David L. Perry
Greensboro, NC 27406
Phone number: 919-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SSN: (U.S. Citizen)
A position in the accounting and auditing profession.
Winston-Salem State University
601 South Martin Luther King Junior Drive Winston-Salem, NC 27110
Major: Master in Business Administration GPA 3.0
Expected Graduation: December 2013
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
1601 East Market St. Greensboro, NC 27411
Major: Business Administration- Accounting
Graduated: December 2011
North Carolina A&T State University Foundation- Intern August 2011-Present
• Responsible for maintaining and updating a filing system of past and present donors of North Carolina A&T State University.
• Assist staff members with creating invoices for past and present students who have balances with the University Foundation upon moving out.
• Generate journal entries to record donor’s contributions to the University Foundation.
Oliver W. Bowie CPA, PA- Accounting Intern August 2010-Present
• Maintain and update the filing system of the firm’s clientele in adherence to the firm’s auditing standards.
• Produced detailed mailing list of clients and organizational members.
• Assist accountants in completing external audit reports.
• Use professional accounting practices to calculated complex cash disbursements and receipts for the accounting firm clientele.
• Trace account balances from general ledgers to the detailed trial balance to support audit evidence.
The News and Observer- Inserter October 2007-Present
• Collaborate with colleagues and management to assure that North Carolina’s premier newspapers are assembled to customer specifications.
Winston-Salem State University-Graduate Assistant January 2012- May 2012
• Responsibilities included quality control of bank compilations for research projects.
• Provide tacit and academic knowledge to assist in responsibilities as assigned.
U.S. Department of Commerce-Bureau of the Census- Office Automation Clerk
Suitland, Maryland June 2010-August 2010
• Provided technical and administrative support to various project leads.
• Maintained and monitor the file system to ensure the ease of use for staff members.
• Design Excel worksheets and Access databases to provide greater information sharing of raw data amongst staff members.
Ferguson Enterprises-Warehouse Shipping May 2007-July 2007
• Quickly and accurately respond to merchandise requests for internal and external customers.
• Provided and demonstrated exceptional customer service from the entrance and to exit of merchandise.
• Assisted in inventory management by processing shipping orders of new customer orders.
Chick-fil-a-Team Member September 2003- May 2007
• Responsible for preparing foods, drinks, and updating inventory logbook for the morning work shift. Prepare food in accordance with state and federal laws to ensure food safety against poison and contamination. Operated the cash register, take customers’ orders, and performed nightly closed-outs to Chick-fil-a standards.
• Microsoft Office