SHEENA K. SINGH
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS EVENTS
• Marketing Professional – Dynamic, engaging, and results-oriented with 7+ years of experience overseeing strategic branding and messaging efforts for Fortune 500 enterprises.
• Event Planner – Led strategic oversight of more than 50 events and meetings per year. Highly professional, creative, and detail-oriented planner and project manager of high-impact, high- profile events including company-wide internal Friday meetings, conferences, webinars, and associate recognition events.
• Communicator– Strong writer developing communication strategy, content, and presentations for events. Excellent interpersonal skills working with marketing, business partners, speakers and vendors to meet business objectives and engage audience. Writer to the President for monthly business update to associates.
• Problem Solver – Innovative thinker with strong analytical and organizational skills, budget oversight and cost-effective management. Outstanding strategic, logistical, and contingency planning management.
B2B Marketing Communications Specialist October 2011 – June 2012
Yahoo! Inc. Sunnyvale, CA
(Headquarters for the company’s digital media technology headquarters in the Silicon Valley)
• Served as the manager of the company’s lead generation webinar program for marketing over 40 webinars to 10,000 advertisers a year on the company’s search, got-to-market products, and new insights studies.
• Managed planning process for webinars from inception to completion by serving as the point of contact with stakeholders including internal and external promotions, direct mail, registration, and execution.
• Led weekly and monthly editorial meetings for the B2B Marketing Team of over 40 team members and managed the continuous planning and updating of the editorial calendar.
• Managed email marketing campaigns for webinars and newsletters to external advertisers from start to finish including planning, targeting, creative development, production scheduling, segmentation, testing, and analysis.
• Developed extensive documentation, dashboards, and quarterly best practices reporting for the webinar program serving over 500 registrants per event with over 90% + satisfaction ratings.
• Conducted monthly social metrics and analysis for B2B Facebook, Twitter programs and advertiser events.
Marketing and Program Manager January 2011 – September 2011
Sikh Foundation Palo Alto, CA
(The Sikh Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization that has striven to promote Sikh heritage for over 45 years)
• Coordinated the 45th anniversary event planning for 2012 including live art auction, art exhibit opening, speaker presentations, entertainment, venue and program development.
• Developed content for speeches for the Chairman, presentations, speaking engagements and videos.
Marketing Communications Specialist Nov. 2005 – May 2010
JM&A Group Deerfield Beach, FL
(Subsidiary of JM Family, Sister company to Southeast Toyota. Fortune’s 100 Best Companies, Forbes Top Private Companies.)
• Executed company participation and communications for the largest industry event, NADA, for five years, including developing proposals, speaker videos, workshop materials, booth layout, and presentations.
• Spearheaded Friday company-wide monthly internal meetings and managing logistics including speakers, theme, setup, content development, presentation building, internal promotions, and giveaways.
• Composed executive communications for the President including monthly business address to all employees.
• Led external events including regional sales meetings, national sales conference, client incentive trips, tradeshows, and state association meetings.
• Analyzed post-event insights from external events while collaborating with Market Research and Sales Analysis teams reporting on ROI via surveys and lead generation to make recommendations on future event mix.
• Received Presidential Award- top 1% of company after one year of service and shortest tenure of any winner.
Sheena Singh Page 2
SHEENA K. SINGH
4461 Headen Way Santa Clara, CA 95054 954/464-6348 email@example.com
Senior Research Associate Consumer Insights Group Mar. 2004 – Jul. 2005
Landis Strategy and Innovation, LLC Palm Beach Gardens, FL
• Directed consumer research studies to provide solutions for a range of industries including consumer products, healthcare, pharmaceutical, restaurant, and retail.
• Managed studies from inception to completion including proposal writing, evaluating consumers via focus groups, questionnaires, and concept testing.
• Compiled and analyzed data to create client presentations of marketplace summaries.
• Received promotion to Senior Research Associate after one year of service.
ADDITIONAL EVENT PROGRAM MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Co-Founder and Chairperson 2005-2007
Jago Young Professionals Conference Miami, FL
(Non-profit educational and social platform for Sikh Young Professionals to provide awareness on key issues. Created foundation of young Sikh professional conferences that was subsequently modeled by other conferences in NYC, Seattle, and Bay Area.)
• Developed event model from inception, managed a staff of over 20 team members delegated into sub-teams, and served as a point person to a sold out conference of 150 attendees annually for three consecutive years.
• Fundraised over $30K annually through sponsorships, developed master budget, negotiated contracts, allocated funds for programs, and determined subsidized registration costs.
• Managed all facets of event production including marketing, registration, vendors, and program development.
• Created grass roots marketing including developing an annual website, social media sites, email marketing campaigns, print advertising, press releases, and speaking engagements.
MS Management. Warrington College of Business, University of Florida 3.6 GPA 2003
Awarded 75% Scholarship Teaching Assistant
BS Neuroscience/ Business Administration. University of Florida; 3.5 GPA 2002
LEADERSHIP, EXECUTIVE BOARDS, AND AWARDS
Cofounder and Chairperson Spinning Wheel Film Festival Florida 2006
Vice President Sikh Society of Florida 2008
Social Media Coordinator Premiere of Oceans of Pearls 25th Annual Miami Film Festival 2008
Regional Event Coordinator “Sikhcess” Community Service Organization 2007 – 2010
Marketing Coordinator South Beach Bhangra Performance Show 2004 – 2007
Distinguished Sikh Personalities Award International Sri Hemkunt Foundation 2007