Somerset, New Jersey 08873 Residence: 732-***-****
An effective leader and team builder with an imaginative and energetic management style, and a proven success record in technical and managerial problem solving. Accomplished financial professional with extensive experience in general ledger management; people and performance management. Effective problem solver, detail and results oriented, with excellent organizational and communication skills; possessing the highest proficiency in ensuring "state-of-the-art" expense management systems.
GOLDMAN SACHS & COMPANY, Jersey City, NJ 1984 – 2008
Senior Syndicate Analyst 1997 – 2008
Successfully led global Investment Banking teams and Equity/Debt Capital Market teams through management of the syndicate sub ledger to settle 3000 Equity and Debt transactions in a timely manner and in full compliance with NASD regulations.
• Actively counseled Bankers and all levels of senior management to ensure accurate reporting of deal P&L with minimal write-offs.
• Maintained, monitored and analyzed the integrity of more than 6,000 accounts with approximately $120 million in expenses to ensure appropriate firm-wide allocation of funds in full compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
• Regularly communicated with other financial institutions on firm’s best practice/procedures regarding successful reductions of accounts receivable values.
• Assisted in the development of new applications and processes including upgrading of P&L databases and enhancement of sub-ledger to include multi-currency capabilities.
• Ability to think and move quickly to resolve problems. Tracked millions of dollars of expenses through approximately 200 Equity deals per year.
• Performed accounts receivable, payable duties, and made collection calls successfully reducing outstanding receivables.
• Actively liaise with all levels within the various business units to ensure that operational errors are resolved in a timely manner, and that error trends are identified and countered through process improvement.
• Maintained database of P&L in syndicate accounts. Database used to record P&L in correct period. Balances used to update estimates by controllers.
• Selected as task force member for Y2K initiative. Successfully managed risks and eliminated operational errors.
• Volunteered to participate in industry task force comprised of Goldman Sachs' competitors to proactively re-engineer fund settlement process.
Manager - Accounts Payable 1990 – 1997
Actively supported firm globally in order to successfully process large volume of invoices as well as provide ad hoc reports as needed to provide expense data on a global basis.
• Gave successful presentations to departments throughout firm regarding using proper procedures.
• Managed staff of up to twelve to ensure firm wide, timely, accurate processing of more than 2000 domestic and international invoices weekly.
• Worked closely with purchasing as well as other departments to eliminate cost over runs and reduce processing loads on accounts payable.
• Instituted system whereby firm-wide upload of invoices directly to accounting department resulting in improved efficiency and reduction of staff.
STEVE BOKSER PAGE 2
• Monitored and controlled authorized invoice approvers to ensure effective cost management and control risks.
• Selected for short-term assignment in Hong Kong to review and revamp workflow and payables and travel and entertainment expenses. Successfully upgraded to fully automated system for processing invoices and Travel and Entertainment expenses.
• Represented Goldman Sachs in IRS audit of accounts payable.
P&L and Budget Analyst 1989 – 1990
• Prepared monthly square footage and headcount analysis.
Manager - Quality Control 1986 – 1989
An effective leader and team builder with an imaginative and energetic management style, and a proven success record in technical and managerial problem solving.
• Managed staff of four to review and oversee timely and accurate processing of accounts payable invoices and travel and entertainment expenses in compliance with firm policies.
• Liaised with Information Technology in development and installation of new accounts payable system and to develop quality control reports that are still presently in use.
• Allocated space and headcount for the firm.
Accounts Payable Processor 1984 - 1986
• Provided accurate and efficient service to the entire firm.
• Successfully booked entries across all ledgers and P&L accounts.
• Accurately processed approximately 600 invoices per week. Ensured effective customer service oriented communication to departments firm wide.
• Booked P&L to firm globally.
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
Sales Representative 1982 - 1984
• Successfully completed extensive training program, learned the ability to close a transaction after the first meeting.
• Employed cold canvassing skills to establish new accounts among business owners and upper income home owners.
Associate Degree in Business Dean’s List Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn, NY
Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ
Expected Bachelors degree June 2009
• Community Team Works - Built homes for numerous years for disadvantaged families as well as supported food banks while sorting food for the underprivileged and refurbished schools and parks.
• Soccer Coach - Travel team and Recreation League – 39 wins and 1 loss over four seasons, and earned F License to coach and taught junior girls the skills needed for soccer and teamwork.
• Build and troubleshoot personal computers.