Career Objective: A dedicated self starter and multi-skilled individual with a wide range of experience in Telecommunication and Business Management, looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding role where the knowledge and skills gained throughout my career will be fully utilized whilst affording me the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Key Skills/ Attributes
• Planning and Project Management for project implementation and network rollout
• Commercial Management (Imports/Exports)
• Regulatory affairs and liaison with all concerned authorities
• Exploring business opportunities
• Managing the sales department of the company
• Establishing Inter Carrier Partnership with National and International Long Distance Operators
• Drive closure of agreements with Carrier Partners for Voip and TDM routes
• Computer Operations and Administrative Skills
Professional Experience / Career Profile:
2004-2012 Deputy General Manager
STM Telecom Sanchar Pvt. Ltd., Nepal
(Subsidary of STM Networks, Irvine, California, USA)
• Managed Business operations, strategic planning and carrier relations.
• Handled all commercial aspects of the business; import / export, documentation and customs formalities.
• Maintained all regulatory matters including interconnection pertaining to scope of the license; ensured compliance to all issues regarding the framework the Telecom policy by appropriate liaison and representation with the National Regulator, PTST and all other government agencies and departments.
• Established and maintained effective relationships with both local and central Government and the World Bank.
• Managed the network rollout from an operational perspective.
• Preparation of tender documents and RFPs.
• Coordinated and ensured the smooth flow of information across service provisioning, dispute resolution and billing.
Apr. 2002-Apr. 2004 Business Development Manager
Kedia Organization Pvt. Ltd., Nepal
(Business House in Nepal)
• Exploring new ventures
• Assessed the market industry; identified and investigated growth opportunities for the company.
• Divided targets among the sales team, produced weekly tracking and monthly business progress reports.
• Analysed business forecasts and provided feedback to Finance and Head Office.
• Defined areas for improvement; planned and implemented solutions.
Jan. 2000-Mar. 2002 Assistant Manager
N.K. Pradhan & Co. Pvt. Ltd., Nepal
(Company offering security services)
• Handled all administrative, marketing and accounts functions; preparation of proposals and employment contracts.
• Preparation of Tender documentation and bid submission in relation to RFP from US mission for USAID, Peace Corps, American and Japanese Embassies; liaison with all diplomatic agencies and departments.
Dec. 1998–Nov. 1999 EDP In-Charge
Vikram India Ltd., India
(Tea Machinery & Engineering Company, unit of Vikram Group)
• Managing EDP department including administration, dispatch and production.
• Preparation of Salary statements, Provident Funds, Bonus, keeping Employees Biological Data's etc.,
• Production planning, dispatch scheduling, preparation of monthly reports, Inventory controlling, correspondences etc.
Feb. 1996-Oct. 1998 Export Officer
Vikram Greentech India, India
(100% EOU Floriculture Company, unit of Vikram Group)
• Managing all export and import related matters including sales (Domestic & International).
• Banking, Accounts, Documentation, Independent Correspondences, Excise, Sales, Insurance, Preparation of project implementation reports, Raising Invoices, Calculating Working Capitals & Packing Credits.
• Receiving orders and dispatch of goods, Filing and Record keeping etc.
Nov. 1994 – April1995 Receptionist cum Reservation Assistant
Hotel Woodlands Dynasty Plaza, Nepal
(4 star hotel in Kathmandu, Nepal)
• Making guest reservations, filing of GR forms, handling the reception area etc.
Additional Skills Training
Year 2008 and 2009 Planning, Sales and Telecom Operation and
Company’s Headquarters, STM Networks, Irvine, California, USA Regulatory Affairs
Year 1993 Kitchen Department
Underwent 6 months industrial training in Food and Beverage Department
5 star hotel (Hotel Yak & Yeti, Kathmandu, Front Office Department
Nepal) Housekeeping Department
Year 1985 First Aid
Institute of General Health and Hygiene, India
• Typing speed-50 words per minute.
Education & Qualifications:
1996-1997 Diploma in Export Import Management
Training and Advanced Studies in Management and Communications, India (Incomplete)
1992-1993 Diploma in Accommodation Operation
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, India and Management
Nov. 1991-Mar. 12, 1992 Computer Applications
Gigabyte Computer Systems, India
1991 Bachelor’s in Commerce
North Bengal University, India
Available upon request.