Mark C. Johnson Sr.
Outside Sales Executive ~ District Manager
Professional Outside Sales Executive and District Manager with more than 10 years of experience in all phases of the business cycle. Consistently exceed objectives and increase bottom-line profits for employers. A quick learner and an excellent communicator with an ability to perform well in a multitasking environment.
Extensive experience in the sales process from order entry through customer service. A dynamic sales representative with a genuine love for customer interaction and the ability to build instant rapport. Thrive in achieving/exceeding sales goals, a detailed-oriented individual, friendly and personable, and a self starter with a willingness to work well as a member of a team.
Creative and skilled analyst with strong problem-solving skills offering outstanding customer service and excellent computer skills.
Aramark Uniform Services – Buffalo, NY (December 2006 – Present)
Responsible for maintaining $750,000.00 of current customer rental business, manage 7 outside sales representatives and coordinating functions between the internal departments of the company.
• Direct and over see the sales and customer base of 7 outside sales representatives.
• Have achieved District Manager of the month for 11 months, based on certain criteria.
• Responsible for increasing national district rank from 245 to 120 in less than 6 months.
• Streamlined operations from 8 routes into 6 for greater efficiency, which saved the company
over 100K per year in overhead costs.
• Able to maintain customer base while consistently gaining new rental business.
• Motivate employees to increase weekly performance and increase their weekly/monthly
• Continue to help improve and develop Route Sales Representatives with their selling and
customer service skills.
ADI Performance Systems – Buffalo, NY (November 2004 – December 2006)
Responsible for maintaining and growing current customer base of automotive after-market chemical sales while growing territory and gaining new automobile dealerships.
• Maintained a very large geographic territory including Western NY and Pennsylvania.
• Maintained and serviced customer base.
• Directed training seminars for service advisors to help increase the bottom-line.
• Provided monthly sales reports based on all aspects of the service advisors selling ability.
• Designed custom maintenance programs to represent each dealerships needs and wants in a
routine OEM maintenance program.
• Helped to enhance the overall experience at the dealership with Marketing Material.
Aramark Uniform Services – Buffalo, NY (June 2003 – November 2004)
District Manager Trainee
Was responsible for motivating 8 Route Sales Representatives to meet or exceed goals and helped to streamline operations to become more efficient and grow their business.
• Helped to direct 8 Route Sales Representatives to meet or exceed weekly goals.
• Effectively streamlined operations to make Route Sales Representatives more time efficient
which saved company thousands of dollars in fuel and overtime costs.
• Coached each Route Sales Representative on selling and customer service skills.
• Helped to maintain customer base.
• Met and exceeded all manager trainee training before required which resulted in more
DiVal Safety Equipment, Inc. – Buffalo, NY (June 2003 – November 2004)
Outside Sales Representative
Developed and maintained sales of $100,000.00 in multi-county territory in Western New York.
• Was directly responsible for growing and servicing customer base in multi-county territory.
• Consistently lead division in all sales since hire.
• Work closely with Sales Manager which resulted in the emergence of strong leadership skills.
• Developed exemplary customer service skills with 100% satisfaction.
• Helped to develop new ways of servicing the customer through the use of a handheld PC.
• Trained and coached other members in division on the use of the handheld PC.
The Advantage Company – Buffalo, NY (June 2003 – November 2004)
Assistant Creative Director
Designed and assembled all point of purchase materials for 13 locations in multiple states and cities and was responsible for all newspaper advertisements in the Buffalo News.
• Directed all daily office operations and organized all outside printing
• Created and designed weekly newspaper ad which included multi items.
• Liaison for all vendors and outside printers.
• Designed and responsible for all company collateral.
• Supported all 13 retail locations during holiday season with sales support.
State University of New York College at Buffalo
Villa Maria College of Buffalo
Associates in Applied Science, 12/94
• Proficient in both Macintosh and PC platforms
• Able to build instant rapport and excel quickly
• Able to identify and overcome obstacles to achieve a set goal
• Leadership qualities with the ability to work as a team member