Campaigns / Program Marketing / Marketing Communications / Brand Positioning
Senior marketing executive experienced in branding, product marketing, market expansion, and business development. Demonstrated talent for quickly increasing revenues and market share; building brand awareness; and promoting a company's image. Known for innovative state of the art marketing campaigns. Diversified experience in technology, healthcare, and consumer markets. Innovative communicator, project/program manager, with a track record of achieving desired results.
* Product & Brand Strategy
* Direct to Patient Marketing
* Brand Launch
* Lead Generation
* B2B and B2C Marketing
* e-Marketing Strategy
* Advertising / Promotions
* Public Relations
Delivered the strategies and tactical development plans that drove
millions of dollars in revenue and profit growth.
FLUKE INC. Everett, WA, 2006-2008
Fluke Inc, a manufacturer of testing equipment for biomedical, industrial,and network applications.
Marketing Communications Manager
Managed Marketing Communications function and staff of two.
* Developed prevention campaign to promote pretesting of infrastrucure and devices before use to tap into expanding market for high speed applications.
PHONAK LLC, Naperville, IL, 2005
The Phonak Group, a $600M niche manufacturer, specializes in the design, development, production, and worldwide distribution of technologically advanced wireless and hearing systems under multiple brands.
Contracted to expand market share into economy-class market for high-end hearing aid manufacturer.
* Developed launch program consisting of direct-mail marketing and introductory offers for economy-priced hearing aid with business class features. Sold 2,000 units to 100 accounts during 3-month pre-launch generating $726K in revenue ensuring fast start to attainment of $8M annual revenue goal.
CYBERONICS, Houston, TX, 2003 - 2004
$100 million Medical Device Manufacturer (Neurostimulator for Epilepsy)
Senior Product Manager
Managed lifecycle, physician, and direct to patient marketing program for epilepsy business unit.
* Authored integrated direct-to-patient marketing campaign that generated over a 470 implants and $8M in incremental revenue annually. Promoted Vagus Nerve Stimulator (VNS) Therapy device with direct mail, viral marketing, VNS Therapy branded website, patient events, and grass roots public relations.
* Increased annual revenues $900K by enhancing overall usability of company's difficult-to-navigate website by leading a cross-functional team and outside vendor in redesign and new branding initiative including a new patient education area and lead generation program.
* Created new cost-effective lead generating program to reach small target audience using WebMD.com. Developed VNS Therapy Resource Center to reach 900,000 drug-resistant patients with VNS Therapy message. Generated $450K from over 2,600 leads and 30 implants in first 21/2 quarters of operation.
* Executed a pharmacy direct response ad program to precisely target a difficult to reach market. Attached the VNS Therapy message to prescription refills of epilepsy patients. Program averaged $960K from 64 implants annually.
DAVID BETZ Page 2
CAREER PROGRESSION Continued
COMPAQ COMPUTER/HEWLETT PACKARD, Houston, TX 1997 - 2002
$80B worldwide manufacturer and distributor of computer hardware, printers, peripherals, software, and business enterprise solutions.
Marketing Program Manager, 2001 - 2002
Network Storage Solutions Division
Promoted to create and manage global marketing programs for $9B worldwide Network Storage Solutions Division.
* Improved worldwide incremental revenues $120M by leading cross-functional team in development of "Keep It Simple" marketing campaign to de-mystify Storage Area Networks. Incorporated e-Marketing tools, direct mail, success stories, and white papers with re-seller kits. Achieved 3-point market share increase and 88% unaided brand awareness rating from InfoWorld magazine.
* Directed campaign that catapulted $9B division from 8th to 5th in storage software sales. Led development of customer education program focused on e-Marketing tools and innovative interactive video CD-ROM targeted to both technical and business audiences. Recognized as one of the most successful
selling tools, CD became integral part of sales training program.
Integrated Marketing Program Manager, 1997 - 2001
North American Enterprise Solutions & Services Group
Recruited to develop integrated marketing plans for $7B division providing enterprise solutions to Fortune 500 companies in North America.
* Achieved $25M in sales in first six months of program by identifying new and untapped e-commerce market for web-servers and services for small businesses wanting an e-Commerce storefront. Launched web-based "Club Web" to link prospects to resellers, software partners, and ISPs. Created new revenue stream by capitalizing on new exploding business segment.
CLINTEC, Deerfield, IL 1989 - 1996
Manufacturer of I.V. solutions and automated compounding equipment sold to hospital pharmacies and nutritional supplements sold to
hospitals, homecare, and consumers.
Baxter Healthcare/Nestle S.A. Joint Venture in Clinical Nutrition
Marketing Services Manager, 1991 - 1996
Reported directly to VP Marketing with overall accountability for marketing services. Designed all advertising, sales promotions, market research, events, public relations and specialty market programs for $400M international joint
venture. Managed $3.8M budget and staff of three.
* Innovated corporate identity and branding campaign that contributed significantly to achieving #2 industry position while increasing sales over $300M. Produced international market campaign encompassing advertising, public relations, packaging, and all collateral materials that leveraged qualities of existing brands to promote joint venture.
Marketing Communications Manager, 1989 - 1991
Designed, developed, and managed marketing communications programs, trade shows, company newsletters, and collateral literature. Reported to Manager of Marketing Services and managed budgets of $400K.
Increasingly responsible advertising and marketing positions for trade association, promotion agency, market research, medical products, and consumer durables. Companies include Dow Corning Medical and Owens Corning.
Master of Science (MS), Advertising
NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, MEDILL SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM, Evanston, IL
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Liberal Arts, High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa
DENISON UNIVERSITY, Granville, OH