ROBERT D. THORNTON
Holland, Ohio 43528
CAREER To obtain a Project Management position with a progressive organization that will utilize
OBJECTIVE: my professional experience and skills.
THOMSON REUTERS, Ann Arbor, MI
Senior Data Analyst, July 2008 – September 2008
To receive data via any approved media.
To ensure that data is collected, input and validated to the required standards of
accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
Validate data regularly in accordance with operational procedures for ongoing QualityAssurance .
Ensure that all data queries internal or external are responded to within a specific time frame.
Monitor progression of daily routines in preparation of the 'sign-off' procedure.
Recommend ideas for improving the efficiency of procedures.
HEALTHWAYS, INC., Toledo, Ohio
Senior Quality Data Analyst, 2005 - 2008
• Manage key account projects from bidding through account launch.
• Estimate budgets and internal schedules for key accounts.
• Coordinate and schedule project flow across departments.
• Design and implement process and technical improvements including database integrity and software enhancements.
• Test incoming data files of various formats using a custom VB6 ‘file loader’ program.
• Import and export data files and test for data integrity.
• Create extraction process using SQL for data integration with clients.
• Create reports using Crystal Reports V10, MSWord, Excel, MS Access and Business Objects.
• Create forms for Change Management, SOX and QA.
• Responsible for quality assurance of data into test and production databases.
SKY FINANICAL GROUP, Bowling Green, Ohio
Data Analyst II, 2003 - 2005
• Coordinated data needs and environments across departments.
• Scheduled timing of data sets for departmental reporting.
• Created internal and client reports using Crystal Reports, Excel, and MS Access.
• Created DTS packages to import and export data across departments.
• Verified data accuracy and assured security of outgoing data files.
• Maintained mortgage data tables with the Empower Loan Origination system.
• Served as Team Leader for the Empower Business Continuity Planning in the event of a disaster.
FAMILY HEALTH PLAN , Toledo, Ohio
Senior Data Analyst, 2001 – 2003
• Coordinated data processing, analysis and warehousing across departments.
• Responsible for the maintenance, diagnosis, quality assurance, data integrity and security for the SQL Server database warehouse, Access databases and reports.
• Created reports for upper management committees and other departments using SQL Server database and Crystal Report Writer.
• Streamlined database and reporting processes to ensure quick and accurate turnaround.
MERCY HEALTH PARTNERS, Toledo, Ohio
Clinical Applications Analyst, 1999 – 2001
• Provided level II applications support for physicians, nurses and other clinical staff on Order Entry, Clinical Observation Results and Patient Accounting.
• Coordinated with vendors and network services on the design and programming of a LAN system for billing of an RCO hospital region.
• Designed and developed web pages for the hospitals' Intranet sites and for physicians network access using Dreamweaver, HTML and SMS Invision Net Access.
• Provided analytical support on hardware and software systems for network hospitals.
• Developed and implemented single sign-on software using Coreport.
Computer Operator II, 1998 – 1999
• Monitored and controlled mainframe computers and network servers.
• Helped users resolve problems with hardware/software malfunctions.
• Checked all job status for completion and/or error conditions to ensure completion of nightly processing running on an IBM Multiprise 2000-227 platform using OS/390, MVS, VSAM, VTAM, JES2, CICS and TCP/IP.
NATIONAL FAMILY OPINION, Northwood, Ohio
Sample Project Director, 1994 - 1998
• Project manager for a key account, in charge of development, maintenance and updates to the database for use among all departments.
• Analyzed data to sample selections and made recommendations to clients.
• Selected samples for projects and performed quality checks to ensure data integrity.
• Scheduled and estimated projects.
• Assisted in the development, documentation and maintenance of addressing procedures and programs.
AMS Specialist, 1990 – 1994
• Programmed, operated and maintained equipment to generate incoming and outgoing address materials using a VAX 6000 and 7000 platform.
• Prepared multicard projects for mailing and processing.
• Separated and supplied return rates for all incoming surveys for project level data preparation.
DAVIS JUNIOR COLLEGE, Toledo, Ohio.
Associates Degree, 1983. Major: Computer Programming.
Certificates of Completion in: OAS Programming, Net Access, INVISION Orders, INVISION
Clinical Observations and Results
Certificate of Completion in: Crystal Reports V 9.0
President of Deerfield Homeowners Association 2002 - 2007
President of the Valley Stream Property Owners Association. 1999 - 2002
Vice-President of the Valley Stream Property Owners Association. 1998 – 1999