Christopher M. Griffin
Brandon, FL 33511
Demonstrates vast knowledge in all facets of videography ranging from camera operation to all post-production processes. Experienced in the creation and editing of training and informational videos for the United States Marine Corps. Skilled in planning and overseeing video projects for a variety of applications.
To work in a studio that will allow me to demonstrate my skills as a shooter and editor.
• Video: Avid Express Pro, Avid Media Composer, Avid Express HD, Avid Liquid, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe Encore
• Other Media: Adobe Photoshop
• General Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Hardware: Mini-DV, HD, and professional-grade DV cameras; lighting kits, audio mixers, PCs/Macs and various microphone kits.
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS, Okinawa, Japan June 2004-June 2008
Combat Videographer - Corporal
Plan, coordinate, and perform all aspects of videography for training, operational, and documentary purposes for the US Marines. Manage projects from planning stages through production and post-production. Set up shot lists, create scripts and storyboards, plan and conduct interviews, review and edit footage, and prepare final videos in accordance with the Marine Corps standards and regulations. Hold a Secret Security Clearance.
• Deployed with 31st MEU January 2006 - July 2006
As the single videographer, documented all exercises and operations of the Marines and sailors aboard USS Essex; MEU EX (Guam - Feb 2006), UFL (South Korea - March 2006), Cobra Gold (Thailand - April 2006), Operation Hope Renewal (Philippines - July 2006)
• Convoy Operations Documentation. February 2008.
Attached to Marine Wing Support Squadron 172 and documented all training evolutions for 8 days in the field. Produced DVD with interviews, music and fast paced video.
• Narration for Combat Camera Center, Okinawa, Japan January 2008 - April 2008
Assisted with shooting, and also narrated a promotional video to demonstrate the abilities of the Combat Visual Information Center (CVIC).
• Produced safety videos, 2006-2008.
Coordinated with Sean Curtis of the Marine Corps Bases Japan Base Safety Office to create important educational videos to prevent mishaps over summer and holiday breaks.
• Jungle Warfare Training Center Instructional Video, August 2007
Assisted in the planning, storyboard and shooting of an instructional video showing Marines the proper way to navigate an 8 mile obstacle course. Included dangerous shooting situations, underwater videography, and adapting to last minute changes.
• United States Marine Corps, Oct 2004 - Feb 2005.
Completed Basic Video Production and Documentation Course that included all areas of videography such as linear/non linear editing, foundation for shot composition, interview techniques, and audio and lighting techniques.
• C. Leon King High School, Tampa, FL, 2000-2004, Graduated, Diploma.