A highly skilled, licensed Construction Manager experienced in ground-up commercial construction, commercial interior build-outs, remodeling projects and residential and multi- family homes.
Offer more than 26 years of successful management experience in multiple areas of the construction industry. Able to lead major projects and complete them on deadline while maintaining quality standards and staying within budget guidelines. Strong leadership skills with proven ability to coordinate team of workers and subcontractors in construction projects. Proficient in all phases of project planning from concept to completion. Skilled in processing contracts, estimates, bids, sales, and various construction / building permits. Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations. Dedicated to customer-service and client satisfaction.
Areas of Expertise:
► Business Management ► Client Contact ► Master Plumbing
► Project Management ► Problem Solving ► Public Utilities / Municipalities
► Budget Management ► Permitting ► Land Acquisitions
► Estimating / Purchasing ► Contracts ► Site Work / Excavating
J.J.O Construction, Mentor, Ohio
Senior Project Manager Nov. 2007- Present
Project Manager Feb. 2007- Nov. 2007
• Coordinate and Supervise every phase of construction.
• Direct, support and monitor multiple project managers / superintendents in multiple states simultaneously.
• Ground up construction (Advanced Auto Parts, Rite Aid Drug Stores, CVS Drug Stores, Mimis Café Restaurants, Panera Bread Restaurants, O Reilly’s Automotive, Pat Catans, Save A lot, Aldi Food Centers)
• Review all drawings, plans and specifications.
• Value engineering.
• Estimate and buy-out complete projects.
• Client contract negotiation and review of construction documents.
• Establish job schedule and strict maintenance of schedule to meet deadlines.
• Negotiate Contracts with sub-contractors and Purchase Orders with supply vendors.
• Write, review and revise scopes of work.
• Review, approve and track all change orders.
• Preparation of AIA form payment applications, approve and track all invoices for payment, and compare all budgets to actual costs.
• Development of personnel to achieve company goals and objectives, including selection, development and motivation of staff.
• Enhancement of existing office infrastructure, policies and procedures to create a more efficient and organized operation.
JayMarc Building and Plumbing Inc., Oldsmar, FL Jan. 1981- Feb. 2007
V.P of Construction
• Coordinate and make decisions on all aspects of construction.
• Supervise activities and of subcontractors throughout every phase of construction.
• Work with civil engineers and municipalities to obtain all necessary site permits and land acquisitions.
• Manage all areas of business: sales, hiring workers, A/P, A/R, purchasing, estimates, and production.
• Project Manage Multiple Commercial and Townhome ground-up projects at the same time.
• Oversee construction of approximately 400 plumbing jobs per year for high-expectation clientele.
• Direct all phases of plumbing from concept to completion and warranty materials and workmanship.
Florida First Development Corporation. St. Petersburg , Florida Jan. 2006- Feb. 2007
Sr. Project Manager of Construction / Operations
• Over-see and manage all ground up commercial projects.
• Coordinate all In-House construction entities (Architecture, Surveying, Land Development, Civil Engineering, Purchasing, and Project Managers from concept to completion of construction projects.
• Weekly meetings with Architects to assure good working relationships.
• Work with local municipalities to get projects permitted.
• Attend meetings with local government officials as needed per project.
• Work with Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Design Engineers.
• Provide initial and ongoing training to Project Superintendents.
Director of Plumbing Operations
• Control all aspects of the Plumbing Division.
Associates Degree of Arts, St. Petersburg College, St. Petersburg, FL
Florida Commercial Building License #CBC 1251001
Florida Master Plumbing License #CFC 1426123
Michigan Builders License #210-***-****