Zero Coolidge Avenue, Boston, MA ****4
Accomplished healthcare professional with proven success in achieving and exceeding company goals and objectives. Consistently achieve optimal utilization of human and financial resources through proactive workflow planning and coordination. Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously while working under pressure in fast-paced environments. Effectively define, develop, and implement targeted action plans to maximize operational productivity, efficiency, and profitability.
Relationship Building · Team Leadership · Public Relations · Market Research · Turnarounds
Strategic Planning · Global Initiatives · Process Improvement · Program Development · Negotiations
Master of Business Administration (MBA), SUFFOLK UNIVERSITY – Boston, MA
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in International Studies, W.VA. WESLEYAN COLLEGE – Buckhannon, WV
KEY AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
· Improved acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and China as expert advisor to international division, Harvard Medical International.
· Advanced into senior administrator role to streamline clinical and operational processes for 46-bed acute care unit and 50-bed sub-acute care unit, Hebrew Rehabilitation Center.
· Recipient of the Suffolk University Sawyer Business School New Product Innovation Award in 2007.
· Established and led Clinical Liaison team to drive patient census by 10%, Kindred Hospital.
· Spearheaded broad spectrum of process improvements that reduced hours-per-patient day (HPPD) from 9.0 to 7.1 hours, Hebrew Rehabilitation Center Medical Acute Care Unit.
· Honored with Lamplighter Award for cost-effective hospital advertising campaign, Kindred Hospital.
· Oversaw JCAHO Task Force, created programs, and led marketing to drive revenues for 6-hospital campus (450 beds) serving Connecticut and Massachusetts, Kindred Hospital.
· Received Partners in Excellence Award for unsurpassed customer service, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.
· Supervised Fundraising Committee in planning and implementing American Stroke Association annual event, and brokered alliance with National Spinal Cord Injury Foundation, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.
· Merged efforts of Marketing Committee and Development Department in launching community outreach campaign to drive public awareness of new hospital grand opening, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.
· Directed significant reorganization project that revamped entire Admissions Department and increased turnaround times by 30%, Healthsouth/Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital.
Scott Ariel · Page 2 · email@example.com
Hebrew Rehabilitation Center 2007-Present
Administrative Director Post Acute Services (2008-Present)
Hospital Administrator (2008)
Healthcare Consultant (2007)
Direct 96 Post Acute beds, Increased average Case Mix Index, (CMI) from .7 to 1.2, increased contribution margin by 10 percent.
Kindred Hospital Northeast Braintree – Braintree, MA 2004-2006
Chief Operating Officer (Coo), Administrator (2005-2006)
Vice President for Strategic Planning (2004)
Formerly Northeast Specialty Hospital Braintree. Responsible for 74 Long Term Acute Care beds. Achieved highest occupancy rate in the organizations history. Achieved highest patient satisfaction among 6-hospital satellite organization. Successfully transitioned hospital from JCAHO Provisional Accreditation in 2004 to re-survey without any recommendations for improvement in 2005.
Healthbridge Management – Concord, MA 2004
Regional Director of Marketing
Hired as consultant to introduce corporation to the Boston market and part of a turnaround team that focused on four under performing Long Term Care facilities.
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital – Boston, MA 2000-2003
Senior Marketing Director, Executive Committee Member
Direct community relations for 297-bed LTACH. Negotiated third party payor contracts, created televisions and print advertising. Promoted to Senior Director. Supervised Fundraising Committee in the planning and implementation of the American Stroke Association annual event, and brokered an alliance with the National Spinal Cord Injury Association.
HEALTHSOUTH / Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital – Braintree, MA 2000
Director of Business Development, Director of Marketing Operations
Direct referral services, admissions, marketing, public relations and managed care for 166-bed Independent Rehabilitation Facility (IRF). Restructured internal admissions operations and led the re-training of existing personnel. Served as trusted member of the Joint Commission Committee. Recognized for goal-oriented leadership and selected to participate in Administrator-in-Training program.
Olympus Specialty and Rehabilitation Hospital – Braintree, MA 1999
Regional Director of Marketing
Recruited, hired and trained sales and marketing team for 74 bed LTACH, exceeded budgeted admissions goals. Effectively produced 40% increase in average daily census. Expanded physician coverage by negotiating a $1 million hospital management contract with major Boston tertiary hospital.
Vencor Hospital Boston and Vencor Hospital North Shore- Boston/Peabody, MA 1997-1999
Recruited by CEO, created rapid referral response program, increased ADC 30%
Comprehensive Medical Management Group –Reading, MA 1996
Marketing Manager Penetrated new markets and captured additional business by conducting sales presentations to decision makers in the healthcare industry. Directed the JCAHO Task Force; led the organization to become the first of its kind to receive Joint Commission Accreditation in Massachusetts.
Scott Ariel · Page 3 · firstname.lastname@example.org
Benjamin Healthcare Center- Boston, MA 1995
Marketing Director/Turnaround Team Member
Received award from the Board of Directors for compactly revitalizing the organization’s image as a patient-centered healthcare provider, and leader and innovator in the community
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital –Boston, MA 1992-1995
Launched marketing and community relations program to heighten awareness of the Alcohol and Chemical Dependency Program
Boston Alcohol and Chemical Dependency Program –Boston, MA. 1984-1992
Managed daily operations of the largest DPH public detoxification facility. Selected as scholarship recipient by the Department of Public Health to receive advanced training in alcohol and chemical dependency.
· Innovatively develop and launch targeted marketing strategies to optimize performance by effectively integrating public and community relations, strategic alliances, and business development initiatives.
· Demonstrate dynamic communication skills in successfully creating and integrating targeted plans to improve patient care, operational efficiency, and health outcomes.
· Implement brand management and public relations programs to facilitate competitive market leveraging.
Strategic Analysis & Program Development
· Strategically design innovative financial, administrative, and program-related planning decisions, including overseeing and allocating annual budgets.
· Perform market analysis to analyze data and apply findings toward creating new marketing initiatives.
Communications & Leadership
· Oversee Pharmacy, Radiology, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy departments, with full accountability for managing 46-bed Medical Acute Care Unit and 50-bed Sub-Acute Care Unit.
· Design, develop, and manage the physician recruitment and credentialing processes to ensure staff members achieve superior results.
· Train and lead staff in all aspects of day-to-day activities, including tracking individual progress to ensure critical compliance with state and federal regulations as well as internal policies and procedures.