Brenda Lee Smith
Objective Employment as a nursing home administrator
Experience January 2009 to April 2012 Americare Convalescent Center Ciena Healthcare Management
• Got the facility survey ready and passed state survey in March
• Most recent survey Dec. 2011- 9 citations no harm level or IJ
• No complaint surveys for past year
• Excellent family and resident satisfaction surveys
• No union grievances in past year negotiated new 3 year contract which was ratified and signed in Dec. 2011
• Facility closed April 2012
April 1994 to December 2008 Tendercare (Mi) Inc. Northwest Continuing Care Center
• Managed nursing home for 14 1/2 years with positive bottom line, good survey history good union relations
• Facility sold December 2008
June 1992 to April 1994--Beverly Hills Nursing Center The Medilodge Group, Inc.
• Turned around a troubled facility
Education 1986-1988 University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Master of Health Services Administration
• School of Public Health
• Concentration: Long Term Care Administration and Policy
• Undergraduate Bachelor of Science/Certificate in Medical Technology University of Michigan
Affiliations Nursing Home Administrator License-State of Michigan
Member Health Care Association of Michigan
Member American College of Health Care Administrators Michigan Chapter.
Achievements Wrote grant application to the Michigan Department of Community Health, Office of Public Health Preparedness and was awarded $10,000 in October 2009. Money was used to develop an emergency preparedness program for the facility which included a full building evacuation plan and a full scale exercise to test the FBE. I am currently a member of the Region 2 South Advisory Committee Long Term Care Workshop for emergency preparedness.
My facility is a 3 star rated facility with 4 stars in health inspection and 4 stars in quality measures per the CMS Nursing Home Rating Report.