Robert F. Folmar
Tidewater Group Purchasing, Milford Ohio, August 2008 – present
A division of Omnicare, Tidewater negotiates discounted pricing with leading national suppliers for a wide range of items including food, medical supplies, nutritionals and related products, janitorial and warewashing, textiles, and maintenance supplies to health care providers (Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation and Acute Care facilities) across the country.
Operations Manager / Business Analyst
• Managing 3 associates and running the day-to-day Operations of the Tidewater Corporate Office
• Developed reporting tools via Microsoft Excel and Salesforce.com to gauge sales team performance and to aid management in strategic decision making
• Supporting Salesforce.com software for Account Executive Sales Team and developed enhancements to increase sales and functionality via custom reporting. Below is a sampling of the successes as a result of reporting initiatives:
o Produced custom Tidewater Performance Report that allowed Sales Management to tailor Account Executive incentive programs resulting in an increase in territory profitability by 2%
o Developed Vendor Monthly Reporting Template that resulted in obtaining new contract worth over $250,000 in new Business to address category weaknesses in the Tidewater portfolio
o Created comprehensive plan to turn non-Tidewater reported sales into quantitative revenue resulting in over $500,000 in new Tidewater business
o Developed action plan for Account Executives to increase penetration in Tidewater’s most loyal membership resulting in over $350,000 in new revenue
o Established the importance of Retention of Tidewater business resulting in over 100% retention in the largest long-term care market and Tidewater’s largest sales territory - Florida
o Designed Account Executive ‘New Business’ parameters for sales management to gauge growth of sales territories resulting in a 1.75% increase in sales
• Developed detailed procedurals on all tasks of the Operations Department to enable efficient cross training of employees and ensure tasks are completed when employees are out of the office
• Supporting SalesLogix CRM for internal Tidewater employees
Robert Half International, Cincinnati Ohio, June 2008 – August 2008
Robert Half International is the world's first and largest specialized staffing firm. RHI is a recognized leader in professional staffing and consulting services
Accountemps Consultant, Salaried Professional Services
• Partnered with downtown Cincinnati client, reporting to Chief Executive Officer and Vice President of Accounting, to develop a comprehensive and company specific business plan for investor review for enhanced social mobile network for cell phones.
Standard Textile Company, Incorporated, Cincinnati Ohio, November 2005 to May 2008
Standard Textile is a vertically integrated company that manages its own extensive research and development operations, manufacturing and worldwide distribution for textile, hospitality, surgical, apparel and decorative products.
Business Support Analyst / Contracts Supervisor, October 2005 – May 2008
• Led statistical, comprehensive analyses and developed business strategies to protect current margins and obtain new business, resulting in $6 million in new or protected business in counsel with upper management.
• Managed strategic price-margin/ process improvement initiatives for five vice presidents and 50 sales representatives.
• Spear headed automation of departmental price hold report, decreasing labor hours and salary costs in the process.
• Developed Sales Support Survey, implemented company wide to identify process improvement opportunities at current and perspective accounts.
• Supervised the workflow and performance of three department employees.
Linen Management Consultant, May 2002 to October 2005
(Standard Textile has its own consulting division to streamline process improvement initiatives for clients)
• Developed process improvement/ cost-saving strategies designed to achieve a more efficient laundry and linen operation for clients, without sacrificing patient care or quality. Counseled key hospital administration staff on strategy implementation and return on investment.
• Managed client consultations valued at $14.5 million in sales dollars throughout Central Region, with account responsibility in St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Iowa City, Rockford, and Peoria.
• Audited healthcare systems, performed statistical analysis, developed quantitative and qualitative action plans via proprietary ControlTex Linen Management Software (which incorporates six-sigma methodologies) to achieve desired cost savings, and presented findings to senior level Hospital management.
• Led team to redesign Palm Handheld Software to eliminate dead spots on the handheld screen, which was accepted company wide due to cost savings.
• Published Case Study by reducing the Pounds per Adjusted Patient Day figure at St. Luke’s Hospital, Chesterfield, Missouri achieving a two-year cost savings of $225,834 via the inception of a Hospital wide Unit Cost Allocation Program.
• Published Case Study by reducing the Linen Replacement Costs at the University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics by $25,293 via a comprehensive linen awareness and education program.
Miami University, Oxford Ohio, August 1998 to May 2002
Bachelor of Arts
• Major: Decision Sciences, a statistical based degree with an emphasis on quantitative and qualitative analysis as well as process improvement
• Overall GPA 3.35; Dean’s List 3 of 8 Semesters
Indiana Wesleyan University, West Chester Ohio, April 2007 – April 2009
Masters of Business Administration
• Focus on Ethical and Cost Effective Business Management, GPA 3.96
• Microsoft Office Suite, Fluent in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, If Statements, VLookups), ControlTex Textile Management Software, Sales Logix by Sage, Salesforce.com
Eta Phi Chapter of Sigma Pi Fraternity International, January 1999 to May 2002
• Chapter President 2001
o Over 45 Hr/ Wk Time Commitment, while presiding over 120 Members
o Oversaw $150,000 in Revenue
• Pledge Educator 2002
o Over 40Hr/Wk Time Commitment and taught 35 New Members the rules and regulations of the Organization
National Society of Collegiate Scholars, January 1999 to May 2002
• Organization for Academic Excellence
• Organized Oxford Community ‘Clean Up Effort’
program management, process improvement, budget and management, P & L
Cincinnati, OH - abuse, substance, healthcare, crisis, psychiatric,...
Manager Continuous Improvement
Middletown, OH - toyota, flow, continuous, improvement, lean,...
Franklin, OH - casting, continuous, process, product, steel,...
Mechanical Engineering Continuous Improvement
Batesville, IN - improvement, continuous, continuous improvement,...
Dayton, OH - operational, pmo, analytics, processes, change,...
Amelia, OH - pmo, create, track, produce, manage, improvement,...
Loveland, OH - transportation, customs, fleet, success, air,...