Harper Woods, MI 48225
Ph: (313) ***-****
Objective Over 11 years experience in the field of Legal Administration Affairs. Seeking a rewarding and challenging position where I may utilize my skills and training to the fullest potential.
Work Experience Law Offices of Brian Muawad Detroit, MI
Personal Injury/Workers Comp & Social Security 3/10-10/2011
• Gathered and filed legal documents throughout various court systems.
• Composed and drafted all pleadings, inclusive of Motions, Briefs, Judgment, correspondence, ect.
• Conducted interrogatories involving clients and witnesses.
• Maintained daily, weekly, and monthly calendar using the Tickler System.
• Scheduled Depositions and Independent Medical Evaluations.
• Provided legal research and writing reports using the computer application West Law.
• Case file management, including gathering and organizing exhibits, documents, trial data materials.
Shakoor, Grubba, & Miller Law Offices Detroit, MI
Paralegal/Probate/Civil Litigation 08/02-02/07
• Provided assistance in the preparation and drafting of legal memoranda.
• Provided assistance to the representing attorney at various depositions.
• Provided assistance in the preparation of trail exhibits and notebooks.
• Conducted legal research as assigned to provide legal documentation,
• Developed and maintained litigation support database.
• Provided coordination for demonstrative evidence for trials.
• Review and analyze will and trust provisions.
• Draft petition for probate and supporting documents.
• Notify heirs, devisees and creditors of probate proceeding.
Mel Farr Automotive Group Corporation Ferndale, MI
Paralegal/Civil Litigation Collections 10/1998-02/02
• Provided legal research using the computer application West Law.
• Conducted factual research and investigations.
• Provided assistance in maintaining logs and current projects assigned by department personnel.
• Draft, file and serve summons and complaint.
• Draft, file and serve answer or other responsive pleadings.
• Conduct or supervise fact investigation (i.e., local interview witnesses, site inspection, locate and pr, material evidence).
• Draft correspondence.
Northwood University Troy, MI
Major: Business Administration, BA/ Human Resource
Academy of Court Reporting/Institute for Legal Studies Southfield, MI.
Associates of Business Administration/Legal Studies
West Law Group Detroit, MI
Major: West Law Computer Application
Certificate of completion awarded
Wayne County Community College Detroit, MI
Major: Business Administration
Crockett Vocational Center Detroit, MI
Major: Medical Assistant
Certificate of completion awarded
Software and Skills
• Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Access) West Law, Lotus Notes, Adobe PhotoShop etc.
• Excellent communication skills, Team skills, Leadership skills, Goal oriented, Motivated, Ability to Multi-Task, Problem solving skills.
• Notary Public
References available upon request
Charter Township of Clinton, MI - paralegal, legal, lori, sushi, dedicated,...
Detroit, MI - statements, legal, research, court, paralegal, law,...
Walled Lake, MI - paralegal, litigation, aspects, legal assistant,...
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI - paralegal, estate, planning, farms, settlement,...
Sales Representative Office
Hurst, TX - paralegal, legal, litigation, injury, escrow,...
Washington, DC - paralegal, litigation, civil, legal, dc,...
Paralegal/ Legal Professional
United States - paralegal, litigation, legal, civil,...