Melissa Figueroa, LPN
*** ** ***** ***** ******* Queens, NY 11433
E-mail Address: *****************@*****.***
To obtain a LPN position that utilizes the skills learned during internship and gain new skills.
Licensed Practical Nurse
-wound care -dispensing medications -application of dressings
-Tracheostomy care -nasopharyngeal and oral suctioning -insertion of catheters
-Operate nebulizer -Gastrostomy tube care -vital signs
•Administer control narcotics assuming full responsibility for possession of keys.
•Develop and implement nursing care plans.
• Provide supervision & leadership duties as charge nurse on assigned unit to CNAs.
• Delegate assignments to staff, i.e. daily vitals.
• Administer daily medications & treatments as ordered by MD, i.e. meds/treatments/FSBS/ suctioning/GT/nebulizer.
• Transcribe MD orders daily.
• Stock meds/ supplies/narcotics order weekly.
• Check medication cart for any expired meds daily.
• Collect specimens as ordered by MD.
• Complete Admissions/Discharge/Transfers as needed.
• Provide patient/family education as needed.
• Assist MD with rounds.
• Provide bedside/ patient care.
• Daily documentation, i.e. 24hrs. Report/documentation, progress notes, response to new medication & treatment, change of medication, falls, new pressure ulcers, deterioration, improvements, etc.
• Check omissions in caregivers and medication administration record (MAR).
• Attending continuing education classes to refine & enhance nursing skills, i.e. care of a patient on IV, IVPB, PICC, Central line, etc.
• Hand off communication before & after tour completed, when on lunch & break.
• Work alongside RN, MD and interdisciplinary team to coordinate and provide quality care to patients.
Bergen Regional Medical Center: Nursing Fundamentals/Geriatrics
Medical/ Surgical, Pharmacology
St. Joseph's Hospital Mobile Outreach: Mental Health, Surgical, Pediatrics
Care One at Wayne: Medical/ Surgical
Melissa Figueroa, Resume cont. pg. 2
Lincoln Technical Institute Paramus, NJ 2011
Practical Nursing Program-Diploma
An intensive 12 month-course, including 1500 Clinical Hours, theory and hands on training in:
• Human Anatomy & Physiology Nursing Fundamentals I
• Professional Awareness I Nursing Clinical I
• Nursing Fundamentals II Pharmacology
• Life Span Medical – Surgical Nursing I
• Nursing Clinical II Mental Health
• Maternal Pediatric Nursing Medical – Surgical Nursing II
• Nursing Clinical III Medical – Surgical Nursing III
• Professional Awareness II Nursing Clinical IV
Life’s WORC Garden City, NY 02/2007- 03/2012
Implemented individualized service plans for individuals with developmental disabilities
Maximize their functioning in the community;
Assist in the improvement of personal care, social skills, money management, life skills in living semi independently.
Providing exceptional support to my clients, helping them to improve in communication skills.
Bergen Regional Medical Center Paramus, NJ 08/2011- 02/2012
LPN (Long Term Care)
Implemented the plan of care as specified by the physician and registered nurse.
Provide bedside care as needed, check vital signs.
Complete accurate charting of findings, treatments and patients responses.
Administer medications and supervise nursing aids.
Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, & PDF.
Public Relations/Organizational Communications Assistant
Miami, FL - writer, former, game, press, walter, news, media,...
Customer Service Injection Molding
West Lawn, PA - molding, injection molding, injection, plc, mfg,...
Customer Service Sales
Deerfield Beach, FL - outbound, marketing, home, hp, service, media,...
Hattiesburg, MS - microbiology, southern, mississippi, meeting, gulf,...
Customer Service Human Resources
New York, NY - maritime, lawyer, panama, civil, rep, immigration,...
Los Angeles, CA - polymer, heat, thermal, chemical engineering,...
Customer Service - Training Coordinator
Palo Alto, CA - merchant, eric, coordinator,...