DELROY V. MORGAN
**** ****** *****, ********, *** York 14568
FINANCE AND STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
Manager of Strategic Planning
• Comprehensive experience in developing and deploying corporate strategy and annual budgets.
• Demonstrated success in managing Profit and Loss (P&L) statement and incentive plans to achieve targeted results.
• Skilled in leading cross-functional and project management teams through strategic issues; including market assessment, financial and economic analysis.
• Well versed performing benchmarking and developing performance metrics to support corporate business plans.
• Effective at managing contract negotiation, vendor selection and contract management.
Strategic Business Planning and Process Re-engineering
Led corporate business process re-engineering and business transformation for the company. Managed the development, and execution of corporate annual business plans and strategies for energy generation and distribution utility. Facilitated CEO, VPs and business units' employees through the corporate business planning process.
• Launched corporate quality and business process improvement training.
• Developed structure for business unit reporting and corporate review of performance. Translated corporate strategies into tangible performance metrics company-wide.
• Analyzed business process performance results from a financial and operations perspective to ensure alignment with corporate strategies and objectives.
• Organized and coordinated operations reviews between CEO and business unit Vice Presidents.
• Prepared business updates for delivery to senior management, business unit team and Board of Directors.
Financial Analysis and Evaluation
Develop and manage $70 Million budget for the Senior Vice President of service division. Establish and manage the budgets, forecasts, bonus, and field personnel performance incentive plans.
• Provide financial support and analysis to the Consumable Sales and Marketing teams.
• Participate in development of business strategy and trend analysis for P&L and Balance Sheet line items.
• Lead the development of marketing strategy for surgical business.
• Interface regularly with the CFO and Senior management to provide support for business initiatives.
• Teach Financial Management college courses at bachelors and masters level.
• Performed financial analysis and develop flexible budgets, projections and variance analyses.
• Conducted operational performance reviews for engineering and business divisions.
• Led system implement to enhance collections of account receivables. Resulting projects partly contributed to reduced uncollected funds from $11.9 million to $9.2 million over first year.
• Coordinated audit responses pertaining to financial controls to PriceWaterhouse-Coopers (PWC).
DELROY V. MORGAN Page 2
Phone: 315-***-**** e-mail: ********@*********.**.***
• Coordinated internal controls auditing efforts associated with meeting Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
• Defined financial and operational business performance metrics. Performed detailed financial analysis to assess company’s performance. Performed ratio analysis as part of determining competitive advantage.
Customer Relationship Management and Market Research
Managed customer quality department. Established the strategic direction for the company’s residential and small commercial customers.
• Introduced an integrated customer feedback system that reduced cycles time, eliminated waste and increased organizational effectiveness. Customer rating scores increased from 73% to 87% in three years.
• Managed market research, benchmarking and change management efforts to support process improvements and corporate goals.
• Reduced complaint rate from 6 per 100,000 customer to 1.8 per 100,000 over three years.
• Defined customer relations financial and operational performance metrics.
• Performed market assessment, evaluated market trends, and provided specific recommendations for competitive advantage.
• Performed internal control risk assessment for customer relations division. Assess procedures and processes.
• Provide input to RG&E’s Public Service Commission’s rate case related to customer satisfaction performance.
Engineering and Project Management Leadership
Managed all mechanical engineering design capital projects in support of fossil and nuclear power plant operations and construction activities. Developed designs, analyses and capital budget strategies and managed schedules and budgets for multiple projects and contracts ranging from $385,000 to $38 million.
• Led task group to upgrade engineering processes and procedures - reduced cycle time by 50% for issuance of design packages. Develop requirements for Site Welding & Measuring & Test Equipment programs.
• Chaired plant and engineering management oversight team. Served as the utilities representative to the Electric Power Research Institute working group.
• Prepared and assessed scope of work, requests for proposals, bids, and selected the successful bidders for awarded contracts in support of supply chain management.
CONTELLATION ENERGY, Ginna Power Plant, Ontario, New York 2006 - Present
Welding & Measuring &Test Equipment Coordinator
GETINGE USA, Rochester, New York 2005 - 2006
Business Segment Finance Manager
MEDAILLE COLLEGE, Rochester, New York 5/2005 - Present
Adjunct Instructor –Financial Management (BBA & MBA Programs)
THE PIKE COMPANY, Rochester, New York
Field Mechanical Manager (Contract at Con Edison In New York) 2003 – 2004
ROCHESTER GAS & ELECTRIC CORP., Rochester, New York
Director – Customer Quality & Process Performance 2000 – 2003
Manager – Project Planning and Management 1999
Manager – Business Planning 1996 – 1999
Lead Mechanical Engineer 1993 – 1996
Masters in Business Administration- Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering – City College of the City University of New York, NY
Board Member of American Red Cross – Rochester Chapter: Serves on two committees.
Served as Vice President of Education for Rochester Club of Toastmaster International.