Jersey City, NJ – Email: *******.**@*****.*** – Phone: 201-***-****
• 5+ years of cross-functional experience in the development ,implementation and support of variety of applications where data for the same is maintained using Informatica
• Extensive experience performing ETL from multiple data sources such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Flat Files, XML Files into ODS (Operational Data Store) and EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) systems
• Worked extensively with complex mappings using different transformations like Source Qualifiers, Expressions, Filters, Joiners, Routers, Connected/Unconnected Lookups, Aggregators and Unions
• Experience in developing Sessions/tasks, Workflows using Task Developer, Workflow Designer, Repository Manager and Workflow Monitor
• Experience in using Informatica utilities like Pushdown optimization, Partition and implemented slowly changing dimensions Type1, Type2 methodology for accessing the full history of accounts and transaction information
• Good knowledge of data warehouse concepts and methodologies - Star, Snowflake, SCD, Normalization/Denormalization, Facts and Dimensions tables, Physical and Logical data using ERWIN
• Experience in testing mappings in Informatica Power center and reports in Business Objects
• Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD and Unix Shell Scripting and working knowledge of platforms like Windows NT/XP/2000/98, UNIX
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.x/8.x/7.x (Power Center/Power Mart/Power Exchange) Designer, Transformations, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Source Analyzer, Repository Manager, Mapping Designer, Mapplets, Power Analyzer, OLAP, OLTP
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin 4.0
Reporting Tools: Cognos 8.x, Business Objects 6.1
Database: Oracle10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, DB2, MS Access, SQL, PL/SQL, Sybase, SQL *Plus
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows XP/NT/98/2000
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, SQL *Plus, HTML, XML, C, C++, Shell Scripting
Informatica Developer Dec 2009 – Present
Amway inventory management
Amway Global is a multi-level marketing company. Project was maintenance, extraction and loading of an inventory system covering purchases requests, purchase orders, goods received notes, returns, stock maintenance of raw materials, packing materials and miscellaneous.
• Interacting with Business Analysts to translate business requirements into technical specifications
• Involved in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of data by using Informatica Power Center 9.0
• Extracting source data from flat files and Oracle and loaded to a relational warehouse
• Designed and developed mappings using Mapping Designer to load the data from various sources using different transformations like Aggregator, Lookup (connected and unconnected), Filter, Router, Rank, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Stored Procedure, Sorter, Sequence Generator and Update Strategy transformations
• Development of update strategy to keep track of historical data
• Implementing SCD methodology including Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3 changes to keep track of historical data
• Used Global and Local shortcuts to reuse objects without creating multiple objects in the repository and inherit changes made to the source automatically
• Extensively worked on Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters, Workflow Variables and Session Parameters
• implemented complex business rules by creating re-usable transformations, Mapplets and Mappings
• Using the Workflow Manager to create workflows, worklets and tasks
• Involved in performance tuning of targets, sources, mappings, and sessions
• Creating post-session and pre-session shell scripts and mail-notifications
• Preparing design documents, ETL Specifications and migration documents
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Quality Center, TOAD
24/7 COS C Aviva
Application developer Jul 2007 - Nov 2009
Norwich CM - Norwich Customer Management
Norwich Union Direct Customer Management system was developed to store and manage legacy customer information for potential future sales and marketing purposes. The project was building an Agency Data Mart for dimension tables designed primarily to support executives, and business analysts in making complex business decisions.
• Created the source to target mapping document with transformation rules
• Created Informatica mappings and change detection procedures and tuned mappings for improving performance
• Extensively used transformations like router, aggregator, lookup, source qualifier, joiner, expression, aggregator and sequence generator transformations in extracting data
• Involved in massive data cleansing prior to data staging
• Involved in performance and tuning the ETL processes
• Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views in ODS and DWH
• Mapping design, loading facts and dimensions from source to target data mart
• Creation, configuring, scheduling and running of Sessions and Batches
• Configuring event based scheduling using Indicator files
• Testing and maintaining of Informatica mappings
Informatica 7.1, Oracle 9i, DB2, Bussiness objects, Erwin 4.0, Toad, Windows XP
Application developer Aug 2006 - Jun 2007
These dashboards are extensively used for executives and Board members to know about growth of the customers and performance of the center. The data which we need for these metrics are populated through informatica in the aggregated tables for the past 13 months from the reporting month. We populated the data in aggregated format from existing ware house. Based on these aggregated tables we build reports which are delivered to the executives and Board members.
• Worked closely with business analyst, data modeling, requirements gathering and documentation of the system
• Design and development of informatica ETL process for aggregated table and did the Unit test
• Worked with business users in scheduling and supporting preproduction UAT
• Good experience in data profiling and data cleansing activities and documenting the ETL process flow for analysis and maintenance
• Production Support for and scheduled monthly maintenance
• Used the Informatica scheduler to load monthly on the third business load after completion of monthly load
Power Center 6.2, Oracle 8i, Toad, PLSQL Developer, MS-VSS, Report net
Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, India
Informatica Power Center & Power Mart, Cognos Impromptu Reports
DataStage / PL/SQL
New York, NY - etl, powershell, transformer, jira, sql, cognos,...
Informatica developer, Teradata developer, Data warehouse developer
New York, NY - teradata, informatica, etl, files, scripts,...
Informatica ETL Sr.Application Developer.
Bernards, NJ - etl, informatica, developer, ssis, sdlc, sr, db2,...
Jersey City, NJ - pl, pl sql, informatica, developer, sql,...
Plsql and Unix scripting
Jersey City, NJ - aix, perl, plsql, shell, scripts, scripting,...
Mainframe developer(Cobol) or Informatica ETL developer
Bloomingdale, NJ - informatica, data warehouse, settlement, mainframe,...
Jersey City, NJ - informatica, etl, teradata, warehousing,...