TOM MAGNONE, PMP
An information technology services, support and project manager with over 20 years of experience managing engineers and processes in infrastructure and data center service organizations. Strengths include recognizing issues, understanding and interpreting customer environments and support needs, and implementing actions that leverage opportunities and resolve problems. Expertise in customer relations and achieving business objectives by providing leadership to global resources that span multiple business units.
Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional #13740
Top Secret Clearance (Inactive)
HEWLETT PACKARD (Cincinnati, Ohio) 1985 – 2010
Global Third Party Support Manager (2006-2010)
Manage the worldwide third party contracts and support relationships for the Delphi Automotive Account. Interfaced with global resources in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
• Assessed computer system server support requirements and existing support infrastructure to ascertain supportability requirements. Infrastructure included UNIX servers, mainframe, workstations, HP, IBM, SAP, SAN (HP,EMC, Fujitsu, IBM), SUN, Dell as well as various operating systems and support contracts spanning the globe.
• Reviewed, identified and migrated 110 contracts to HP within three months partnering with Delphi Global Commodities Organization.
• Reconciled and managed server support levels to comply with Master Contract, resulting in cost savings of $7,000,000.
• Ensured delivery and pricing continuity by initiating and renewing contract processes with global vendors and procurement.
• Managed purchase order process with global procurement, reducing lead time and re-work.
• Managed 3rd party contract requests and clarifications, leading to service level agreement success.
• Managed Spend Review Forum, providing an accurate review of all account purchase requests.
• Verified PO and Invoice accuracy, preventing duplicate billings and payments.
• Finalized approval of PO requests, ensuring the accuracy of documents and requirements.
• Coordinated third party forecast with service delivery managers, ensuring that costs were reflected in the budget.
Strategic Account Services Manager (2000-2006)
Developed strategic relationships with assigned accounts ensuring account success, increased loyalty and service revenue growth. Improved customer satisfaction through planning and delivery of support services based on customer’s specific business needs.
• Managed global service delivery for P&G that contributed towards winning a $3 billion managed services contract. Systems supported included those in the data center and remote locations around the world.
• Managed a global $10M+ hardware and software support contract portfolio successfully delivering service level commitments.
• Served as the focal point and negotiator for customer and internal support processes, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and contract growth. Coordinated contract, technical and logistics specialists to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Represented service delivery on the account team providing support strategy expertise, which contributed to sales opportunities.
• Analyzed, developed and advised on support strategy resulting in customer savings while maximizing HP revenue.
• Maintained customer communications and relationship development, ensuring continuous dialogue and customer satisfaction.
District IT Support Manager (1990-2000)
Managed the delivery of hardware/software support services and products. Focused on Mission Critical accounts including the territory’s two largest accounts, Proctor & Gamble and GE Aircraft Engines. Responsible for leading and executing account deliverables. Collaborated with the sales force to successfully develop and implement creative customer solutions.
• Managed customer satisfaction, people management, expense control, contributing to increased revenue and profit.
• Successfully owned profit and loss responsibility for $14 million service revenue.
• Managed expense target, controlling costs and maximizing profit.
• Motivated and recruited a diverse engineering field force of 17 people, resulting in enhanced customer satisfaction and profit.
• Planned and implemented support tactics, processes and measures for UNIX and NT installed base, thereby meeting response time commitments and deliverables.
• Generated a training and development strategy for employees; ensuring district delivery capability.
• Conducted regular performance reviews, performance ranking, salary administration and development plans; resulting in a motivated and satisfied workforce.
• Initiated and managed proactive relationships with customers, minimizing escalations and increasing customer satisfaction.
• Managed customer escalations and conducted follow-up analysis; preventing additional problems and issues.
IT Escalation Center Manager (1985-1990)
Managed second level hardware and software problem solving center. Provided high level support across a seven state area for field engineers, implemented a computer systems lab and interfaced with factory design engineers. Team consisted of 14 hardware and software engineers. Systems supported included HP servers, proprietary operating systems, storage systems, high end printers
University of Cincinnati. Back to Business Management Skills (Winter 2010) Management Skills for Today’s Business World
Sinclair Community College/Defense Acquisition Academy, DAWIA Level 1 Certification Courses
SW Texas State University, BA
Community College of the Air Force, AS
Customer Service Representative
OH - campaign, energy, heights, sales associate,...
OH - plant, drivers, die, lines, truck, kitchen, tony,...
OH - solder, boards, circuit, crane, medical office,...
Customer Service Quality Assurance
Garfield Heights, OH - nicole, heights, registered, avenue, middle,...
OH - employees, complete, this, plan, daily, policy,...
Entry Level Developer/ Analyst
OH - marion, cobol, access, ms, html5, db2,...
OH - allen bradley, bradley, controls, hmi, allen,...