SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
• Provide remote and on-site technical support to retail stores including point of sale computers, multi-media devices and network devices.
• User support for activation /training / troubleshooting PDA’s with a strong focus on Blackberry.
• Handle routine responsibilities while contributing to special projects, technical roll-outs and store openings.
• Experienced resource to assist teammates with technical issues.
• Desktop support for a 1500 user call center
• Blackberry support
TECHINICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Microsoft Certified Professional
• WIN7, XP, WIN2000
• HP and Dell desktops and laptops.
• Active Directory, Dameware, SMS, Source Tech Bill Pay Kiosk, ELO Touch screens, BMC Remedy, Wireless Sync, Blackberry Enterprise Admin, APC Power Solutions
• Deploy desktop, laptop and retail PC images using MS Business Desktop Deployment (BDD)
• Perform refreshes on leased point of sale equipment, computers, servers, zebra printers, and handheld scanners.
• Travel to stores and work remotely with contractors.
• Used Cobian backup, Afaria solutions,
• Symantec Ghost
Landry’s Houston Texas 2009-2012- Retail System Analyst-
• Perform DLT Backups, execute sales reports.
• Support Retail computers and servers using PCAnywhere
• Responsible for updated pricing for retail locations.
• Traveled to install new point of sale hardware.
• Worked with Epicor point of sale devices.
Verizon Wireless, Houston Texas- GTE WIRELESS, Houston Texas (acquired by Verizon Wireless)
-I.T Support 1999-2009
Transitioned to the Verizon Retail I.T. staff following company merger, and expanded geography to include support of over 200 retail store outlets. Responsible for all aspects of point of sale system upgrades and migrations, Windows 2000 and XP rollouts and T1 re-routing projects.
• Worked with circuit providers to solve T-1 issues
• Installed and configured wi-fi access points
• Blackberry Enterprise Server Administrator, for activation of new users and configuring devices for e-mail and data.
• Provided training for team members covering how to install, configure and troubleshoot internal and external wireless cards.
• Experienced with Cisco routers and switches
• Continued to assist with call center I.T. projects and support of over 1000 users.
• Completed a rollout of 21 bill pay kiosks in a 10 day period.
• Averaged a 4.85 out of 5.00 customer satisfaction score.
Responsible for re-imaging computers, upgrading hardware, installing printers, setting up new queues.
• Promoted to the Retail I.T. staff to support over 30 remote field store locations
• Responsible for conversion of over 100 store locations from dialup to T-1
• Team member for office consolidation and moving 1500 users from 3 buildings to 1 building.
• Promoted from phone technician to I.T. staff for desktop support for over 1500 users in the call center
-Technician, 1995 – 1999- GTE MOBILNET
Performed diagnostic repairs and testing of digital and analogue phones.
Also responsible for completion of warranty claim requirements and monitoring/reordering of component parts as well as training and mentoring junior technicians.
• Assisted with special projects, including on-site surveys of retail outlets to evaluate the capabilities of technical personnel.
• Received Employee Excellence Award-July 1999
• Team Member Quality Insurance Team
Constant Communications, Houston Texas
Service Manager/Technician, 1993 - 1995
Lead Technician/ Service Manager. Duties included extensive customer service, repair of cellular telephones/ pagers, documentation of warranty claim forms and maintenance of parts inventory.
S&G Distributing, Houston Texas
Parts Counter/ Technician, 1988 - 1992
After an initial position with the parts counter, promoted to the position of technician and taught myself how to repair cellular phones.
• Performed board level exchanges and machine testing of cellular telephones.
• Primary responsibility for customer service, both in person and over the phone.
• Provided technical assistance to the sales force
Rice Technology Center, Houston, Texas
Microsoft Certification, 1999
Microsoft Certified Professional. Completed the MCSE program, including Networking Essentials, Workstation, Server, IIS 4.0, Enterprise, and TCP/IP.
Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos Texas
B.A., Geography, 1986-1982
I completed approximately 80% of course requirements for a degree in Geography. I paid for 80% of expenses through part-time and full-time employment.
REFERENCES Available upon Request