**** ******* **. ~ St. Louis, Missouri ******@*********.***
PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING MANAGER-WRITER
Award-winning, dedicated professional in the communications field: Public and Media Relations,Marketing, Advertising, Print Journalism, Business Development, Client Contact & Sales. A creative and practical problem solver who initiates tasks and believes in creating and maintaining open channels of communication. A strong visual thinker and versatile writer with a knack for structuring creative concepts and strategies around practical, core objectives. Self-motivated, collaborative, passionate, genuine, practical, intuitive, good-humored, creative.
· PUBLIC & MEDIA RELATIONS
· TRADITIONAL & WEB-BASED MARKETING
· CREATIVE ART DIRECTION
· BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT-CLIENT CONTACT & SALES
· PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
· As Team Leader, created new product roll-out campaign--PROTECT--a consumer-oriented, ready-to-use termiticide sold at The Home Depot, Lowe's and Ace Hardware Stores. Originated, researched and executed all media relations’ strategies, marketing, advertising and public relations’ collateral material: brochures, product news stories for trade and general publications, radio ad spots, pull-tags, POP, brand labels, print ads, product profile-sheets, media kits, web and catalog content.
· Successfully negotiated “New Product” demonstration segment on ABC’s Good Morning America.
· Increased customer base, name recognition and brand awareness with groundbreaking marketing, print and radio campaign for locally-owned banking institution (with regional and national operations)--branding them for the first time as a “hometown” leader in the financial industry--a marketing strategy that is still utilized in current campaigns.
· Executed a highly successful re-branding campaign for a manufacturer’s line of
barbecue sauce. Media relations and print collateral campaign included initiating and scheduling nationwide promotional appearances for the company’s National Barbeque Champion and spokesperson.
REHG CREATIVE - St. Louis, Missouri Sept. 2002-Present
PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING CONSULTANT & WRITER.
· Develop and create compelling marketing, advertising, and public relations collateral and electronic media products and programs: annual reports, brochures, product sell-sheets, advertorials, media kits, print & broadcast advertising, individual/company profiles, corporate communications, video scripts, feature & product-related stories.
· Hire and supervise outside vendors; printers, graphic designers, photographers, actors.
· Promote new business by making initial contact with potential clients, on-site presentations, and fostering those relationships with follow-up phone calls
and direct-mail promotions.
· Partial Client List: Edelman Public Relations, Monsanto, Gen-America, St. Louis-Lambert International Airport, Stifel Nicolaus, Fidelity Investments, First Bank, St. Louis Magazine, Charter Communications, Rehabcare Group, Scott & Hunsaker Design, Plumbing Industry Council, Wal-Mart, Commerce Bank.
SCHULTZ COMPANY - St. Louis, Missouri Feb. 1995-Sept. 2002
PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSOCIATE & COPYWRITER.
$100 million lawn and garden chemical company.
Our PR staff, including my position, was eliminated when Schultz was purchased by a rival competitor.
Daily Operation: Collaborated with PR director, VP of marketing, six marketing managers, an in-house graphics team and sales staff. Developed all facets of PR, advertising and marketing programs and collateral support materials.
· Developed contact media lists, scheduled interviews and pitched stories.
· Supervised two staff associates.
· Researched, wrote and proofread all product-related packaging (52 products), brand labels, radio spots, brochures, pull-tags, POP, media relations strategies, product profiles, media kits, employee biographies, web content and catalogs.
· Wrote sales presentations for VP of marketing; scripted video presentations and conducted media training programs with marketing staff.
N.W. FLORIDA DAILY NEWS - Destin, Florida July 1990-Feb. 1995
Investigative reporting, general and breaking news. Two national journalism awards. Accompanied federal and local law enforcement officials on drug raids, covered military operations at four major military bases.
SUBURBAN JOURNALS - St. Louis, Missouri Dec. 1985-May 1989
Covered city hall beat, municipal meetings, features and general news. Produced several stories weekly working under very tight deadlines; many times having to leave council meetings early just to make that night’s deadline.
FOCUS NEWS - St. Louis, Missouri Dec. 1985-May 1990
STAFF REPORTER, EDITOR & ADVERTISING SALES PERSON.
A twice-monthly business newspaper. Interviewed business and local community leaders for feature and news stories; edited press releases; took photographs; conducted phone and door-to-door advertising sales; worked closely with graphic designers.
BA, Journalism, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN. 1985. Core curriculum: Journalism. Related studies: advertising, public relations, marketing and photography.
Associates Degree in Communications, St. Louis Community College, St. Louis, MO. 1982. Core studies: Advertising, journalism, marketing, radio broadcast and film.
Computer: Desktop publishing; HTML; Microsoft Office: Word, Wordpad, Publisher, PowerPoint; Adobe: Photoshop, Dreamweaver.
Other: Photography: portrait and on-site.