E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a challenging position with an organization that offers opportunities for career growth and enhancement. In return I bring excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Over twenty years of experience ranging from Administrative Assistant to Import Coordinator and Logistics Manager.
• Knowledge in AS400, MS Word and Excel.
• Hand on experience working along with vendors, agents, brokers, freight
forwarders and steamship lines.
• Detail oriented reviewing shipping documents for accuracy and compliance.
• Experience in garments classification Harmonized Code (Tariff).
• Able to establish and maintain productive relationship with people at all
levels of management.
• Self starter/multiple tasks/team player/decision making/background working
under pressure and willingness to learn.
• Worked with multiple tracking systems assigned by Freight Forwarders.
Hampshire Group Inc. New York, New York 08/04-09/11
• Responsible for reviewing weekly In-transit (Inventory) report for 3
• Maintaining AS400 updated with correct information and allocation for each
• Interface daily with freight forwarder for planning of weekly ocean bookings
and containers loading.
• Communicating with vendors and agents on purchase orders shipping as
• Monitor all incoming containers utilization and advise Traffic Manager of
issuing Debit Memos to vendors or agent due to Dead Space.
• Use multiple steamship lines for best rate and transit time.
• Air booking and negotiation of multiple air freight forwarders for the
• Inform Customer Service, Production and Sale Departments of arriving late
purchase orders. Renegotiation with Production department on new ETD date
and shipping terms.
• Proofread U.S. Customs documents processed by coordinators for accuracy and
compliance of ISF, categories, description details, Duty %, MID numbers and
• Perform and confirm with broker filing all Protest and Voluntary Tenders
when necessary with U.S. Customs.
• Review and approve trucking, consolidation and freight invoices for payment.
• Audit FOB and LDP in-transit files for inclusion of Invoice, Packing List,
Country Declaration, Certificate of Origin, Purchase Order, Inspection
Report, ISF, CF-7501/3461, shipping instructions, vendor and freight
• Responsible to update, print and review with Director monthly reports on
Duty/Payments/Cost of freight/In-transit (Inventory).
• Troubleshooting and solving problems when necessary.
• Supervision of three Import coordinators and a classification supervisor.
Cameron Industries Inc. New York, New York 07/99-08/04
• Offshore shipment processing of documentation.
• Experience with customs brokers and freight forwarders.
• Expert with U.S. Customs clearance procedures.
• Full understanding and control of Customer Stock and Delivery Inventory.
• Control of shipments between warehouse and vendors.
• Supervisory responsibilities.
Saramax Apparel Group Inc. New York, New York 07/98-07/99
• Controlled the packing sequence of containers.
• Assisted with US Customs clearance procedures.
• Initiated letters of credit and controlled their debiting.
• Data entry and generation of Excel reports for In-Transit Inventory and
• Coordinating with truckers to assure prompt receivables of warehouse
Poplar Imports Inc. New York, New York 04/85-06/98
• Tracking availability and allocating of customer purchase orders.
• Process invoices, bills of ladings and manifests.
• Liaison between salesmen and customers.
• Monitoring of warehouse inventory.
• Assist Import Manager with obtaining documentation for brokers, US Customs
clearance and preparation of letters of credit.
• Communication with supplier and freight lines.
• Supervised office staff.
• Jane Addams Vocational High School Diploma 01/82