SONIA A. PINEYRO
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Compensation Analysis / Benefits Administration / Recruiting Initiatives
Highly adept, solutions-oriented professional with demonstrated experience in all HR areas, including employee relations, compensation, and benefit administration. Strategic thinking expertise, evidenced by ability to successfully define and design HR department infrastructure while providing key insight into overall organization operations. Skill in evaluating employee performance through qualitative and quantitative analysis. Ability to integrate technology into recruitment / retention initiatives. Technologically proficient in PeopleSoft, MS Office Suite, and Print Shop. Fluent in English and Spanish. Core competencies include:
• Strategic Human Resources Planning
• Federal & State Labor Laws
• Recruiting & Retention Initiatives
• Employee Relations & Development
• Salary Analysis & Administration • Infrastructure Development
• Operations & Workflow Optimization
• Statistical Analysis & Reporting
• Performance Review Programs
• Problem Solving & Process Redesign
DISTRICT HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, 2007 – Present
THE HOME DEPOT, Miami, FL
A key member of the store management team providing essential leadership building upon the foundation of success. The District Human Resource Manager is responsible for attracting, motivating, and retaining a high performing diverse workforce for the whole district. Responsibilities include effective management and execution of learning, career development, employment practices, recognition and reward, staffing, performance management systems, compliance and creating and maintaining a positive associate relations environment.
• Recruited diversified and talented associates to fill positions, completing necessary I-9.
• Analyzed forecasted hours vs. scheduled hours in each department on a daily basis to assure adequate and professional coverage on the sales, operational and clerical staffs of the store.
• Initiated, monitored, and managed all performance reviews for department supervisors and hourly associates including rating, written reviews, and pay increases input.
• Ensured monthly completion of associate training and development, 401K enrollment, and the meeting of AAP Goals.
• Assisted associates with Leave of Absences, FMLA, administration of benefits, and any payroll issue.
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR, 1999 – 2007
WILD (CHILD) POST, INC., NYC, NY and Miami, FL
Provided consultative direction for ground floor HR infrastructure and organizational efficiency for start-up company managing multiple high profile client projects, such as Panasonic, Leap Frog and AIG. Lead development of compensation functions including job analysis, salary administration / analysis, and job evaluation system. Coordinated cross-department recruiting needs, advising and training employees on effective recruiting initiatives, including utilization of computer applications to promote recruitment and retention compensation packages. Oversaw administration of all surveys relative to job analysis, benefits, and performance. Promoted evolving companywide goals through interweaving of HR functions, organization efficiency, and corporate vision.
• Conceptualized, developed, and initiated solid HR infrastructure for rapidly expanding start-up company, including benefit programs, performance-based appraisal, and incentive compensation system.
• Pioneered creation and oversaw administration of companywide incentive programs strategically engineered to impact all organization levels.
• Spearheaded initial writing, design, and implementation of standardized employee handbook.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, 1992 – 1999
AMERIVEND, INC., Miami, FL
Held full responsibility for all human resources planning and compensation functions at major vending washing machine company with over 400 employees and serving over 300 accounts. Orchestrated new employee orientations. Oversaw successful administration of benefit and retirement programs, regularly reviewing / analyzing competitive programs for potential benefit negotiations and/or program change. Managed terminations and exit procedures.
• Formulated new human resources policies and developed innovative employee suggestion system and opinion survey to bridge internal communications and enhance overall employee morale.
• Utilized analytical and organization acumen to create highly functional HR department.
• Cut benefit cost by approximately 20% through benefit analysis and negotiations while gaining employee acceptance through concerted education and communications efforts.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
MS Degree in Leadership/Management – Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
BA Degree in Human Services – St. Thomas University, Miami Gardens, Florida
Educational Leadership / K-12 – Florida Department of Education
Professional Development Coursework
Human Resources Certification -- Society for Human Resources Management, Expected Certification, 05/2009
Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) • Florida Human Resource Planning Society (FHRPS)
Federal Education Association (FEA) • National Education Association (NEA)