Seeking a professional position as an expert in the structural engineering that handles a variety of multi-disciplinary tasks which require innovative planning, problem solving and teamwork as it relates to overseeing field engineering work, construction inspection, quality assurance, and adherence to best industry practices and procedures. Work involving opportunities with structural engineering involving seismic detailing.
Dutchess County Department of Public Works, Poughkeepsie, New York, Civil Engineer II, 2009 - Present
• Design/Project Management: Responsible for activities in all phases of structural engineering from project inception to preliminary and final design phases including project management during construction phase. These activities include preliminary design drawings and reports, project cost estimates, contract writing, field investigations, writing special specifications, design of structures including calculations and computer generated drawings, coordination with the Director of Engineering, County Executive Office, County Attorney’s Office, and Highway Maintenance Division, supervising consultants during the preliminary and final design phase, supervising contractors and managing inspection staff during construction phase and coordination with utility companies, and state and federal agencies.
• Team leader of bridge design projects done in accordance with AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, AISC Steel Design Manual, ACI 318-08, and NYSDOT Bridge Design Manual.
• Other project related activities include approval of demolition plans, coffer dam installation plans, erection plans, shop drawing review and approval, material acceptance and approval, project scheduling, and contract negotiations with consultants and subcontractors, and negotiation and preparation of contracts with material testing firms. Preparation of asbuilt drawings. Creation of MP&T plans according to MUTCD and NYSDOT Standard Sheets.
• Bridge Maintenance: Responsible for the rehabilitation and upkeep of the County’s 140 bridges. Performing structural inspections, structural analysis calculations, Design of temporary shoring and support systems, deck rehabilitations including epoxy resurfacing systems and deck sealers, preparing repair details and recommendations for County Bridge repair crews, and design of steel sheeting retaining walls. Preparing repair, maintenance and bridge painting contracts for bid projects. Responsible for updating County bridge database and supervision of support staff, coordination with NYSDOT Bridge Maintenance Division, addressing DOT bridge inspection reports and bridge flags. Projects involving the installation of temporary bridges for condemned spans.
• Load Rating/ Hauling Permits: Responsible for analysis of overweight hauling permits on County Bridges and performing load rating calculations for submission the NYSDOT.
New York State Department of Transportation, Office of Structures, Poughkeepsie, NY, Civil Engineer I, 2006 - 2009
• Responsible for activities in all phases of structural engineering design from project inception to consultation with field engineers during final phase construction. These activities include preliminary design drawings and reports, project cost estimates, field investigations, specifications, design of structures including calculations and computer generated drawings, coordination with supervisors from other departments, consultation with the EIC during the construction phase, and coordination with utility companies, contractors, and state and federal agencies.
• Design work involving steel multi-girder spans, prestressed New England Bulb Tee multi-spans, rehabilitation of riveted truss bridges, sound barrier retrofitting, pile design for three-sided concrete arches, CONSPAN precast arches, integral abutment design, temporary shoring towers, soldier pile walls, pile design, earth retaining walls, and box beams.
• Permit reviews involving deep braced-cuts for water pipelines, crane lifting plans, safety reviews for power substations in close proximity to State owned bridges, utility relocations, water main hanger assemblies and installation plans for steel girder and box beam bridges.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York, M. Eng. - Concentration: Geotechnical, Structural, and Seismic Engineering- May 2006
Union College, Schenectady, New York, BSCE- Concentration: Environmental & Structural Engineering- June 2005
Marist College, Poughkeepsie, New York, BA- Economics- June 1999
State University of New York at Delhi, Delhi, New York, AAS- Engineering- June 1994 (Dean’s List Honors)
MS Widows, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Word, AutoCAD, Math CAD, STAAD Pro, Merlin DASH, Micro Station, Barlist, Virtis/Opis
Chi Epsilon- US National Civil Engineering Undergraduate Honor Society
ASCE- American Society of Civil Engineers
NAGS- North American Geosynthetics Society
Completed NYSDOT 5-day Bridge Inspection Workshop in May, 2008.
Professionally Licensed Engineer (PE) in the State of New York
NYS Board Approved to take NCEES 16-hour Structural Engineering (SE) Exam – will sit October 2012.
Photography, Fund Raising, Martial Arts, Charity Work, Economics