MONIKA M. STICKEL
** ********** ***** ***.********.com/in/monikastickel
Bedminster, NJ 07921 *************@*****.***
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE
Innovative driver of communications and brand value for the delivery of customer relations and demand generation. Ability to quickly assess business problems, provide solutions with strategic direction, develop plan of action and execute. Thrives on challenges, excels under pressure and ties in metrics analysis to deliver exceptional customer satisfaction on time and in budget. Creates one brand voice and finds solutions from complex messages. Accustomed to a fast paced, matrix environment, lean departments, lean budgets, leading multiple cross functional teams, and overseeing multiple high level initiatives. Creative hands on executive who can project manage and execute. Excellent editor, speaker, P&L manager, team builder and motivator. High energy.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Strategic Marketing Communicator: Business plan development long and short term, CRM, organic growth driver building business plans in alignment with CMO and COO leadership, liaison to all departments, lead new communication direction and strategy for brand including co-op partner/alliance marketing, multi-departmental restructure, created one stop shop for over 100 services and products, strategically led, international 100th Anniversary campaign, corporate speaker and presenter for business development. Agency negotiations.
Integrated Marketing Communications: Created strategic direction, creative, copy writing and contact management. Developed integrated communication including: websites, flash, e-newsletters, broadband, podcast, webinars, posters, banners, collateral, print, postcard campaigns, national drip campaigns, product packaging, all product, education, consumer and integrated marketing tool positioning, event marketing, tradeshows, editorial calendar creative discussions, branding and web guideline development.
Multi-level Regional/Local Marketing Communications: Strong expertise in building national branding into regional and local markets. Developed business plans national and regional marketing integration. On seven national brands, supported over 40 regional co-ops, local offices, independent contractors, field and sales teams with marketing, competitive analysis, media, training through webinars, e-newsletters, President voice blasting, presentations, national and regional meetings along with integration of marketing communication tools.
Market Research and Metrics Analysis: qualitative and quantitative research, focus groups, dashboard metrics analysis, field personnel, senior management, key stakeholder’s input sessions. Metrics tools: newsletter clicks through and open rate tool, web trends, excel sales reports, excel technology data reports, brand survey reports.
Technology Development and Product Launches: Strategically positioned, packaged and built products and solution selling along with educational components to increase sales, gain awareness or create customer satisfaction. Technology tools included: web sites, recruiter lead generator, back end sales transaction tools, Top Producer®, Realtor.com®, lead management, local website router, online profile pages. Built web sites, e-newsletters, transitioned brand to web based environment, database management.
STICKEL MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, LLC, Bedminster, NJ 2006 - Present
President - providing strategic marketing, research and project management for small and start up businesses.
For client detail visit – www.linkedin.com/in/monikastickel
Current client: MedNest – Launch of life sciences projects into the US or International markets.
Projects include: International dental marketing/collaboration with Department of Commerce, tradeshow marketing planning, client relationship building and presentation, asthma industry research, medical device FDA road map – including interviewing of consultants, working with FDA Director and staff, budget proposal, predicate device analysis, international customs delivery and harmonization overview, small business grant/funding proposal, delivery of new business proposal for start up, market research, US market road map and analysis on key manufacturer collaboration for launch of herbal product from Europe, creation of US trademark road map.
CENDANT CORPORATION, Parsippany, NJ 1991 to 2006
Cendant a Fortune 500, International Franchise Leader, total revenue of $4.3 billion. Each brand noted from 1991 to 2006 was part of Cendant, a matrix organization. I operated under the Cendant umbrella and within the brands noted below.
Vice President of Marketing and Merchandising, Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corp. (2005 - 2006)
Led innovative, integrated strategic, business plans to create to achieve business growth goals through departmental collaboration. Negotiated vendor agreements. Personnel management. Customers included: corporate sales, field personnel, over 3000 brokers, over 120,000 agents. P&L management.
• To establish greater brand value - developed internal and external communication strategies. Promoted and positioned over 100 brand products and services, launched 100th Anniversary campaign internationally. Built metrics dashboard and drove CRM initiatives. Result: Delivered a consistent 35% penetration in newsletter readership, 5% increase in intranet user session, increase in web site downloads 40% consistent penetration in Field Marketing meetings and delivered one of the most highly attended events – 9000 customers. Industry Awards: 2005 IABC Iris, LACP Spotlight, Galaxy, iNova and Astrid Awards.
• To increase customer loyalty and to differentiate the brand - developed new innovative communication strategy to more effectively merchandise products and services, provided focus for organization and key corporate messages for C-level executives. Result: Developed a more effective targeted, bundled approach to communications based on customer operations along with new direction for editorial calendars and brand priorities. Delivered launch of new internal and external marketing communications within 9 months with buy-in from senior management.
• Quantitative and Qualitative Research Study - Developed research benchmark for new communication position to targeted stakeholders. Held national focus groups and survey research for product, communication and departmental repositioning. Result: Increased customer satisfaction.
Vice President of Internal Marketing Communications, Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corp. (2000 - 2005)
Part of leadership team that elevated market share in the U.S. to the #1 position from a #3 position. The business benefits of this brand building success included an increase in annual sales volume from $54 Billion to $267 Billion, 100% franchisee retention and becoming the premier brand in residential real estate. Responsible for the growth and revamp of departments, managed nine individuals, P&L accountabilities and agency management.
• To build strong customer relationships through CRM initiatives - developed new attention getting and motivational communications, promotions and product strategies, applied latest communication technology tools, developed new sales tools, web 2.0 integration, oversaw all communication vehicles, including content management, copy and design to merchandise brand, held focus groups and developed metrics dashboard for measurement of communication effectiveness. Result: Delivered 35-50% electronic newsletter penetration, 220% increase in intranet user session and #3 placement in national customer performance assessment survey, instituted bi-weekly webinar for all field personnel. Industry Awards: 2004 MarCom Creative Award, Mercury, Iris, Galaxy iNova Award, 2003 Big Apple, Communicator, PRSA Award, 2002 IABC Ace and Communicator Awards
• To increase product development sales and revenue - Positioned the brand in target markets to capitalize on consumer trends while optimizing the communication mix for greater product penetration. Generated sales analysis. Worked closely with international department providing sales/marketing “tool kit” for clientele. Result: Increased sales by 15%. Delivered new Senior and Hispanic market product offerings. Customer satisfaction.
• To increase effectiveness of brand integration to customer through national field marketing - revamped and upgraded regional marketing department. Empowered staff to provide input to national initiatives. Result: 40% increase in attendance for national, field marketing events.
Director of Communications, Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corporation (1998 - 2000)
Led strategic direction for alignment with company mission. Developed new communication positioning for organization. Created internal company guidelines. Created web based environment. Managed agencies, four employees, developed metrics analysis and held P&L responsibilities.
• Increased communication CRM efficiencies - Led new communication strategies and transitioned to web based environment to a non technical customer and support staff. Drove strategy for issues management for customer data collection. Result: Launched to a national, web based communication in 8 months, delivered $200,000 P&L savings and within 1 year, drove 230% increase in intranet user sessions, collected 70% of customer database; web site became one stop source for brand. Created one stop shop for brand’s products and services. Promoted to Vice President.
• Established new business processes - developed branding policies and procedures. Result: Greater customer satisfaction.
Director, Northeast Regional Marketing, Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corp. (1998, promoted in 6 months)
Marketing liaison for integration of national initiatives. Developed regional newsletter, updated sales team on new brand launches, held meetings with local marketers, led media negotiations, led print campaigns, presented to prospects, led sales meeting kick off meetings. Result: promoted in 6 months.
Director of Brand Marketing, ERA Real Estate Corporation (1996 - 1998)
Developed new brand identity and logo development for greater brand positioning. P&L responsibilities, employee and advertising agency management. Handled all brand logo legalities. Planning and buying media.
• To raise brand recognition - directed agency and executed the development of logo, print, collateral, signage, products, radio, video and all other marketing tools. Result: Launched new branding within 1 year and new ERA logo adopted by national, franchisee community within 2 years.
Director, Advertising & Promotion, Ramada, Howard Johnson, Super 8, Park Inn (1994 - 1996)
Developed and executed national, 40 regional co-op marketing and media plans. Planning and buying media. Operated with sponsors to offset advertising costs. Vendor negotiations. Held P&L responsibilities and expert in media, promotions, collateral, print, television execution. Result: All projects executed on time and in budget.
Regional Marketing Director, Ramada, Howard Johnson, Days Inn (1993 - 1994)
Regional Marketing Manager, Ramada, Howard Johnson (1991 - 1993)
EARLIER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Advertising Manager, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey 1988 - 1990
Competitive Analyst, Mutual of New York Financial Services 1986 - 1988
Marketing Consultant/Supervisor, American International Life Insurance/Citicorp 1984 - 1986
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration Lebanon Valley College, Dean's List, 1983
CEO Series - Leadership Program The Wharton School, PA 2005
Corporate Speech Training 2000 - 2005
Tri-athlete; NJ Bus. Marketing Assoc. Judge; volunteer for Somerset Medical Center; Basking Ridge YMCA Marketing Committee; Special Olympics and Habitat for Humanity.