Weston FL ****1
Sales, Marketing, and Operations Executive
Entrepreneurial executive with more than 25 years of experience in managing sales within the residential, hospitality and retail markets, showroom management, launching and marketing product lines, manufacturing, procurement and sourcing, and new product development on a national level.
Motivational management style, with a record of building and retaining motivated skilled employees, sales teams, distributor networks, international sources and manufacturers representatives. Successful in identifying opportunities to accelerate growth.
Sales and General Management qualifications:
• P & L Management
• Sales and Business Development
• Strategic and Market Planning
• Key Account Management/Retention
• Contract and Price Negotiation
• Budget and Expense Control
• Presentations and Training
• Merchandising and Inventory Control
• Staff Development and Motivation
• Product Development and Sourcing
• Brand Management
• Distribution and Logistics
Duralee Fine Furniture: (2003 to 2008)
Director of Sales and Marketing
Created the furniture division for this major textile company. Accountable directly to ownership on all aspects of sales and manufacturing, including the P&L statement, and all of the division’s sales goals and budgets. Responsibilities and accomplishments included:
• Formulated the division’s business plan.
• Designed the entire product line.
• Created the catalog and price list.
• Trained the nationwide showroom, hospitality and residential sales forces(65).
• Created and managed all the office procedures and policies.
• Developed the software for order entry.
• Responsible for inventory control.
• Developed all required sales reports.
• Set all discount levels and contract pricing.
• Negotiated nationwide freight arrangements.
• Established all domestic and international sourcing requirements.
• Responsible for all advertising, website concepts and collateral material
• Designed the factory layout and hired the labor force of over 80 employees.
• Approved all vendor sources and pricing.
• Established quality control, workmanship and claim procedures.
• Developed all production concepts, a BOM and production reports.
Responsible for an average growth rate of over 30% percent a year since inception by traveling nationwide with company and independent sales force, establishing stocking dealers, securing hospitality projects while providing internal efficiency concepts that assured the companies high end quality products were delivered on time.
Peter Mandel, Consultant: (2001-2003)
• Oversaw the initial company start ups and successful launch of two well known
California furniture manufacturers.
• Developed the product lines and sourcing partners.
• Supervised the internal structure, policies and software requirements.
• Created the company’s catalogs and websites.
• Successfully launched these two product lines on a national basis.
• Established all wholesale trade showroom and hospitality alliances that increased
• Formed residential and hospitality sales teams.
Peter Mandel, Inc.: (1981-2001)
Owner of a wholesale, to-the-trade showroom
Owner of two nationally distributed furniture lines
(Fine Line Importers and Stewart-Mandel Furniture)
• Designed, developed and maintained a to the trade wholesale showroom.
• Responsible for the overall operations and fiscal success.
• Successfully represented a variety of carpet, textile, furniture, lighting and
outdoor collections to the A & D and hospitality community for 20 years.
• Created a nationally distributed collection of European imports.
• Created a domestic upholstery factory and set up national distribution.
• Directed all sales, marketing and advertising.
• Responsible for all purchasing, product design and sourcing requirements.
• Directed all customer service activities for the wholesale showroom and nationally
distributed product lines.
• Developed and motivated the staff.
• Created short and long term strategic plans.
• Acquired new lines and sourced new vendors.
• Expanded markets within the state and nationally.
• Negotiated contracts, improved company efficiencies, and establishing overall
• Sold both the import and domestic manufacturing companies at a profit.
Duralee Fabrics: (1974-1981)
Midwest Territory Manager
• Pioneered a nine state territory for this major textile company
Majored in Business Administration at Queens College, Flushing NY.
References available upon request.