KENNETH G. EBENHOCH
Mukwonago, WI 53149 email@example.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kennethebenhoch Cell: 262-***-****
An experienced mechanical engineer and production/operations manager. Strong background in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, and JIT principles and practices. A proven leader and motivator skilled in designing, developing, and facilitating training programs to improve production efficiencies. Able to identify and resolve problems and implement practical business solutions to meet production goals and customer needs. Knowledgeable in OSHA requirements and other environmental, health, and safety programs.
Impreglon (Stork) Cellramic 2010 – 2012
Highly recognized thermal spray product manufacturer
• Fiscal responsibility for multiple product offerings.
• Ensure production departments follow Management Systems and Procedures
• Communicate decisions and provide guidance to all related business matters.
• Develop short-term business plans, budgets and strategies to include site goals and staffing.
• Evaluate locations ability to satisfy customer needs both present and future.
• Provide staff guidance, direction, and developmental opportunities for future advancement
• Develop, maintain and monitor site budgets ensuring all Operational Goals are met/exceeded.
• Provide positive representation to public, customers & employees via professional memberships.
• Ensure strict adherence to all local, State, and Federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Organized, developed and empowered Team Leadership role.
• Designed & implemented employee cross training program increasing site capacity.
• Developed real time production productivity measurement tools.
• Negotiated product delivery promising strategy with sales group.
• Introduced “partnership” methodology with purchasing group.
• Implemented facilities cost savings through contract renegotiations.
TALARIS, INC. (Formerly De La Rue Cash Systems) 1993 – 2009
Industry leading manufacturer of coin & currency process equipment
Manufacturing / Facilities / EHS Manager 1997 – 2009
• Led integrated, cross functional production, materials, and engineering teams.
• Evaluated and identified growth opportunities for manufacturing employees.
• Provided structured autonomy for team leaders to direct interdependent manufacturing teams.
• Refined and regenerated Environmental Health and Safety program.
• Streamlined Facilities Service team response and solution time.
• Responsible for site DRP.
• Achieved a 25% production efficiency improvement and a 40% reduction in floor space by leading a plant-wide Lean Initiative using Kaizen Blitz, value stream mapping, one piece flow, Poke Yoke, JIT, and Visual Management in an assembly environment.
• Trained and implemented employee problem solving programs.
• Created customized Demand Flow Manufacturing specifically which reduced inventory 10%; championed inventory reduction programs through Kanban resulting in a 7% decrease in component inventory.
• Improved productivity and responsiveness of Facilities Service team to achieve and maintain higher levels of customer satisfaction.
• Established and implemented facility reconstruction projects.
• Developed and maintained BCP and CMP procedures and processes to put CRM in place for corporate tests and customer inquiries.
Senior Project Engineer 1993 – 1997
• Designed/developed multiple initiatives for high-speed coin sorters - Plastic components (Injection, structural foam, dip and slush) aluminum castings, machining component qualification.
• Facilitated relationships (design, scheduling, negotiating) with third-party partners.
• Contributed in design and production of numerous aluminum sand and die-castings.
• Bolstered product line engineering responsibilities, including new applications, component replacement, and efficiency via design and manufacturing solutions.
• Product delivered to marketing specifications, on time while meeting cost constraints.
• Designed, developed, and trained direct factory assembly team to build new equipment quicker and more efficiently. Developed manufacturing tooling.
• Engineered coin bag retaining system for high-speed sorter (US Patent 6,004,200) and coin backup and drawer presence sensor system (US Patent 5,443,419).
DELCO SYSTEMS OPERATIONS (Division of GM) 1985 – 1993
Aerospace navigation systems manufacturer
Process/Manufacturing Engineer 1991 - 1993
• Built UHV tooling process including design, acquisition and implementation.
• Managed internal design/production and external expert resources.
• Authored and instructed process methods for technical personnel.
• Specified and developed system control software and hot gas solder processes.
Mechanical Design and Project Engineer 1985 – 1991
• Supervised a five-person drafting group.
• Introduced production vibration, burn-in, and product fixtures designs for manufacturing.
• Partnered in project cost estimation for future programs.
• Expedited changes to DE production quality standards.
• Collaborated with complimentary engineering groups, purchasing, manufacturing, tool department, inspection, plant engineering and maintenance.
Milwaukee School of Engineering
MS Engineering Management
BS Mechanical Engineering Technology