TAMMY J. HOFFMAN
Multitalented Senior Information Technology professional with 22 years of demonstrated leadership in the financial and mortgage services industry; a conscientious manager who is equally comfortable and effective in finance and IT roles. With a collaborative and consensus building approach, worked closely with top management to develop state-of-the-art IT and accounting processes. Consistently delivered superior project and program results through personal effort and deft team management.
• Designed an Internal Service Company model (ISCo) for IT, which allowed for service based charge-backs on an annual IT budget of $235M. By summarizing the IT value equation and investment, my efforts yielded a 25% increase in customer satisfaction.
• Successfully managed industry changing $20M project to consolidate 1st and 2nd mortgage servicing platforms that provided a unique competitive advantage in the industry. The scope and size of this system conversion project was a new record for the industry; delivered transparently to the end customer, on time and within budget. Received GM Chairman’s Honors award.
• Restructured management process for all IT sponsored projects ensuring that the department utilized best practices for the management of their own projects in all areas of IT including infrastructure and data; resulting in a 50% improvement on scheduled versus actual project delivery over a 2 year span.
• Implemented business process model (BPM) and business process improvement (BPI) team to increase efficiencies and reduce costs. The team paid for itself at 1.5 times in the first 18 months.
• Created corporate budgeting function which involved design, training, and rollout of budget program focused on measurable metrics.
Residential Finance Group, GMAC ResCap, Horsham PA
Managing Director, VP – IT Management Services (2004 – 2007)
• Reported to CIO with staff of 60 and utilized an operating budget of $9.5M.
• Played major role in corporate consolidation and integration of separate GMAC subsidiaries into one functional organization.
• Established Enterprise Project Management Office (PMO) responsible for: project portfolio management, system delivery methodology, resource process management, planning and forecasting, and project manager career development.
• Created project portfolio management processes that enabled business based approval and prioritization. Project portfolio averaged in excess of $185M.
• Developed a standard system delivery methodology with delivery assurance checkpoints that improved project delivery and consistency of results. Rolled out to 1,400 IT staff in multiple locations throughout the US.
• Rolled out Clarity portfolio/resource management application. Resulted in simplified project and resource management coordination in a highly-matrixed IT operation with 1,400 IT staff.
• Delivered a balanced scorecard on IT performance to our customers.
• Increased efficiency by 70% in IT Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) program by reducing total Sox enterprise level controls through consolidation and improvements in process.
• Coordinated internal and external audit and risk reviews.
• BPM/BPI team leveraged industry standard processes, frameworks and best practices such as Six Sigma, ITIL and Cobit.
VP – National Loan Administration Relationship Account Manager (2000 – 2004)
• Reported to the Executive Vice President responsible for National Loan Administration, acting as a business line CIO coordinating all technology needs of the division with a budget of $18M annually.
• Implemented IT components of a site consolidation project which eliminated in excess of $25M in annual recurring IT and business line expenses.
• Managed a dedicated pool of project managers, business system analysts, developers and reporting specialists.
• Developed, enhanced, integrated and supported all applications for National Loan Administration.
• Responsible for servicing application vendor management for 1.3M loan servicing portfolio.
Senior Project Manager/Lead (1998 – 2000)
• Functioned as site lead and project manager in San Diego for the integration and system conversion of a newly acquired servicing site.
• Responsible for managing a dedicated pool of project managers and business analysts in support of ongoing system enhancements and base support work.
EDS - Banco Santander Account, Miami FL
Project Manager/Senior Analyst (1998)
Converted all private banking customers to a new application, in conjunction with establishing and staffing an off-shore branch in the Bahamas.
EDS - Deutche Bank Account, New York NY
Project Management Office (PMO) (1997)
Coordinated the remediation and vendor compliance for the Year 2000 (Y2K) project, as well as the implementation of the European Monetary Unit (EMU) for the New York-based securities and trading offices.
EDS - Westpac Bank Account, Australia
Senior Analyst and Manager (1995-1996)
Performed Senior Analyst role for the enhancement and implementation of a US based servicing system to meet Australian banking needs, breaking new ground by providing the tools to establish a secondary market for mortgages in Australia.
GMAC Mortgage, Horsham PA
Various Management, Supervisory and Staff Accounting Positions
• VP – Corporate Budgeting and Finance included creation of corporate budgeting program and management metrics (1993-1995)
• Supervisory and management positions encompassed all areas of corporate accounting. Examples included 1st mortgage bank reconciliation department manager, accounts payable manager, general ledger system management, and financial reporting manager responsible for all internal and external reporting and audit coordination. (1987-1993)
• Junior Staff Accountant for branch/commission support for the Eastern region. (1985-1987)
• MBA - Drexel University
• BA Accounting - Lycoming College
• Graduate of Mortgage Banking School