Steven E. Chapman
Dallas, GA *****
Sales and Marketing Management
Developed dynamic teams and executed field marketing and sales plans on a local, regional and national level. Insured continued growth and increased profitability of the bottom line of the companies, using the training and knowledge experience in the use of Microsoft Office, Ecommerce, and the operations of Major Retailers and operations on the national level.
Sales … Advertising … Marketing … Business Management … Web Presence Development … Ecommerce …Financial Management … Budgeting … Training … Employee Relations … Negotiations …Logistics
Computer applications knowledge: HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Adobe CS4, Excel, Lotus, WordPerfect, Freelance, PowerPoint, WordPerfect Presentations, Microsoft Office Professional Applications.
WebMan Design and Marketing 2009 - Present
• Web design and marketing
• Adobe CS4, Flash, HTML and Dreamweaver development
SMC Corporation 2003 - 2009
National Sales and Logistics
• Directed logistics and sales of consumer products, ceiling fans and lighting to Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Family Dollar and other retail accounts of up to $60 million in sales.
• Overhauled order process to achieve 100% on time performance 5 years in a row.
• Negotiated contracts, presentations and logistics to accounts. Achieved 0% defect in orders.
• Oversaw pricing negotiations and follow-up with China factory. Developed program of checks and balances to improve shipping performance and order forecast.
Ranger American 2002 - 2003
National Accounts Manager
• National Sales to major builders for security, structured telephone, Home Theater, Multi Room Sound, central vacuum and intercom installation.
• Developed program to sell in Homebuilders showrooms pre-wire installation for New Homes
Steve Chapman 770-***-**** page 2
Brinks Home Technologies 2001 - 2002
National Accounts Manager
• Sold major home builders from Georgia to Washington DC low voltage installing program.
• Brought largest account in Washington DC area to Brinks
• Established account for largest homebuilder in Atlanta, Charlotte and Raleigh
Botech Enterprises 1997 – 2001
National Sales and Marketing Manager
• Sales and marketing for electric air-treatment products – accounts – Sam’s, Costco, Home Depot, Lowe’s, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Meijer’s, Bill’s, Fred’s, Family Dollar, General Dollar and others.
• Increased sales from $1.2 million to over $4.2 million in six months by adding accounts and expanding product mix in existing base.
• Responsible for presentations, negotiations and follow-up with China manufacturer for pricing and requirements.
• Increased profit to company and factories by forecasting and product development
Ron Chapman and Company 1994 – 1997
• Representation of consumer electronics, house wares, and hardware throughout southeast. Responsible for marketing and sales to Service Merchandise, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Roses, Variety, Family Dollar, General Dollar, Bills, Fred’s, Rich’s and others.
• Supervised Manufacturer Representative Sales force, negotiated with represented companies and retailers and development of programs to increase sales.
• Placed Tensor in Home Depot, increased sales of Tensor 30% in marketplace.
• Placed first Digital Cameras in Wolf Camera – increased sales of Digital Cameras by 120%
• Consistently generated new accounts through the development of effective marketing: mall events, trade shows, dealer events and media promotions.
• Introduced Motorola Sports Trax to the southeastern market. Directed negotiations between the management of the Atlanta Braves and Hawks organization and Motorola. Developed marketing plans to be sold in Atlanta Braves company stores and TV tie-ins.
Philips Consumer Electronics 1988 – 1994
Regional Sales and Marketing Manager
• Responsible for the Compact Disc Interactive (Cdi) and Philips Branded Products market introduction. Directed Sales Force of eight covering the Southern United States.
• Developed plans to reduce turnover by effective hiring practices and plans ranging from entry level to management (70% promoted within one year). Responsible for 10 direct reports – Regional Sales Specialists and indirect responsibility of 14 Regional Salesmen.
• Developed and administered budgets which included decreasing expenses for Regional Sales Managers by 20%.
MBA, Kennesaw State University
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, University of West Georgia
Kennesaw Internet Professional, Kennesaw State University