KEVIN V. HUNT
Mesa, Arizona 85204
Marketing. Special Events Planner. Calendaring. Public Information. Manager. Supervisor. Administrator. Office Manager. Written and Oral Communications. Speaker’s Bureau Manager. Brochure Development. Budget Development. Author. Editor. Volunteer Management. Company Newsletter Editor. Organizer. Planner. Calendaring. Program Development and Implementation. Policy and Procedure Development. Volunteer and Employee Orientation. Trainer. Human Resources. Bookkeeper. Accounting. Safety and Claims Management. Self starter. Independent. Team Player. Computer Applications: QuickBooks. Microsoft Word. Excel.
• Worked seven years for Boy Scouts of America as professional
• Camp Director 7 Years in Boy Scout summer camp operations
• Recruited and managed volunteers
• Volunteer recognition programs
• Marketing and Public Relations programs
• Developed and implemented finance operations
• Developed and implemented budgets for programs and camps
Marketing and Communications
• Created marketing program complete with brochures, media releases, internal and
external communications for county parks system, and Boy Scouts.
• Edited and published newsletters. Coordinated communications, public relations.
• Author of 25 books – juvenile series on Values, Youth Leadership concepts.
• Personal journalist for 35 years – 110 plus volumes, with over 22,000 pages.
Administration, Management and Supervision
• Developed planned, organized programs and managed materials and facilities.
• Developed agendas, prepared meeting summaries, and task lists.
• Produced and implemented policy and procedure manuals.
• Directed staff, delegated assignments, scheduled work, and evaluated results.
• Managed budgets, monitored expenses, facilitated purchasing and inventory.
Organization and Planning
• Organized, initiated Public Information, Safety, Claims, and Personnel programs.
• Developed and implemented programs through effective organization of time,
people, and resources.
• Special events planning. Calendaring and task backdating.
KEVIN V. HUNT Page 2
Training and Resource Development
• Managed volunteer programs, recruitment, training and recognition.
• Developed and presented extensive staff development training programs.
• Produced and presented training for employees, supervisors and management.
Safety and Claims Management
• Established corporate safety culture through policy development and training.
• Implemented strong accident prevention and investigation procedures, OSHA
compliance programs. Significantly reduced accident frequency, claim costs.
• Skilled in auto, GL, bodily injury, workers’ compensation claims management.
Human Resources and Personnel Administration
• Managed recruitment, advertising, interviewing, testing and selection processes.
• Developed, conducted extensive new-hire orientation and training programs.
• Managed payroll, benefits, insurance plan development, enrollment, contracts.
• Developed job descriptions, maintained classification system, personnel records.
• Automated processes, generated reports and organizational charts.
• Developed and maintained data base and spreadsheet programs.
• Developed detailed policies and procedures for data base records management.
• Proficient in computer applications including, Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, and payroll programs.
Office Manager – Arizona AFO – 2007
Bookkeeper/HR Manager, Crum Plumbing, Mesa, AZ 2001-2007
Corporate Claims Manager, Willis of Arizona, Phoenix, AZ 1999 - 2000
Insurance Coordinator - Phoenix, Administaff, Phoenix, AZ 1997 - 1999
Claims Coordinator, JB Rodgers/Kinetics, Tempe, AZ 1997 – 1998
Workers Comp Analyst, America West Airlines, Tempe, AZ 1996
Claims Coordinator, American Fence Corporation, Phoenix, AZ 1995 - 1996
Claims Manager, Megafoods Stores, Inc., Mesa, AZ 1993 - 1995
Office Manager, Herd Health Management, Gilbert, AZ 1992 - 1993
Substitute Teacher Coolidge, Casa Grande, Gilbert, Mesa High Schools 1990 - 1992
Personnel Director, Pinal County, AZ 1989 - 1990
Personnel, Public Information, Safety Officer, GSA, Ventura Co., CA 1985 -1989
Senior District Executive, Boy Scouts of America, Ogden, UT, Santa Barbara, CA 1978 - 1984
B.S., Youth Agency Administration, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
General Studies, Mesa Community College, Mesa, AZ
School Board Personnel Commission, United Way, Kiwanis International.
Boy Scouts: Eagle Scout, volunteer, trainer, youth leader, Silver Beaver Award recipient