Eric D. Harrington
• A positive and people-oriented individual offering a wealth of knowledge in Health Care, Business and Information Technology.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of management as well as students and peers.
• A self-starter who is extremely dependable, accurate and meticulous in attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively on any type of team while radiating a positive attitude of success.
• Organization skills presented are the ability to maximize time efficiency to meet organizational success.
2004-2008 Computer Office Instructor\Medical Assistant Instructor, Everest College, Skokie, IL
• The preparation of students for entry level positions as a medical assistant in a variety of health care office settings.
• Training of students included: setting up patient records using Medisoft Manger Software Programs, CPT and ICD-9 codes training. Medical Billing and Coding.
• Preparation of and processing of insurance claims forms, audio dictation\transcription, and office ethics\procedures, medical vitals.
• Performed IT functions such as Help Desk support, Network Manager as well as liaison between LAN managers.
2000-2000 Field Operation Supervisor, The U.S Department of Commerce, Chicago, IL
• Assigned entire Westside of Chicago as a planner, and organizer, and supervisor of a decentralized workforce for Department of Commerce Office for surveyors or data collection operation.
• Duties were (but not limited to) recruiting, training, and evaluating a field or decentralized office operations.
• Analyzed performance, progress, and costs reports for a decentralized workforce or office operation. This while maintaining a dead-line with a work force of (2000).
1998-2000 Insurance Adjuster\Data Entry Clerk, Millennium Information Services Inc, Itasca, IL
• Performed situational underwriting and insurance verification for insurance companies such as, Allstate, State Farm and other various carriers.
• Assisted in ADL look up and coding for all (50) states.
• Performed Office Manager Assistant duties.
Education & Specialized Training
2007 to Present University Of Phoenix
Major: B.S Information Technology
Currently in last Year of completion*
2002-2003 Micro Train
Completion of A+ and Network+ Lab and Implementation
1996-1998 Malcolm X College
Major: Bio Science Pre-Med
Completion of A.S Degree Courses*
2008-2009 Certified Post Secondary Instructor-NCCT
Certified Medical Office Manager-NCCT