PAYAL C SHAH
**** ***** ******, *** * ,Wausau,WI 54403
Cell:-715-***-****, Email:- ***********@*****.***
• Dynamic Process analyst and technologist with over 4 years experience in the bacterial fermentation of bulk antibiotics production.
• Ensured that aims, goals and objectives were accomplished in accordance with outlined priorities, time limitations, and funding conditions.
• Linked R & D and manufacturing department’s data for analysis and process modification.
• Designed and executed laboratory experiment and scaled it up for antibiotic production.
• Experience in writing research paper and SOPs as per cGMP and FDA regulations.
• Rewarding experience working on antibiotic extraction processes such as filtration (Liquid/Solid separation), extraction, evaporation, distillation, drying and crystallization.
• Participated in cross-functional teams to establish and improve production capacity.
• Proficient in developing experiments for process improvement and finished product quality
• Acted as team leader of Project which included communication with technology provider( Biofin Laboratories, Italy), conducting laboratory and pilot plant trials, development of cost estimation, budget management, assigning work load to team members, overcome the technology execution difficulties, prioritizing necessary work and resume industrial production in time limit.
• Extensive Fermentation experience with handling of 5 L fermentors to 45 KL fermentors.
• Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, Power point, Project Manager and AutoCAD 2000.
• Designed reactors, filters, distillation columns, storage vessels.
• Prepared project report for different antibiotic technology including SWOT analysis and market study
for the management.
• A very good team player with excellent team building skills.
Molecular Techniques PCR analysis, agarose gel electrophoresis, DNA cloning, DNA sequencing, southern blotting, plasmid/vector construction
Analytical Techniques column chromatography, ion exchange chromatography, spectrophotometer analysis, pH-titration, reagent preparation, conductivity, viscosity
Development media preparation, liquid nitrogen storage, culture development, contamination analysis, inoculation, germination, fermentation
University Of Wisconsin-Madison
Master of Science in Bacteriology Jan 2006: May 2008
Relevant Course Work:
Immunology Multiplication of Viruses
Prokaryotic Molecular Biology Bacterial Genetics
Maharaja Sayajirao University-Baroda, India
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering July 1992: July 1996
Project: - Benzene Isopropylation
Seminar: - Methods of Solvent Extraction
Sarabhai Chemicals Ltd, Baroda, India Jan 1998 to July 2001
• Worked in antibiotic manufacturing facility for gathering and organizing technical information and process modification
• Worked with Streptomyces strain from spore laboratory to industrial production level
• Designed experiments and took laboratory and pilot plant trials for the process modification
• Worked with the quality control department for raw materials and finished product quality
• Served as a technical resource to the manufacturing facilities to provide input and direction on important product/process/quality issues
• Trained on cGMP ( current Good Manufacturing Practices), wrote SOPs as per cGMP and FDA standards
• Prepared and presented report on the feasibility of different antibiotic technologies including SWOT analysis to the management
• Acted as a team leader in Streptomycin Technology Project from Biofin Laboratories, Italy
This involved communicating with their scientist to establish the technology in plant
within assigned time and budget
• Mentored operators and interns and trained them on cGMP
Multifab Engineers and Consultants, Baroda, India Feb 1997 to Dec 1997
Junior process engineer
• Calculated material and energy balances of processes. Prepared Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID)
• Designed equipments and prepared data sheets. Made Bill Of Material for piping and instrumentations
• Performed vendor selection and inspection of various unit operations equipments
• Actively involved in Chlorinated Rubber ( anticorrosive paint) project from laboratory set up to plant set up and industrial production
Alembic Chemicals Ltd, Baroda, India March 1995
Chemical engineer intern
• Worked in acetone and ethanol extraction department for routine operations
• Performed qualitative and quantitative testing for physical/chemical analysis
1) Heidi Goodrich-Blair
Microbial Sciences Building,
1550 LInden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706
2) Diana Downs
Microbial Sciences Building, rm 6472
1550 LInden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706
Note:- Authorized to work in United States for any employer without any sponsorship