L. C. CALLAHAN
Laboratory Chemist / Project Management Professional with many years of diverse and progressive experience in managing laboratory operations, manufacturing operations, waste management activities, and solving logistical problems.
Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, Illinois
Project Specialist (January 2010 to Present)
Coordinated a $2.5 million Deinventory of a Nuclear Facility. Responsibilities included the planning, scheduling, as well as conducting and/or coordinating detailed phases of work in radiological facilities. Performed the following specific duties:
• Manage tasks relating to for nuclear facility deactivation. Duties include the development of scope and schedule.
• Plan work and develop technical approaches and job procedures for complex work tasks occurring in highly-regulated facility environments.
• Create technical specifications and procurement documentation and act as technical representative for project tasks.
• Develop and maintain detailed work schedules for the efficient execution of defined scope.
• Managed incoming and outgoing wastes as the waste generator for the facility.
• Lead waste characterization sampling efforts.
• Authored work control documents and procedures for new job activities concentrating on efficient and safe work practices.
Forbo Adhesives, Morris, Illinois
Manufacturing Chemist (2007 to 2009)
Responsible for plant operations including operations supervisor, environmental health and safety and laboratory management. Acted as quality control coordinator for the in-house analytical laboratory. Provided 24 hour problem solving during all batch productions. Performed the following specific duties:
• Managed all laboratory operations and adhesive batch productions.
• Managed projects all of OSHA requirements for the facility.
• Conducted training to meet Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
• Provided QA/QC oversight to in-house laboratory including monthly system auditing, product stability and testing along with data analysis.
• Managed ISO 9001, supervised production operations and was ESH coordinator for the manufacturing site.
Dober Group, Woodridge, Illinois
Industrial Chemical Company
Technical Chemist (2005 – 2007)
Responsible for quality control of the in-house and toll blender sites analytical laboratories along with troubleshooting of laundering wash plans for customers. Generated report data collected during implementation of laundering wash plans and new product development. Performed the following specific duties:
• Customer service involving laundering troubleshooting, report writing, and problem solving.
• Research and development of new products.
• Provided QA/QC oversight including monthly system auditing, procedure writing, and presentation of data.
L. C. CALLAHAN
31 Coy Park Drive • Newark, Illinois 60541 • Phone: 815-***-****
Blyth Inc. Research and Development, Batavia, Illinois
Chemist (2003 – 2005)
Responsible for invention of products, product stability quality control and outsourced wax specialist contact. Performed the following specific duties:
• Product Invention:
(WO/2006/096234) DIFFUSER PATENT
Patent encompasses a fragrance infused polymer resin substrate that is molded in trays surrounding a candle. The polymer resin media releases a fragrance as a result of the indirect heat source.
• Provided QA/QC oversight to in-house and pilot batch site products including stability analysis and report and procedure writing.
• Outsourced as wax specialist which included relationship building with foreign companies.
ARRO Laboratory, Joliet, Illinois
Waste Water Testing Facility
Laboratory Technician / College Internship (May 2002 – August 2002)
Assisted Lead Chemist in all aspects of Laboratory Operations. Performed the following specific duties:
• Cleaning validation testing.
• Data analysis and computing.
University of St. Francis, Joliet, Illinois
B.S. in Biology, May 2003
Minor in Chemistry, May 2003
Kankakee Community College, Kankakee, Illinois
Associates in Liberal Arts, May 2000
CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING
Radioactive Waste Generator
Chemical Waste Generator
Radioactive Materials Custodian
Radiation Worker Trained
Basic Radioactive and Hazardous Materials DOT Shipper
Chemical Hygiene Chairman
Fire Safety Trained
PARIS Interface Trained
SAP Interface Trained
Karl Fisher Auto-Titration Trained
Brinkman Auto-Titration Trained
Brookfield Viscometer Trained
Corrective Action Resolver
ASTM and AATCC Methods of Textile Methods Trained
Hydrometer, Pycnometer, Gravity cup and Zahn cup Trained
Suspended solids analysis (TSS)
Fluoride & Chloride analysis
Assisted in HPLC analysis
TCLP preparation for silver analysis
Particle size analysis
Biological Oxygen Demand analysis
Mass spectrophotometer for Turbidity analysis