Results focused sales manager offering significant experience in medical sales. Focused in Spine Surgery, General Orthopedics, and Diabetes Care. Recognized for my ability to target key accounts to accelerate sales and revenue growth. Talent for cultivating strong relationships with other employees and key decision makers within outside organizations.
Area Sales Manager, HydroCision, Inc. Current
Northwest Region March 2008
Launched new technology for spinal surgery in multi state region. Established a market for an unreimbursed product. Hire, train, and oversee sales activities of 15-20 direct and distributor sales representatives. Focus sales efforts targeting surgeon champions at large hospitals, teaching institutions, and other regional opinion leaders. Provide instruction on the use of new products during live surgery. Negotiate pricing of capital equipment and disposable products with multiple levels of hospital purchasing organizations. Achieve and sustain rapid revenue growth.
• Converted 24 surgeons and closed 18 new accounts during first 6 months.
• Established distribution contracts with 8 unique distributor organizations.
• Support surgeons in the operating room on a daily basis.
• Provide more than 20% of company’s domestic sales volume.
Regional Manager, Brasseler USA August 2005
Northwest Region - Medical Division March 2008
Represented Brasseler USA’s orthopedic power equipment and disposable cutting instruments. Managed activities of two direct sales representatives and 8 distributor representatives. Covered 11 state geography. Negotiated and implemented sales contracts with Group purchasing organizations and regional distribution networks.
• Led the top performing region in Brasseler USA’s Medical Division in 2006 and 2007.
Independent Distributor, ConMed Linvatec August 2005
Oregon and SW Washington October 2004
Represent full line of endoscopic imaging equipment, sports medicine implants, cryopreserved tissue and powered surgical equipment. Instruct physicians in the operating room regarding procedures and use of equipment and implants.
• Negotiate with hospital purchasing departments and CFO’s regarding capital purchases.
• Closed $1.5 million deal with regional hospital chain.
• Troubleshoot complicated medical equipment during surgical procedures.
Territory Manager, Animas Corporation April 2002
Oregon and Washington October 2004
Promote continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion pump therapy to managed care, hospitals, health care providers, and patents. Responsible for all company activities within my geography. Coordinate my efforts together with a clinical specialist.
• Increased insulin pump sales by 225% from 2003 to 2004.
• Exceeded sales quota in 2004 by 148%.
• Secured exclusive managed care contracts with 2 of the top 3 payers in Oregon.
• Cultivate sales relationships with multiple layers of the health care industry.
Pharmaceutical Sales, Eli Lilly & Co. Diabetes Sales Division April 2002
Salem, Oregon February 2000
Promoted Lilly Diabetes products to Primary Care, Internal Medicine, and Endocrinology health care providers. Planned entertainment and educational venues. Represented Eli Lilly & Co. at conferences and other displays.
• Increased Actos territory sales volume by 27%.
• Increased Humalog Mix 75/25 market share by 61%.
• Improved territory ranking from 484 to 113 of 510 nationally.
• Chosen by my peers to receive the Most Valuable Player award in 2001.
Masters of International Management Whitworth College
• 3.72 Grade Point Average. December 1999
• Cum Laude Honors.
Bachelor of Business Administration Idaho State University
• One of 5 students chosen to participate in the May 1997
International Internship Program.