TIMOTHY ALLEN MAHAN
Texas City, Texas 77590
Dear Prospective Employer:
This letter and resume are for your consideration for a position in Construction Management, that I believe will fully utilize my professional skills and personal abilities. I prefer opportunities based upon team work, individual merit and capability. My background reflects over 30 years of extensive experience in the construction of commercial and residential multi-million dollar projects, coupled with but not limited to the following areas of proficiency:
• Commercial / Residential Multi-Million Dollar Construction Projects Management
• Construction/Project Management - Restaurants, Hotels, Schools, Military Bases, Strip Malls, Hospitals, Apartments, Single and Multi-Family Homes
• Subcontractor Scheduling/Management
• Materials and Time Cost Controls
• Quality Control
• Inventory Control
• Policy and Procedure Development and Implementation
I have also developed the ability to establish and maintain communications and rapport with subcontractors, general contractors, tradesman, architects, engineers, inspectors, governmental agencies, management and clients. These are all combined with proven business knowledge, and a comprehensive education.
My demonstrated ability in managing numerous projects concurrently totaling over $300 million, and my ability to work with professionals from all lifestyles, while meeting/exceeding timeframes and under budgets are benefits I will bring to your organization.
You will find me a hard working, loyal, personable, and dedicated individual. My positive personality enables me to maintain effective and efficient performance in a conscientious manner.
In closing, I would like to thank you for your time and consideration, and welcome the opportunity to meet with you and further discuss my qualifications in detail.
Timothy Allen Mahan
TIMOTHY ALLEN MAHAN
4126 17th Street
Texas City, Texas 77590
A competent and results-driven professional with over 30 years of experience, and a strong record of achievement in providing the necessary construction management and personnel motivation expertise to ensure streamlined operations, customer satisfaction, increased proficiency and profitability.
• Expertise includes: Commercial / Residential Multi-Million Dollar Construction Project Management; Subcontractor Scheduling/Management; Materials and Time Cost Controls; Quality Control; Inventory Control; Policy and Procedure Development and Implementation
• Effective decision-maker; able to quickly evaluate available alternatives in a logical manner.
• Excellent communicating, listening and negotiating skills, coupled with the ability to establish and maintain rapport with all levels of personnel, subcontractors, general contractors, tradesman, architects, engineers, inspectors, governmental agencies, management and clients.
• Proven background at high levels of leadership, team building, planning, organizing, and problem-solving, all of which realized significant contributions to bottom-line results.
People Oriented • Service Oriented • Results/Profit Oriented • Multi-Tasked Oriented
2004 - 2008 D.R. HORTON HOMES, Las Vegas Nevada
Area Construction Manager
• Performed a diverse range of responsibilities to include, but not limited to: managing multiple projects encompassing complete construction of multi-family and single-family homes - scope of project totaling over $300 million; overseeing productivity, performance and ongoing monitoring of project’s progress throughout all phases of entire construction process; administering project budgets; maintaining quality and cost controls; developing and implementing policies and procedures, while insuring compliance with all state and county government regulations; all of which resulting in highly efficient and smooth flowing operations.
• Worked closely with architect and engineers problem-solving difficulties while implementing viable solutions to insure architectural drawings were both complete and accurate.
• Interacted extensively with homeowners and provided exceptional customer service.
• Completed all homes ahead of schedule; all 7 construction projects rated within “Top 25” of D.R Horton Homes nationwide, and 3 were in “Top 5” for home readiness and total customer satisfaction.
2002 - 2004 G.B. GROUP, Las Vegas Nevada
• Managed and directed major construction projects pertinent to construction defect litigation law suits. Developed and administered project budgets of up to $20 million, including training and supervising superintendents, assistant superintendents and subcontractors.
• Hired, scheduled and directed outside contractors, strategically negotiated pricing with vendors and suppliers; saved company over $1.8 million in two years through completing projects head of schedule and under budget.
• Awarded “Project Manager of the Year” through team efforts and completing multiple projects both ahead of schedule and under budget.
TIMOTHY ALLEN MAHAN
1995 - 2002 MAHAN CONSTRUCTION, Aurora Colorado / San Diego California
• Bottom-line construction management responsibility encompassing all aspects of operations, including: complete management and supervision of multiple projects of multi-million dollar homes in Colorado. Additionally built and oversaw large commercial projects, apartment complexes, and single family homes.
• Hired, scheduled and directed outside contractors., developed and administered budgets of up to $5 million, and effectively negotiated with contractors, vendors and suppliers.
• Managed and supervised multi-million dollar homes located in San Diego; converted all of University of California - San Diego (UCSD) campus for handicap access, a 2 year project completed within a16 month period and under budget. Additionally built Bachelor Quarters Housing in Camp Pendleton, a two year project finished in 17 months.
1997 - 1999 TRIMARK HOMES / D.R HORTON, Denver Colorado
• Responsibilities encompassed: construction management of multiple projects of multi family homes, and monitoring progress of projects at all stages. Administered project budgets, maintained quality and cost control training of all staff weekly; and ensured compliance with all state and county governmental regulations. Interfaced with architects and engineers troubleshooting areas of concern.
• Completed homes on or ahead of schedule receiving “Project Manager of the Year” recognition 2 years in a row.
1994 - 1997 C.J. TORRES CONSTRUCTION, San Diego California / Denver Colorado
• Managed building of restaurants throughout Denver and San Diego, including:monitoring progress of projects from start to completion, while insuring compliance with all state and county governmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Worked extensively with architecture and engineering drawings and civil plans ensuring accuracy and complete detail.
• Maintained high-level quality and cost controls; hired, scheduled and directed outside contractors, and communicated consistently with owners; bid projects and awarded contracts to subcontractors
• Projects included multi-million dollar restaurants, such as: Black Angus, J. Alexander steak house, and a wide range of specialty restaurants.
SAN DIEGO STATE / PALOMAR COLLEGE, San Diego California
Business Management (1979 - 1981)
WISCONSIN UNIVERSITY, Madison Wisconsin
Concentration: Project Management (1995)
Available upon request.