation analysis, frequency coordination, antenna and radio propagation theory to wireless network
• Provided training and education for Propagation Model Validation of specific software
• Performed site candidate evaluation, site surveys, antenna co-location for different technologies in role of design engineer as well as verified RF related engineering drawings and final build of sites in field.
• Familiar with Tower Top Amplifiers, LNAs, TMAs, RET antennas
1996 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Florida International University
Mega Star Recipient - 2001, 2002
Circle of Excellence - 2003
RF Safety Awareness
iDEN system school
Leadership for Results Training
RF Monitoring, Analysis and Optimization
Time Management Effectiveness Class
Packet Data Essentials
RF100 and 200 CDMA courses
HP Spectrum analyzer
Anritsu Site Master
References available upon request.